PDA

View Full Version : Joint Statement from NewTek and Worley Labs

Chuck
07-21-2006, 04:36 PM
Both NewTek and Worley Labs understand the tremendous interest among users about the connection between LightWave v9's Node system and FPrime. Those of you in the community of LightWave/FPrime users are eager for full support between the two applications to grow, and we are very much aware of the urgency. A great deal of very careful development was required to accomplish the feature, SDK and architectural changes in v9 while insuring no break to the previous compatibility with FPrime and other Worley products, and, where needed, additional development will bring home the capabilities that the users are waiting for with regard to FPrime and the new features of v9.

With regard to the Node Editor, for the 9.0 cycle work was completed in the SDK such that Nodes can share much of their data with plugins and can supply information for non-interactive uses, and NewTek and Worley Labs conducted detailed discussions toward the design of the further enhancements to the Node communication system that will supply the intense demands of FPrime's interactive preview. Both NewTek and Worley Labs have been using careful wording in discussing this issue publicly because at this time a number of different technical solutions are being considered. NewTek's developers are fully aware of the importance to users and to third parties of this capability, and we regard the quality of the solution as paramount, so we are taking the time to come to the most appropriate design and implementation.

The relationship between NewTek and Worley Labs is strong, with daily communication. So, while there is currently no way to preview Nodes in FPrime, both teams are working hard to make it possible.

Jay Roth
President of 3D Division
NewTek, Inc.

Steve Worley
Worley Labs

GraphXs
07-21-2006, 04:40 PM
Wonderful News! :thumbsup:

Now everyone go play with the great new features in :lwicon: 9!

cagey5
07-21-2006, 05:15 PM
What?? You mean there's no conspiracy!!! But where will that leave the naysayers... Please retract this statement immediately and let people rant! ;)

pooby
07-21-2006, 05:16 PM
Jolly good

bobakabob
07-21-2006, 05:28 PM
You mean there's no conspiracy!!! But where will that leave the naysayers... Please retract this statement immediately and let people rant!

:D

Jolly good

:agree:

Anti-Distinctly
07-21-2006, 05:43 PM
Splendid. and good luck with the development :)

zapper1998
07-21-2006, 05:53 PM
Totally Awesome.........

krimpr
07-21-2006, 06:08 PM
I seriously applaud and appreciate the open communication in coming forward like this. Very classy. I hope that you are successsful with the integration, but what counts at this point is that you're trying. Best of luck with this!

KillMe
07-21-2006, 06:13 PM
thats a encouraging post - thats what should ahve been said the first time - would have saved alot of hassle and nasty attitude posts

RedBull
07-21-2006, 07:40 PM
Yeah, i think that message needed to be written before the initial release of Lightwave9 just to stop the disappointment. I just hope further developments relating to these matters are also kept clear, as this is certainly one way to stop the kind of hysterics that occurred as a result.

while there is currently no way to preview Nodes in FPrime, both teams are working hard to make it possible.

I do think that statement in particular was not well clarified initially, That one line is all i needed to hear before a LW release for me
to really make me feel a little happier.

It's a positive that NT have acknowledged this enhancement as somewhat of a priority and concern to Newtek, as it is to it's users. More so than that of the last few weeks...

Regardless, Jay, Jim and Chuck and Worley all took the time to clarify the situation better on multiple occassions largely due to the overwhelming response from there users, and i only commend them for doing so, and i'm glad that a definate concise wording and statement was made. I look forward to using Nodal, LW and FPrime together over the 9.x series.

Cesar Montero
07-21-2006, 08:21 PM
Excelent news!!!
Thanks for the notice Chuck!!!

MooseDog
07-21-2006, 09:27 PM
Regardless, Jay, Jim and Chuck and Worley all took the time to clarify the situation better on multiple occassions largely due to the overwhelming response from there users, and i only commend them for doing so, and i'm glad that a definate concise wording and statement was made. I look forward to using Nodal, LW and FPrime together over the 9.x series.

:agree:

as said above, very classy :thumbsup:

Matt
07-21-2006, 09:33 PM
That's better! ;)

Intuition
07-21-2006, 10:01 PM
Seriously, TOTAL F'N OWNAGE!!!!

