PDA

View Full Version : I want to change the LWO and LWS icons. ..How?

Intuition
07-20-2006, 12:46 PM
Currently I know how to change the Start up Icons for Modeler and Layout.

I just push the "Change Icon" button on the shortcut properties and viola. Now they are Red and Blue/purple to my taste.

But the *.Lwo and *.Lws icons do not have that button available when I press the properties tab.

I want them to match the program icons so I know what to look for when I look in a folder. Currently they are little shapes that are confusing. All of my program file icons match the start up icon so I can easily tell what goes where. IN the picture I attached I want the icons that are made of little 3d shapes (ball, cone, box) to look like the little modeler icon taht the black arrow is pointing to. Pretty much want the lwos to look like the modeler icon on top of the pic and the lws to look like the layout icon.

Any suggestions? I have a photoshop Icon saver so I can make them myself. The trouble is figuring out how windows decides what the icon graphics are for the files.

Thanks in advance for any help.

MooseDog
07-20-2006, 02:00 PM
VirginPi LW3D Icon Config (http://virginpi.net/files.aspx)

:thumbsup:

Miles
07-20-2006, 04:27 PM
Currently I know how to change the Start up Icons for Modeler and Layout.

I just push the "Change Icon" button on the shortcut properties and viola. Now they are Red and Blue/purple to my taste.

But the *.Lwo and *.Lws icons do not have that button available when I press the properties tab.

I want them to match the program icons so I know what to look for when I look in a folder. Currently they are little shapes that are confusing. All of my program file icons match the start up icon so I can easily tell what goes where. IN the picture I attached I want the icons that are made of little 3d shapes (ball, cone, box) to look like the little modeler icon taht the black arrow is pointing to. Pretty much want the lwos to look like the modeler icon on top of the pic and the lws to look like the layout icon.

Any suggestions? I have a photoshop Icon saver so I can make them myself. The trouble is figuring out how windows decides what the icon graphics are for the files.

Thanks in advance for any help.
In XP open > [My Computer]

> Select the [Tools] pull down menu and Open [Folder Options],

> Select the [File Types] (tab),

> Scroll down to the LWO and LWS file types,

> Select one and on the bottom half of the window you'll find "Details for 'LWO' (or 'LWS') extension" where you then select the [Advanced] button and "Edit File Type" window opens,

> Select [Change Icon...],

> Select the new LW9 icon and "OK"/"Close" previous windows...

:boogiedow :boogiedow :boogiedow :boogiedow :boogiedow :boogiedow :boogiedow :boogiedow :boogiedow :boogiedow

mattclary
07-20-2006, 06:19 PM
Good work, James! :thumbsup:

Intuition
07-21-2006, 10:30 PM
Thanks. Its perfect now. :D