PDA

View Full Version : LW 9 RC Attached to my account ?

Yiorgz
07-23-2006, 07:09 AM
Hi,

Logged in to newtek registration and in my account was a LW9 RC installer, curious me - thinks, "cool", so i download and install.

Anyway, turns out to be some kind of evaluation version. So I'm having a play with it trying some of the new stuff and I find out heaps of things are limited.

I tried to enable fog to render a shot, but the fog doesn't appear in the render, even though I can see it obscuring the object I want to hide in the GL view.

Just wondering if anyone can point me to some information about what exactly is limited, or any other information about evaluation of LW9.

I read somewhere that there was talk of a time limited version instead of all this feature crippling, is this on its way ?

stib
07-23-2006, 09:31 AM
RC just stands for "Release Candidate". Make sure you've registered it properly, if you've paid for an pgrade it's probably the full version, you just have to do the registration dance.

Yiorgz
07-23-2006, 05:20 PM
Thanks for the reply, I knew RC was release candidate, but usually before you do the final build, you label your project as an actual release (not just a candidate for release).

RC to me, implies some kind of beta stage, whereas if the archive was called LW-90.zip or .exe or whatever, it would be reasonably clear that it was the full version.

hehe, where I was going, was, if the fog thing I experienced was a bug, or just my lack of understanding of the new "realistic fog" setting.

The graph showed the fog density with a straight line, vs a curve for the non linear fog, so at the maximum distance, the fog would be 100% obscuring everything with a linear path to the minimum distance.

I thought, maybe the realistic fog might have been disabled for the discovery version (since I am only licensed for 8.5 at the moment).

Cheers,
Y