PDA

View Full Version : SERIOUS LW Bug/Error/PROBLEM (Requires advanced object data/UV knowledge please help)

Pangloss
06-03-2003, 03:49 PM
I am at my wits end. I do not have the time to play gum shoe (especially on this project) and figure out what is wrong with LW!

OK. I have an object (hereafter: "Object"). I set UVs and textured it. Loading it into Layout, and rendered tests, all in all, it took me about a week and a half of hard work to texture. I have about 45 animated scenes with a low res untextured version of the Object (hereafter: "LowRes").

Here is the problem. *ANY* scene file created with the Object therein; crashes on load; after loading objects, during "loading settings". The Object RENDERS FINE in layout, loads fine into layout, appears fine in layout and modeler, but if saved in a scene file, the scene file crashes LW on load as described above.

I can open layout, load the object, set up lights, render; everythings fine, save the scene, clear the scene, then load again, OR close and re-open layout and load the scene, and it crashes on load.

I *DO NOT* have the time to waste trying to figure out what the erroneous data in the LWS file is.

Can anyone from NEWTEK tell me why an object would crash LW on scene load related to its UV maps, but load fine by itself and render perfectly?

I am at a complete loss...

Scratching my head,

Christopher Evans

PS- I am using 7.5 and no weird plug-ins or 3rd party programs.

toby
06-03-2003, 06:05 PM
I think I ran into that once, try creating a new scene, then "Load items from Scene" from the scene you want, load in your Object, see if you can reload that without crashing

Pangloss
06-03-2003, 07:15 PM
Nope, I tried that, it STILL CRASHES!! I have gotten a version that I can save by itself in a scene. But when I replace the low res with that one, it crashes next time i load the saved scene.

If you replace an object with a new one that has UVs and more morph targets, can that make it crash at load?

Castius
06-04-2003, 08:46 AM
I tried everything i could not make any object with morphs and uv to crash layout on loading of scene. I found some shaders with issues though. If you can get a section of your object to not load i'd be happy to look at it to find something wrong or the whole object. that is up to you if you want to do that. Good luck

Elmar Moelzer
06-04-2003, 09:34 AM
Ok check for these:
1. Too many ungrouped morphmaps (I ahd stability- issues with these before, renaming them so they fit into a group helped)
2. Try copying the geometry into a new object in Modeler and see if the problem persists.
Hope that helps
CU
Elmar

Pangloss
06-04-2003, 04:00 PM
I figured it out. It took any one of a few things, or maybe all of them. Copying the geometry to a new layer, and turning OFF/Removing morph mixer from the scene with the low resolution object before replacement.

CE