PDA

View Full Version : Weird Render Line with Skytracer?

silverline
07-20-2006, 09:12 PM
Hey Everybody,

Has anyone got a weird line across the middle of the screen when rendering with Skytracer like my little pic here?
I made sure render segments was 1, still there. Also I noticed that when I take AA down to low it goes away and comes back at medium. I tried a bunch of other crap from the Inside Lightwave manual which I can't remember right now.

Anybody seen this? Sorry if someone posted about this before, the search function wasn't working a second ago. Thanks!

Dave (Silver)

Dave Jerrard
07-21-2006, 06:48 PM
Multithreaded turned off?

Also, which version of LightWave did this occur in? I've seen mysterious lines like this show up with very specific AA levels (PLD2 or 4), but those were in textures on geometry, which has since been fixed (at least I haven't seen it happen lately).

He Who Wishes You Could Fly Through Skytracer Clouds.

silverline
07-21-2006, 07:24 PM
this is in lightwave 7.5c, excuse my ignorance, what is PLD2 or 4? Are we talking about the same AA - I'm referring to anti-aliasing- Thanks

ercaxus
07-21-2006, 07:39 PM
Those are new AA settings that are in LW 8+

silverline
07-22-2006, 12:15 AM
oh- thanx , i kinda figured it might be that. - Jerrard, yeah multi-threading is off, or set at 1 anyway, I figured that was the same thing.

- hey, also I noticed that its not just happening where there is skytracer in the pic, its happening most all over the place- its seems to pop up no matter what is in the picture.

-man , the last 10yrds are always the hardest. I'm about a couple days rendering away from a project two years in the works :D

Thanks guys

silverline
07-22-2006, 01:34 PM
found it !

Spent a couple hours taking crap outta the scene to narrow it down. Turns out if your sun streaks are 5+ ( at least in this scene )then it creates the streak. 4 streaks no problem. Who would of thought?