PDA

View Full Version : transparency issue

Beau_M
07-19-2006, 01:58 PM
When rendering a frame or scene, every object becomes slightly transparent for some unknown reason. No object has any transparency, and I can't work out what is causing it. Any help would be great. I'm new to this, so if more info is needed, let me know.

Silkrooster
07-19-2006, 09:35 PM
Could you post a screen shot? Also are you working in discovery mode?
Silk

Beau_M
07-20-2006, 12:08 AM
I'm I'm using the full version of lightwave 8.5. Now it seems that only certain models are doing it... This is driving me nuts!

link to screenshot (http://members.iinet.com.au/~greystroke/junk/transparency_issue.jpg)

I've just noticed that changing the camera angle changes which objects become transparent. Also, everything seems to be fine when I turn digital confusion off.

Beau_M
07-20-2006, 12:36 AM
Ok, I've fixed it! It seems that digital confusion was to blame. I turned off render hidden geometry, and everything is fine once again.

jameswillmott
07-20-2006, 12:40 AM
Try stripping the surfaces so there are no textures, no shader etc, and see if it still does it.

Dave Jerrard
07-20-2006, 12:33 PM
I've run into this one myself a while back. It's a weird one since it doesn't always seem to happen. Different f-stops will affect the transparency of the object. With any luck, NewTek's on it. :)

He Who Remembers This One Very Well Because It's So Strange.

tischbein3
07-20-2006, 01:22 PM
Seems strange....never happened here
additive transparency is off ?

EDIT: Seems you've solved it yourself