PDA

View Full Version : Where to find 'Reduce Edges'?

SaT
07-22-2006, 03:04 AM
Hi all,

I have just reinstalled LightWave 3D 9 and I wonder where 'Reduce Edges' is gone. It is not under the option: Detail>Edges: Reduce Edges.
The only thing that is found there is 'Add Edges'. When I change the menu layout to 'Studio Production Style' under the tab 'Reduce' the field Edges is empty.
So where is that plugin. I made a completely fresh install.:(

ndvfx
08-23-2006, 11:06 PM
I just noticed the same missing Reduce Edges. I rescaned the plugin directory with no luck. Did you find it?

moremetall
08-24-2006, 12:00 AM
Hi The command you are looking (I hope)for is "Dissolve" if you cant find the tool , press alt F9 and under "modeler tools" you find the command. Hope this helps !

parm
08-24-2006, 01:15 AM
Reduce Edges is no longer there.

You might want to use James Willmot's Edge Tools. It's a free suite of edge manipulation plug ins.

I can't for the moment find the link on this site, but you can find them on Flay (http://www.flay.com/getentry.cfm). They're called JW_EdgePack

evenflcw
08-26-2006, 06:18 AM
I'd like to know why they removed dstorms remove and reduce edges. They have completely different workflow to the new commands that provide the same results. If they think they were consolidating, then I think they started in the wrong end...