Yes! !!! ! !!! ! !!! ! !!! ! !!!

Lightwave9/F-Prime combo is about to slap the face of the 3d world aristocracy again. :D

Way to go!

RedBull
07-21-2006, 10:37 PM
Something not all Fprime+LW users may be aware of and just because Nodal surfacing does not work currently with FPrime. Doesn't mean that LW9 or FPrime aren't friends already.

Here's a screengrab of a simple test scene with 2 bounce GI with the new realistic fog option, and NODAL displacements using a third party (Dponts) flow noise node on an Ngon subpatch object. All working with FPrime interactive viewport goodness. Yes i did say NODAL Fprime displacements. ;)

prospector
07-21-2006, 11:31 PM
Well we knew this from the first statement by Newtek.
So this is like the 4th?
And everyone is FINALLY happy?

WELL NOT ME!!
I like the between the lines readings.
I want more conspiracys.

Thanks :newtek: for FINALLY putting this to rest. :thumbsup:

:bangwall: :bangwall:

spigolo
07-21-2006, 11:38 PM
For people like us who have invested in Lw for profession and living it's a pleasure to see this change in the way of communicate with the user's base.
It makes us feel that someone cares for our needs and makes our will to invest in newtek products stronger than ever.. :)

jasond
07-21-2006, 11:44 PM
Now we know they're in it together...

Big appreciative thanks to these folks. That's just good stuff.

Auger
07-21-2006, 11:57 PM
Well we knew this from the first statement by Newtek.
So this is like the 4th?
And everyone is FINALLY happy?

WELL NOT ME!!
I like the between the lines readings.
I want more conspiracys.

Here you go Prospector...

How do we know that Worley even approved that statement? I want to see a signed document showing this.

:devil: :lwicon::lightwave

Cesar Montero
07-22-2006, 12:08 AM
Here you go Prospector...

How do we know that Worley even approved that statement? I want to see a signed document showing this.

:devil: :lwicon::lightwave

Then even took care about that :deal: :

http://worley.com/NodesAndNine.html

:lol:

Auger
07-22-2006, 12:15 AM
That settles it then! :thumbsup::agree:

ercaxus
07-22-2006, 12:21 AM
Then even took care about that :deal: :

http://worley.com/NodesAndNine.html

:lol:

That doesn't prove anything. No it does actually: They are together in the conspiracy! And all the world governments are infiltrated by aliens.:D

Avebeno
07-22-2006, 12:58 AM
Hmmm... Maybe it's a user conspiracy!

I certainly hope these gentlemen have more time to do their real work instead of having to be in daily communication just to deal with the wording of how to explain to us over and over again about what is happening.

Yasuto Muraki
07-22-2006, 01:10 AM
Cheers, I look forward to the result.

Panikos
07-22-2006, 01:19 AM
Thats pleasant to read. The benefits of publicity.

Newtek should keep the same strong relations with all 3rd party plugin developers, non stop, cause they are an ingredient to the effort of making a better product.

The mistake was Newteks which wrote before the OpenBeta that 3rd party rendering engines are not a priority.

Nemoid
07-22-2006, 02:15 AM
Great clarification statement. full nodal preview will come!:help:

about third party i think Nt has now a different behaviour, just because they hired alot of third party developers for Lw, not only put their plugs inside of Lw, but the creators have actually integrated them and they work on upddating/making em disposable through all the app.

Kuzey
07-22-2006, 02:19 AM
I got that impression the first time around...funny that!

But...you guys do know they have opened the door to other rumours with one line in that message :)

We need another post to clarify the last post and then a new one to clarify that one :neener: :lol:

Kuzey

JBT27
07-22-2006, 02:29 AM
That is good news (again!).......'good things come to those who wait', 'Rome wasn't built in a day', etc. etc.

There'll be some jaw-dropping when these things are finally resolved and released, both inside and outside the LW community.

Julian.

3DBob
07-22-2006, 03:16 AM
Respect, relief, anticipation.

Good fortune with the programming chaps. Here's to an elegant implementation.

3DBob

prospector
07-22-2006, 08:49 AM
Wait just 1 cottin pikin' minuit....
both statements are the same.......word for word.....

Out of a something trillion people on the planet, what are the chances that 2 people would come up with the exact same statement ?

