PDA

View Full Version : Multiple keys per frame!

Castius
06-03-2003, 03:39 PM
http://www.steelronin.com/temp/multikey.jpg

Don't know how long this has been around but Da_Duke pointed it out to me. It's a pretty powerful feature that allows you to have extra keys on a frame to control the shape of the curve in/out and position.

Just turn off "Allow key pass-through" in the graph editor and ctrl drag left mouse button up to 4 keys onto a frame.
Have fun.
Thanks Da_Duke

electroNIX
06-03-2003, 04:32 PM
can someone please tell me some "reallife" usage for that?

I dont really get the concept behind this... maybe i should do more animation??... :rolleyes:

riki
06-06-2003, 07:30 AM
'Allow key pass-through' is turned off by default.

meshmaster
06-06-2003, 08:15 AM
There's been lots of posts lately about bullet time, this seems like one plausable way of getting that type of effect...

riki
06-06-2003, 08:28 AM
Bullet time looks like such a cliché, it really makes me want to cringe when I see it in another pix. It's the same as that 'Crouching Tiger' jump kick which is popping up all over the place. What was the name of that 3D pix with the green monster?? Damn slipped my mind :-)

Castius
06-06-2003, 09:09 AM
One use for this could be to animate a single camera with multiple shots. or simply to control a curve without converting to a spline key.

meshmaster
06-06-2003, 10:29 AM
I wonder, if that's possible, is it possible to go backwards, so your green line would like a horseshoe laying on its side. That would make it easier to get some type of effects than it would be to copy keyframes...

jb_gfx
06-06-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by riki
Bullet time looks like such a cliché, it really makes me want to cringe when I see it in another pix. It's the same as that 'Crouching Tiger' jump kick which is popping up all over the place. What was the name of that 3D pix with the green monster?? Damn slipped my mind :-)

Amen!

Castius
06-06-2003, 12:02 PM
meshmaster a curve can't go past a keys to make the shape you are thinking.