PDA

View Full Version : lightwave modeler tools

adboy
07-22-2006, 03:17 AM
am i missing something
under creation there seems to be no box or ball, the 2 most obvious and most used tool

u want a floor plane, or and obect that u can size in a tracked scene, its gonna be a box or ball

someone tell me i just missed them please and if not can i request them please

thanks

BazC
07-22-2006, 03:59 AM
Cube is under Platonic solids but bizarrely there is no default sphere though can create one using a formula. I agree it's odd!

evenflcw
07-22-2006, 09:45 AM
It's not so odd. The Modeler tools that are available now in Layout are of a generic/command sequence type or use their own interface entirely (Vertex Paint). In neither case do they work interactively within Layouts own interface. They just execute, open a panel or not, and shoot whatever they come up with into Layout. I'm not that familiar with LWs sdk or inner workings but I can think of a number of reason why this is - like the fact that there is yet no way to select points, edges and polygons in Layout OR that the openGL and viewport manipulation will have to be harmonized more between Modeler and Layout for modeler tools widgets to even show up and be clickable in Layout.

moc
07-23-2006, 06:52 AM
Is the Vertex Paint for layout working?
I can't find it!!!But I can see it at the edit plugin menu....

evenflcw
07-23-2006, 08:06 AM
I should think so. I'm not in a position to check for myself, but Proton did show it working in Layout in a feature video if I recall correctly.