That's like 2 people writing Beethovens 5th at the same time, and having exactly the same notes.

methinks there is something afoot

Lewis
07-22-2006, 08:57 AM
Yep, prospector I AGREE, something is fishy here :). C'mon NT/Worley give us something to speculate, some comspiracy theory, this is just too clear and Forums will be empty since there won't be more "opinions" from naysayers :). What now - do we now need to go model/render something in 9.0 instead refreshing forums for reading "new theories" :) :D :P. That can't be true, really it's too simple and too good, LW "community" need something more twisted/weird so that they can argue about it :) :D :P.

J/K

cheers

Bog
07-22-2006, 09:46 AM
That's possibly the most carefully written thing I've ever read barring an MSDN Eula!

I've got this lovely West Wing style image in my head of Jay and Steve in a pub with reams of paper, crossing words out, subsituting others...

"How about "Working with"?"
"No, you saw what they did last time we said that. Closely together?"
"Better, yeah. Working hard together?"
"Nailed it. Right... second sentence..."

Top job.

Emmanuel
07-22-2006, 09:53 AM
Dammit, I worked so hard to break the NT/Worley relationship, and now its even CLOSER. That's not fair !

JeffRutan
07-22-2006, 10:06 AM
All I want is really fluid OpenGL model manipulation with millions of sub-d polys in Modeler and Layout, very responsive preview while surfacing, and quick renders! All of this with full and consistent support of all surfacing and rendering options as well as all modeling tools. All of this on both PC and Mac in very close parity. Then of course Universal Binary for the Mac and 64 bit for both.
Maybe too much to ask, but I will buy as it is delivered from whoever delivers it! Hardware as well as software.
;-)
-Jeff

blondimage
07-22-2006, 10:28 AM
Thanks for the update! Looking forward to an exceptional bit of kit!

It gives me peace of mind.

"If you aint got got peace of mind what have you got?"

Ivan D. Young
07-22-2006, 11:02 AM
I'm glad that all parties have a plan and resolution insight and we can all go about our business, knowing an answer is coming. Hopefully in the future, such "gaffs" won't be norm but the exception in future releases of LW and 3rd party tools. Let's move forward and make some cool 3d.

prospector
07-22-2006, 01:16 PM
Could this be true???
I need some help verifying the truth and here are the steps I took so you can see if you get the same thing

1. Load the link to Worley site above.
2. make it full screen on LCD (I use 1280 X 1024, and not sure if it works at other resolutions or glass face monitors).
3. With screen set up, take a lighter and while lit, hold close to Worley statement. (this is well known on how to make codes show up with heat).
4. When I do it, I get this message from letters that are NOT blackened out.

NewTek Worley under tremendous interest about 9's system and FPrime you are eager and we are waiting for detailed enhancements that demand Both NewTek and Worley Labs using careful wording because at this time different developers are aware of users capability and implementation. there is no way to preview FPrime

Can someone verify that?

Now going to Staples to get some new LCD screens BRB :D :D

zareh
07-22-2006, 01:23 PM
that was a great joint statement! A big thank you to both parties. It shows both NewTek and Worley are aware of the need for Nodal support in FPrime and that they care what the users think and regard as a very high priority item. The Nodal approach in doing surfacing and displacements in LightWave 3D is a huge leap forward in LightWave's capabilities. It's not just a work flow enhacement. I for one am very glad both parties are pushing further on this front to enhance the SDK to support a very tight integration with Nodes for 3rd parties. I can only dream of the amazing plugins that are going to be talked about on Flay.com in the comming months and years because of this work by NewTek's engineering team and Worley labs.
:lightwave
Zareh

KevinL
07-23-2006, 12:31 AM
:lightwave histrionics don't

That's the internet:)

Have a good night:hey:
Sincerly,
Kevin

Plakkie
07-23-2006, 02:47 AM
A Grande Statement! I think just what everyone needed to hear, including me. With such good people at the helm, Lightwave and Worley will rocket to the future. The future looks very bright!

