PDA

View Full Version : Scene editor slow to update

stib
07-23-2006, 09:36 AM
Is it just me or has scene editor in 9 got really slow. It seems to take forever to update (if at all) when I do things like load items from a scene. If I clone hierachies I get a weird double display, where everything in my scene is shown twice in the scene editor. It's not harmful, and closing and reopening SE usually works, or failing that deleting the instance and opening a new one.

It does seem to have gone backwards a bit, after being one of the much vaunted flagship features for LW8 IIRC.

PixelNations
07-23-2006, 02:29 PM
I havent noticed a speed drop in the scene editor. I assume you are loading an older scene that used an instance of the editor originally from 8? If so, have you tried going to the master plugins and simply removing the instance and starting a new one?

stib
07-23-2006, 06:02 PM
Nope, brand new LW9 scenes. It's a very reproduceable bug: start a new scene, open scene editor, choose load Items From Scene and Lo! no update, until you close and reopen the editor.

The double items thing doesn't seem to be as easy to reproduce, it popped up when I was working on a pretty complex scene.

Is there a sticky bug thread yet?

eben
07-24-2006, 01:12 AM
stib, i've got the sames problems ( no update and double entry ), i think i report them in the bug tracker.

stib
07-25-2006, 05:24 AM
It happens when you convert a hierachy of skelegons too, and when you replace an object with another object or object layer.

jackany
08-03-2006, 08:16 AM
Nope, brand new LW9 scenes. It's a very reproduceable bug: start a new scene, open scene editor, choose load Items From Scene and Lo! no update, until you close and reopen the editor.

Same for me!
If I am editing things in modeler, e.g. adding layers, then synchronizing and switching to layout, I have to close and reopen the scene editor.
Every time, that's very annoying! :thumbsdow

Another thing is, when I edit the display-status of objects (hidden, wireframe or texture-shaded), the view is not updating.
I have to move the time slider back and forth, so the scene is updating...

By the way, my system is an AMD XP2400, 2 Gig RAM, WinXP SP2, nVidia GeForce 6800 with ForceWare 91.31 WHQL

ColdLogic
01-24-2008, 01:03 PM
Thanks for the heads up on the "Master Plugins" option. I was curious how to kill my extra scene editor instances that were piling up!