PDA

View Full Version : Hello, everyone! I'm new around these parts!

Pixel Pete
07-23-2006, 06:09 AM
Please be gentle...It's my first forum! Things about myself: I love videography and computer graphics, and I LOVE to learn more and more about this craft. I love to jog, weightlift--just sports in general...But people say I'm just a clown! :jester:

I have some experience in the field, BUT I HAVE SOOOO MUCH MORE TO LEARN. Speaking of which, Newtek has some pretty cool free textures here. How do I download those into Adobe Photoshop to take advantage of them? Will "right click and save to" automatically do what I desire in that program?

Please help...And to quote Steve Martin from "Wild And Crazy Guy", "I'm really happy to be here!"

Skinner3D
07-23-2006, 06:50 AM
:thumbsup: :D Welcome and welcome again. I think the textures on this site can be downloaded as a zip file. Put that into your content/texture folder so that you can find it later. After that though you can do all the photoshopping that you want.:D

ThriJ
07-23-2006, 10:42 AM
Hey Pixel Pete, welcome to the forum:thumbsup:

Get ready to do some digital mining!:D

Pixel Pete
07-23-2006, 01:32 PM
Sorry so late to reply back...Thanks! I really appreciate it. I think I did the wrong thing and simply saved the images to my Textures folder in Photoshop. Is there a site on how to download the textures as a zip file, and when I open them, is the texture folder where they go???

Pixel Pete
07-23-2006, 01:35 PM
Thank you! I've got my miner's hat and pick!

Exception
07-24-2006, 02:48 AM
Welcome!
Looking forward to your work.

BazC
07-24-2006, 04:08 AM
Welcome aboard, you've found a great community! :D

zardoz
07-24-2006, 05:19 AM
welcome!

about the textures it depends on how you are going to organize your projects directory for lightwave.

You can have one directory and then 3 major directories inside (images, objects, scenes) and save all your images in the images directory so that lightwave knows were your textures are all the time. Or you can create one group of directories like these for each project. But check the manual for this.