Big thanks. :lightwave

RedBull
07-23-2006, 03:23 AM
Okay so nobody was happy that Nodal Displacements already work with Fprime... So here's a conspiracy theory to keep you occupied.
I'm seeing RED! and i believe the remake of "The Omen" is a sign from above (hmmm... or below)

The full release version of LW9. (that's an upside down 6)
is build number 998...... And was released on the 13/07/06

Okay 998..... I bring your attention to the deliberate absence of build 999.(which is an upside down 666) Strangely so is LW9. So we add LW9's upside down 6, and make it Build 666..... :devil:

If we subtract 8 from 99 we get 91, which also could be considerd One Six.. If we add 9+9+8 we get 26 also could be taken as two sixes... That's 666!!
:devil:
Now the date: If we subtract 7 from 13 in the date we also recieve the number (insert spooky music) 6...... NOW if we add 13+07+06 we recieve
the number wait for it..... 26..... That's two sixes yet again, and again that's 666!!
:devil:
Now you can draw your own conclusions from this! But the answer will always be Lightwave = 666. Do you think that the new RED coloured box, icons and website are a coincedence??????

I think if build 999 was to of been released as a final on the 06/06/06, It's very likely possible i may of been impregnated with the next saviour/messiah or reincarnation of the the devil when attaching the dongle. But i'm pretty sure Fprime would of worked with everything!

So let's just be glad we got build 998! Or was that 666..... 8/

cresshead
07-23-2006, 03:35 AM
re: redbull's post...stop drinking 'redbull'!!
...too much caffine! [btw redbull's drinks are BANNED in france]

RedBull
07-23-2006, 03:46 AM
re: redbull's post...stop drinking 'redbull'!!
...too much caffine! [btw redbull's drinks are BANNED in france]

Hehehe it's the color of the devil! :)

Actually RedBulls have less than half the amount of caffiene as a regular cup of coffee..... Also as far as i'm concerned RedBull's should be sold as pharmacy medicine. It's totally improved my quality of life, as i suffer through severe back pain. And it's just as effective as all the medication i'm taking for the pain..... (no i'm not kidding) If it were up to me i would drink through RedBull through an IV fluids bag.... :)

Banned are you serious! Wow, if some people think i give NT a hard time over FPrime, You can't imagine how much of a problem the French president would find me if he were to argue for a No RedBull platform.

So the french are pro nuclear testing in the pacific, and Anti RedBull drinks in France... Yeah i'm thinking that too could be a sign for the next omen. :)

BeeVee
07-23-2006, 04:52 AM
Yeah, but we have other stuff now...

B

Stooch
07-23-2006, 05:10 AM
less statements, more joints.

Exception
07-24-2006, 01:21 AM
Nice statement, thanks...

For those once again burning the people that were asking questions about the whole deal... there wouldn't have been a statement like this if we hadn't.

Kuzey
07-24-2006, 04:00 AM
And the funniest thing about all this is we didn't need a statement in the first place, newtek did say from the very start that they were working with Steve :D

Maybe, more people should've joined the beta program, but I'm sure there were public statements on the issue as well :angel:

The second funny bit is Steve still hasn't made a post here :D

Kuzey

Exception
07-24-2006, 08:31 AM
And the funniest thing about all this is we didn't need a statement in the first place,

That is just your opinion. Obviously, there are people that do not share it.

Panikos
07-24-2006, 09:03 AM
We definitely needed a statement because :

Newtek said "We have everything ready"

Worley said "We still need ..."

Ivan D. Young
07-24-2006, 08:31 PM
Oh please save us steve worley, with your sasquatch tool that does not render sasquatch, but has been renamed into something else. Just Kidding! looking forward to the new tools. let's move on.

Anti-Distinctly
07-25-2006, 01:16 AM
Oh please save us steve worley, with your sasquatch tool that does not render sasquatch, but has been renamed into something else. Just Kidding! looking forward to the new tools. let's move on.

Regardless, it's still quite the useful tool I think :)

Kuzey
07-25-2006, 04:39 AM
That is just your opinion. Obviously, there are people that do not share it.

What, you mean the other ten people beside yourself :D

But seriously, the problem only began when Steve made a post using the wrong words and left it at that. It's not up to Newtek to publish Steve's tools and the fact it wasn't ready when v9 came out is just life, it's has always been said they have been working together...that should have been enough.

And like I said, Steve still hasn't actually made a post on the subject, we just got people from the start who can read minds flaming the issue.

