PDA

View Full Version : Going to WWDC? SIGGRAPH?

Chilton
07-21-2006, 07:25 AM
Hi,

Anyone going to WWDC this year? What about SIGGRAPH?

-Chilton

Chilton
07-25-2006, 11:04 AM
Gotta bump this. If anyone is going to WWDC this year, or if you're in the San Jose area, speak up!

Scazzino
07-25-2006, 12:22 PM
I'll be going to Siggraph in Boston for Tuesday anyway and then I'll be at the LW9 Launch Party at the Aquarium... looking forward to it!

Chilton
08-01-2006, 10:17 AM
I'll be going to Siggraph in Boston for Tuesday anyway and then I'll be at the LW9 Launch Party at the Aquarium... looking forward to it!

Hi,

As you might have noticed, the Universal Binary is on display there. Just don't get too close to the demo machine--the tidal forces emanating from the demo might knock you over.

-Chilton

Scazzino
08-02-2006, 01:21 PM
I got a chance to talk to Deuce about it at the show! It's a great milestone for us Mac folks! :thumbsup:

Chilton
08-05-2006, 04:43 PM
I got a chance to talk to Deuce about it at the show! It's a great milestone for us Mac folks! :thumbsup:

Hi,

Did you see it in action? It's pretty cool. It looks just like the old one, but it's fast as eh... something very fast.

I'm headed off to WWDC on Monday morning. If anyone is in the area, and would like to hook up, let me know!

-Chilton

Darth Mole
08-06-2006, 03:17 PM
Hi Chilton - could you give us any clue as to the kind of general speed up you get on the PPC build just from recompiling using Xcode? As a new(ish) Quad owner, the multicore MacIntels are going to have to wait for a while...

Chilton
08-06-2006, 06:50 PM
Hi,

Unfortunately, it's not as simple as recompiling, to make things work in XCode. Sure, Apple would like people to believe that's how it works, but it's never worked like that on any of the apps I've converted before now. It certainly didn't happen on this one. So right now, they're neck in neck. But we're far from being done with this release.

Now that we're in XCode, there's considerably less distance between us and a variety of cool new Apple technologies than there was before. The next release will be faster across the board. Your investment is safe. I'll post benchmarks soon, but probably not until I get back from WWDC.

-Chilton

Darth Mole
08-07-2006, 03:23 AM
Cool - much appreciated!