PDA

View Full Version : A couple of bugs in 9

whodini
07-23-2006, 12:03 PM
I have a dual 837mhz G4 with 2gb ram and the latest version of OSX (10.4.7).

I have noticed that the hub does not automatically update as it did with 8.5. I know this is not a re-design but a conflict on my machine. I remember having this problem many moons ago with lightwave 6.5. That does little to comfort me though as I never found a fix.

Plus I can't save my renders. Either through output options (global) or manually from image viewer. None of the options are greyed out and everything seems ok as I can even name the file before saving... until you look for the file and realize that is has not been saved. This is a huge problem.

Could this be because I have both 8.5 and 9 on my system at the same time? I am tempted to delete 9 and continue with 8.5.

whodini
07-23-2006, 06:01 PM
Ok, after a day of trouble shooting the hub issue is solved. It was related to a PRAM conflict.

As for the saving problem that will take more work. It may be related to the use of HDR image based lighting. I am using a high res image from Dosch "Skies". Lightwave 9 is having trouble with it as I have used HDRIBL many times in 8.5 with no issues.

I will let you know if I figure it out.

Chilton
07-23-2006, 09:01 PM
Hi,

PRAM conflict? Can you send me ( [email protected] ) more info on this, or how you were able to fix it?

Thank you,
-Chilton