And that's my opinion but you can decide if is true or not.

Kuzey

digital verve
07-25-2006, 04:50 AM
We definitely needed a statement because :

Newtek said "We have everything ready"

No they didn't. Where they say that?

<sarcasm> I am very frustrated with this joint announcement. Here I was, refreshing my browser every 1 second for the next 'Newtek are evil' comment, with popcorn in hand I might add, and now all that has stopped - mostly. :D

I guess it's back to watching the OC, Nieghbours, Coronation Street or Eastenders for me then. Huhhh. </sarcasm>

Panikos
07-25-2006, 06:45 AM
If there werent plugins or developers like Steve Worley or others, LW would have been only a flying logo generator.
Want a proof ?
Delete all freeware, commercial plugins and all plugins that Newtek bought from others and bundled them with LW.

Exception
07-25-2006, 07:01 AM
Sometimes I get the notion there are people on these forums that feel they are always 100% correct, that their opinion is the only true one, that LW can only be used in one way, their way, and that their business is the only viable business Lw should be used in.
Then there are those, who in addition to that, also feel the need to argue against people who ask questions, stating those questions are not important and that the people who ask those questions are stupid.
Then there's the third degree who, in addition to all above, feel that they need to stand in front of developers, that apparently cannot make up their own agenda or priorities, to shield them from those questions so they are not disturbed from their fragile and immensely concentration-demanding jobs, because if they even lose one second of work, that'd be disastrous, and the world will explode.

Then there are those who have a full time job with Lightwave and that depend on certain functions, features and anticipate with their businesses on changes in technology and the market. This is necessary to accomodate economic diversification, deepening, widening or entrenchment strategies, which any sane business has to deal with. In order to do so one needs to ask questions, and receive dependable information.

I see a difference of interest here. Which is healthy. Respect one another's position, you cannot peer through your screen to the other side. Mind your own business and make sure it runs the way you like, and so will we.

What, you mean the other ten people beside yourself

Yes. And the majority of those all happen to be architectural visualisers or otherwise depend on GI. Starting to see a pattern?

we just got people from the start who can read minds flaming the issue.

I have not flamed anyone. Don't try to escalate an issue into some name-calling debacle.

Nuff said.

frostywd
07-25-2006, 08:56 AM
I'm not nearly as experienced in the inner workings of Newtek or Worley as some of you are BUT .... I sent Worley and email about fPrime/LW9 and got a suitable response the next day. No fretting on my part.

Can reading the tea leaves or delving into the 'true' meaning of phrases gets us any where? It seems that some in the community feel that 'official statements' are crafted like a Swiss watch with just enough misdirection to get us all twisted. I think that Newtek, as a whole, has better things to do the wrenching their brains over how not to say what the perception is that they said .... or didn't say. Now I'm confused!

Worley will deliver or some other company will fill the void. It's a simple and unyielding fact. I'm far more worried about a universal build for the Mac so I can get my new Apple laptop. :rock:

--
Frosty

Beaker
07-25-2006, 10:39 AM
If there werent plugins or developers like Steve Worley or others, LW would have been only a flying logo generator.
Want a proof ?
Delete all freeware, commercial plugins and all plugins that Newtek bought from others and bundled them with LW.

LightWave was being used for more than flying logos long before Worley came along. Are plug-ins useful, sure. Is LightWave worthless without them? Not by a long shot.

And I take it you're unhappy that NewTek has provided plug-ins for free that you use to have to pay for? Do you only want LightWave to add functionality that's not available with paid plug-ins? Looks to me like the new group has done a lot more than integrate plug-ins. What was done in the past is a different story.

Kurtis
07-25-2006, 10:47 AM
Please keep this thread civil.

Not everyone needs FPrime to do their work, but it's important to those that do. Either accept that on both sides or move on. If you can't, the thread will be closed.

Wickster
07-25-2006, 12:45 PM
I don't use FPrime simply because I do most of my work in Modeler. But I think its great if the software manufacturer and it's plugin developer are in good terms. Nothing but good news can come off from this.

Panikos
07-25-2006, 02:31 PM
Ok then, I will shut up and try to be as constructive as possible, even though a black sheep carries its colour with it :D

mav3rick
07-25-2006, 02:49 PM
good one panikos.... :) its summer outside

Panikos
07-25-2006, 08:38 PM
Yeah :)

I spent several summers constructing in invisible ways.

