PDA

View Full Version : Streaming Problems

Jay Kelley
06-03-2003, 09:09 PM
I am TRYING to get to live streaming out of the toaster.

Using Windows Media Encoder 9

Any advice would be great as to a step by step on this..

But if you don't have time then just answer me this. In the sources section of the properties menu in the encoder, it asks for a video source and audio source. The toaster is listed for the audio source but NOT the video source. All is has is BLANK or SCREEN CAPTURE..

So what do I do??

HELP!

Thanks

Jay

RomainR
06-03-2003, 09:21 PM
Wish I could help you out onthe video part but I knows not what could be causing Toaster to not show up on the list.

But I do know that once you get the video part down you'll need to go to the preferences of the Toaster to and set the windows audio inputs to : mapped from toaster outputs. That is if you want the sound to stream as well.

I hope some of the streaming gurus will respond to your distress soon.

Jay Kelley
06-05-2003, 06:50 AM
I must admit I am surprised and dissappointed that no one jumped on here to help me out.. Perhaps this is a very uncommon problem. However, Shawn at tech support recreated what I did and had the exact same problem. He also found the solution (Bless him) Here it is:

If you install Media Encoder 9 AFTER you install Toaster software there is a good possibility that the encoder will not see Toaster as a video source. If that happens you will have no choice but to uninstall Toaster and Reinstall it. (Program only). That will fix it. I.E. Media Encoder must be installed BEFORE Toaster. (At least for us)

As an aside: It looks like I can broadcast from Netmeeting or any software that sees toaster as a video source.

Thats cool!

Jay