PDA

View Full Version : HV in 9

dablan
07-21-2006, 11:47 PM
You kids checked out Hypervoxels 3 in LW 9?
I'm seeing some serious speed improvements!

Something like this would have taken a half a day to render one frame.
This is from a project in our new 3D Garage LightWave v9 video training.

zapper1998
07-22-2006, 01:24 AM
could you share the scene file, ??, please..

Michael

Tiger
07-22-2006, 04:25 AM
Thats looks great Dan!
But my economical improvements are zero right now :cry:

Could I have a 3D Garage LightWave v9 video training for free?
I have all the other great productions of yours-best on the market :)

/Thomas

laci
07-23-2006, 10:32 AM
Hello Dan and others!

This is cool, very cool. But it is not informative enough without the machine properties and scene info. I see the marketing, but... :o)
Could You share this infos?
Thanks a lot.

P.s.:
I am waiting for Your new LW9 book.

Bog
07-23-2006, 10:43 AM
Something like this would have taken a half a day to render one frame.

This statement would mean more to me if I knew the frame-time for it in 9...

nmh
07-23-2006, 11:07 AM
i was wondering if something was wrong with my comp..
HV what have i made some time ago (about ten minutes) rendered almost in no time.
nice :thumbsup:

Stooch
07-23-2006, 11:38 AM
lol yeah id like to see the render time, i mean a quarter of a day isnt much better then half IMO.

dablan
07-23-2006, 07:28 PM
Hey all -
sorry for the lack of info. It's "slightly" nuts right now. Note the sarcasm :devil:

The scene was done on a Quad G5 Mac with 4 Gigs of Ram. The frame at 648 x 480 took about about 7 minutes. So, full res, AA, and 300 plus frames, it's a long render, but very do-able. Not too long ago, a particle shot like this will full hypervoxels took a very long time to render. Not now! Good job NewTek!

Also, I can't post a scene file, as it's part of the course and not fair to those who've ordered. But, I can tell you how it's done - basically, a particle emitter is setup, general birth rate, velocity, etc. to taste. Then, using the new Path Wind feature, you can easily shape and position the particles to make the funnel. Turblent noise is added to the HV and helps create the billowing effects. The project is to teach particles along with HV, and Path Wind, not so much a tornado tutorial. Although, the results are pretty cool. It could use more 'messiness' in the clouds. It's too clean and soft looking right now.