Exception
07-26-2006, 02:23 AM
How about that, it's warmer here in the Netherlands than in greece...
Nuts!

Kuzey
07-26-2006, 02:30 AM
Sometimes I get the notion there are people on these forums that feel they are always 100% correct, that their opinion is the only true one, that LW can only be used in one way, their way, and that their business is the only viable business Lw should be used in.
Then there are those, who in addition to that, also feel the need to argue against people who ask questions, stating those questions are not important and that the people who ask those questions are stupid.
Then there's the third degree who, in addition to all above, feel that they need to stand in front of developers, that apparently cannot make up their own agenda or priorities, to shield them from those questions so they are not disturbed from their fragile and immensely concentration-demanding jobs, because if they even lose one second of work, that'd be disastrous, and the world will explode.

Then there are those who have a full time job with Lightwave and that depend on certain functions, features and anticipate with their businesses on changes in technology and the market. This is necessary to accomodate economic diversification, deepening, widening or entrenchment strategies, which any sane business has to deal with. In order to do so one needs to ask questions, and receive dependable information.

I see a difference of interest here. Which is healthy. Respect one another's position, you cannot peer through your screen to the other side. Mind your own business and make sure it runs the way you like, and so will we.

Yes. And the majority of those all happen to be architectural visualisers or otherwise depend on GI. Starting to see a pattern?

I have not flamed anyone. Don't try to escalate an issue into some name-calling debacle.

Nuff said.

I don't have any problems with people asking questions. I'm all for it, infact I would love to have Steve post here so I could ask a few friendly questions myself.

Nuff said.

See, the way you are seeing this is a reflection of the problem from the begining. I'm not name calling anyone, but if you wish to see it as that then that's not my problem. People have jumped in thinking that they know what Steve is thinking or meant by that post and therefore inflame the issue.

If people can read minds out there I would like to know the numbers to this weeks lotto...before they are drawn that is :D

People have taken what was written and completely changed it to suit their own view...ahhh look theres proof newtek is evil, stopping poor little Steve do his work. Funny as all that is, it's still inflaming the issue because we never got to read Steve's view in all this. The ball in this court, that court, what kind of statements are those but flaming the fire. The truth is they both a ball or two each and the way they play with them is up to them...I for one wouldn't touch another man's ball(s) :D

And here I'm thinking with all that fear about the end of Fprime I'm surprised a "Is it here yet" thread didn't pop up :gotpics:

Kuzey

Exception
07-26-2006, 02:53 AM
I don't have any problems with people asking questions....

... I'm not name calling anyone...

And here we go:

we just got people from the start who can read minds flaming the issue.

I call accusing people of flaming some serious name calling, not to say a bit disrespectful.
Please quote my flaming and where I have been pretending to read minds.

I'm sorry Kuzey, I know you're a swell guy, but I feel you're inappropriately cricitcising people who just asked questions, the answer to which you were less interested in, or perhaps, affect you less than it does us. And it does not help repeating the same thing over and over, saying that the people who are asking these questions should be quiet, or just wait. We heard you, but we're not feeling the same way. Pushing against it will infuriate some and that's what has happened (I am not saying you are the one that infuriates people, there's individuals who could do with even an ounce of your courtesy to improve tenfold).

Worley never posted on this forum, and he probably never will. The ones of us who are concerned with information from Steve have contacted him in different ways, and various people ghave rported back with responses from him. Therefore, our questions here pertain Newtek, and not Worley, since some of the notifications that made us ask these questions have been posted here, it is the suitable place to respond.

Really, my questions have been answered, and that does not mean I think this was handled correctly. There is a lesson in this, which involves openness and timely communication.

Back to 8.5, making my silly buildings.

Kuzey
07-26-2006, 03:48 AM
And here we go:

I call accusing people of flaming some serious name calling, not to say a bit disrespectful.
Please quote my flaming and where I have been pretending to read minds.

