PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave3D and ATI Radeon 9600 Problem

teremo
07-24-2006, 10:07 AM
Hello everyone,

I used to have an old Nvidia GeForce 2 videocard and it worked pretty well with LIghtwave (although it did have very little Ram, 64MB) and I have just purchased a brand new ATI Radeon 9600 with 256MB Ram.

Here is the bad news...Unfortunately when I use my new ATI videocard and I work with LIghtwave, the viewport does not refresh correctly and the icon/cursor of the tool that I am using remains in the viewport as if it was still there, but it's not really there anymore. The only way to make it go away from the viewport is if I zoom in or pan the viewport, "refreshing it".

Do you know if this has happened to other ATI Radeon 9600 users or what could I do to fix this? Is there some video setting options that I should be aware?

Thank you,

Teremo

Penforhire
07-24-2006, 10:58 AM
Are you using the latest ATI Catalyst drivers? That solved some of my video issues (I use their X1600Pro card).

teremo
07-24-2006, 12:01 PM
Good point. I am not sure if I am using their latest driver or not so I will just download it now and see what that does. I will let you know. Thanks!

teremo
07-24-2006, 01:07 PM
It worked! Thank you for the tip! Im glad that the new driver finally fixed the problem. :-)

Teremo