PDA

View Full Version : Backdrop rotation

CreepinJesus
07-24-2006, 02:15 AM
I'm setting up backdrops for a car - the side and front views are fine, but the top view's backdrop is 90 out from what I have modeled. I tried rotation the backdrop image file, then re-loading it into LightWave, but whatever orientation it has, it always comes up vertical (front of the car at the top of the screen, back at the bottom). You probably all know that rotating the viewport's view also rotates the backdrop, so that doesn't help...

Anyone know how to fix this?

iconoclasty
07-24-2006, 09:35 AM
<edit>Overall, my original comment here was way off and entirely misleading. I have officially retracted this statement. </edit>

CreepinJesus
07-24-2006, 11:59 AM
Where is this backdrop ini file? I can't find it :(

iconoclasty
07-25-2006, 07:37 AM
Okay, ignore what I said about the ini file, I assumed you saved your backdrop setup. Instead of bringing up the backdrop settings to reload the image, bring up your image editor (f6) click the image you want to change, click replace, then choose the file again. That should work.

Exception
07-25-2006, 07:41 AM
How about a negative size? That should flip it... If I understand your question correctly.

iconoclasty
07-25-2006, 09:25 AM
I think he want's it rotated 90degrees, not 180.

CreepinJesus
07-26-2006, 02:46 AM
That's not working...it's still being a complete bumhead :(

And yes, it needs rotating 90 not 180.

In the image editor, the image preview shows the image the way I want it...but the backdrop is a different way round :S

(According to the backdrops) In the side views, the length of the car I'm modeling goes along the X-axis, but in the top view, the length follows the Z-axis...the modeled parts do actually follow the axes properly though.

iconoclasty
07-26-2006, 09:33 AM
I'm still a little stumped. It should have worked from what you say you've done. Have you tried completely starting over with a fresh backdrop setup using the image you altered? If so, then I don't understand why it's not displaying the image in the correct aligment.

CreepinJesus
07-26-2006, 01:50 PM
Ah forget it *waves fist at Modeler screen* - I'll just rotate everything every now and then when I need to line something up. Thanks anyway LightWavers :)

iconoclasty
07-27-2006, 07:48 AM
Sorry I wasn't more help. If you decide you want some more advice, I'd try reposting this in the support forum. I don't think a lot of people who could help ended up seeing this thread.