PDA

View Full Version : Looking for guidance

Alkaline
07-19-2006, 10:24 PM
Hello there fellow wavers.

I started learning Lightwave a few years ago, but didn't quite learn how to properly model(as far as polyflow goes). So I was wondering if anyone here would be willing to guide me along as I model. I'm not looking for a free tutorial or anything like that, just someone that will point out, in pics that I show them, where I am going wrong, and how to fix it. This will be done on a head model only, so nothing too complex. If anyone is willing to help me out in that manner I would greatly appreciate it, I've been trying to get down the whole "polyflow" thing for a while now(close to a year) and it seems that the only thing I can get right is the mouth and eye areas(though I'm not too sure about my eye areas). If you are willing to help me out, please email me(I don't check these boards that often) at [email protected]

Maxx
07-20-2006, 06:38 AM
I would say go ahead and post WIP images in the WIP forum - you'll more than likely get more than just one person trying to help out and answering questions. Good luck on it and can't wait to see the progress!

Alkaline
07-20-2006, 07:05 PM
Thanks for the reply Maxx, I think that's what I'll do. It sounds like a more sound plan anyway. :)

Bog
07-21-2006, 04:44 AM
Yup. Plenty of knowledgeable and nice folks 'round here who'll lend a hand.

Makes more sense to post WIPs up and get feedback on a version-by-version basis, anyway - that way you can refine your process rather than trying to reverse-engineer a whole model.

Bingo Jackson
07-21-2006, 05:00 AM
Hello there fellow wavers.

I started learning Lightwave a few years ago, but didn't quite learn how to properly model(as far as polyflow goes). So I was wondering if anyone here would be willing to guide me along as I model. I'm not looking for a free tutorial or anything like that, just someone that will point out, in pics that I show them, where I am going wrong, and how to fix it. [/email].

I'd also highly recommend posting w.i.p.s over at Glen Southerns site, subdivisionmodeling.com for tips and critiques of general modeling concepts like topo/polyflow...theyre *really* into that over there. They actually tend to focus on what youre looking to improve, and there are plenty of LW users there too, for more application specific advice.

http://www.subdivisionmodeling.com/forums/