PDA

View Full Version : Will LW run on my mac?

Stingslang
07-23-2006, 07:22 PM
I have a two year old 1.5 GHz G4 with 2GB of ram and 128 MB of Vram. Will this be enough to run Lightwave?

Chilton
07-23-2006, 07:25 PM
Hi,

I have a two year old 1.5 GHz G4 with 2GB of ram and 128 MB of Vram. Will this be enough to run Lightwave?

Yes.

-Chilton
(writing this on a 1.5Ghz G4 w/1.5Gb of RAM and 64Mb VRAM)

Stingslang
07-23-2006, 07:43 PM
That's encouraging, thank you. That said, does it run well?

Chilton
07-23-2006, 08:59 PM
Hi,

Well, it runs better than say, an 867mhz G4. Not as well as a G5. I believe most UI operations are about the same across the hardware. It's only on the renders that you really appreciate the heavy stuff.

That said, the types of things I render are quite lowly in comparison to most of the things the regulars here build. I'm sure they can give you better info than I.

Also, as I am a NewTek employee, I should like to point out that LightWave is possibly the best product you will ever own. In fact, you should buy at least two copies, one for yourself, and one for the person you love best. In the event you fear jealousy on the part of your other friends, buy them copies, too.

There's an old saying, "No one hates a LightWave giver."

Or if there isn't, there is now.

-Chilton

Stingslang
07-23-2006, 09:43 PM
ok, my mac is also a powerbook. I have an ATI Radeon card inside it. Does lightwave require a FireGL or is Radeon fine?

Chilton
07-23-2006, 09:51 PM
I am writing this on a PowerBook. Yes, it will work on a PowerBook.

Yamba
07-23-2006, 10:38 PM
:D "In fact, you should buy at least two copies, one for yourself, and one for the person you love best. In the event you fear jealousy on the part of your other friends, buy them copies, too."

There's an old saying, "No one hates a LightWave giver."

lol, nice pitch Chilton.

Yamba
mac since IIe and still sane, well almost.