I'm sorry Kuzey, I know you're a swell guy, but I feel you're inappropriately cricitcising people who just asked questions, the answer to which you were less interested in, or perhaps, affect you less than it does us. And it does not help repeating the same thing over and over, saying that the people who are asking these questions should be quiet, or just wait. We heard you, but we're not feeling the same way. Pushing against it will infuriate some and that's what has happened (I am not saying you are the one that infuriates people, there's individuals who could do with even an ounce of your courtesy to improve tenfold).

Worley never posted on this forum, and he probably never will. The ones of us who are concerned with information from Steve have contacted him in different ways, and various people ghave rported back with responses from him. Therefore, our questions here pertain Newtek, and not Worley, since some of the notifications that made us ask these questions have been posted here, it is the suitable place to respond.

Really, my questions have been answered, and that does not mean I think this was handled correctly. There is a lesson in this, which involves openness and timely communication.

Back to 8.5, making my silly buildings.

Sorry Exception, but you should post the whole quote:

And like I said, Steve still hasn't actually made a post on the subject, we just got people from the start who can read minds flaming the issue.

For one thing, flaming should have been inflaming, that's a typo on my part but that doesn't matter.

And hearsay is just that hearsay, it's as good as if one could read minds :D

Those who have contacted Steve and replied to these threads have not quoted any statment they received from him, so how do we really know you have information from Steve himself and the statements you made reflect that??

See, that is why this whole problem occured because Steve didn't post here or elaborate his own post on his own site when he had the chance to do so.

Kuzey

Exception
07-26-2006, 04:39 AM
No Kuzey, that is not when it started. It started last year already.
And yes people have quoted Worley. I'm not going to find the posts for you, but there've been several. And what does that matter anyway?

Anyway, this doesn't seem to have an end, I'm out.

Kuzey
07-27-2006, 05:25 AM
If it started last year why has it blown up again, when I remember newtek saying at every chance they got, that they are working with Steve at every stage. And why is a joint statement more trustworthy, more reliable than newteks first post, which basically says the same thing.

Well, it matters because of a few things.

If there's an out cry on a product one produces, one should get involved and start making public posts a.s.p. The defference here is, Steve's started this latest out cry by a single post on his own site, he should have been here to answer questions, or better yet set things straight. It doesn't reflect kindly on the person when he fails to find the time to do so and what are potential customers to think, all this talk and no sign of the man in the middle of it??

There is a lesson in this, which involves openness and timely communication.

You are right on that but you can't say the same thing when it comes to Steve....it seems there is no openness and no communication what's so ever.

What are we supposed to think when there is no public communication from Steve?

As a side note, conspiracy theories can go both ways:

Steve wanted this to happen because he's selling Fprime to Newtek and wanted a higher price.

Steve, heard about newteks plans to make their own render engine do what Fprime does but better and wanted it to be stopped or delayed until he got out a next version.

Probably not true, but there's a line in the joint statement that could mean those things have been or being looked at :D

Kuzey

Panikos
07-27-2006, 05:42 AM
Kuzzey, you are so funny.

BTW, my posts had been always short.
Dont you have anything else to do ?

Exception
07-27-2006, 06:15 AM
Kuzey, you criticise us for asking questions. That's just not the thing to do, sorry, no matter what story you attach to it.
Live and let live.

Kuzey
07-27-2006, 06:27 AM
Thanks Panikos,

I always try to be funny and yes I have a ton of things I should be doing right now, both in LW and in the real world :D

Kuzey, you criticise us for asking questions. That's just not the thing to do, sorry, no matter what story you attach to it.
Live and let live.

Not right. Like I said before, I like questions but these have been answered a million times by Newtek eg. they are working with Steve and talking with him everyday etc.

And why can't I have a little fun along the way?

Infact, I would love to know exactly when Steve got involved in the LW9 developement process?

Kuzey

Exception
07-27-2006, 07:15 AM
And why can't I have a little fun along the way?

Sure...
:beerchug:

Infact, I would love to know exactly when Steve got involved in the LW9 developement process?

Yah, me too.

Jay Kelley
09-17-2006, 12:23 PM
Glad to hear it!

lwaddict
09-19-2006, 11:00 AM
Ok...
just let there be discounts on Sas today.

I hate not having better options...
but need two licenses of this and with a discount,
it's a gimme.

Yeah, GIMME TWO!

Wondering when Worley gets up on Tuesdays?