PDA

View Full Version : Temporary Liscense key

guardonduty
07-18-2006, 06:21 PM
Why won't my previous Liscense key work. I downloaded the new LW9 32 bit version, uninstalled 8. Do we still edit the liscense.key file. Help. I paid for the product and can't use it fully. I re-registered and was told a new key would be emailed to me. No such luck.

mkiii
07-19-2006, 02:54 AM
I would leave 8.x installed if I were you. At least until 9.0 is working 100%

Did you go through the registration progress at http://register.newtek.com?

If you did, then your license keys can be found there under the "My Products" tab, though they should also be emailed to you.

guardonduty
07-19-2006, 08:01 AM
Here is the Error I get when I put my Liscense Key in. I cut and pasted the code then typed it in to make sure. Will try to contact support today.

Kurtis
07-19-2006, 08:10 AM
Did you get a new permanent license key for LightWave v9? It is different from the permanent license key for LightWave [8].

If so, did you enter the dashes when you entered the permanent license key?

Cougar12dk
07-19-2006, 08:31 AM
I have the same problem. Have had it since the RC series. I am getting the run-around from DVC ltd, 'cos they say it should work. But as long as it doesn't......well........I'm PISSED.

And another thing is, I bought LW8 with a free upgrade to LW9 WITH discs...........Now I only get a download........WTF is THAT?!?!?! I paid 795$ for the COMPLETE package. Their excuse is: *Whiny voice on* Well NT is not distributing the CD version tanyways for the package you ordered, and we can't be to blame....*Whiny voice off*

THAT is BULL****! GIVE ME THE COMPLETE PACKAGE! I don't give a rats *** what excuse you have. I paid for the boxed version I WANT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOD F*****G ****IT!!!!!!!!!!

Kurtis
07-19-2006, 08:50 AM
I have the same problem. Have had it since the RC series. I am getting the run-around from DVC ltd, 'cos they say it should work. But as long as it doesn't......well........I'm PISSED.

And another thing is, I bought LW8 with a free upgrade to LW9 WITH discs...........Now I only get a download........WTF is THAT?!?!?! I paid 795$ for the COMPLETE package. Their excuse is: *Whiny voice on* Well NT is not distributing the CD version tanyways for the package you ordered, and we can't be to blame....*Whiny voice off*

THAT is BULL****! GIVE ME THE COMPLETE PACKAGE! I don't give a rats *** what excuse you have. I paid for the boxed version I WANT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOD F*****G ****IT!!!!!!!!!!

A reseller cannot help you with your license key. You need to talk to NewTek Europe Customer Service.

You did not pay for the boxed version of LightWave v9. You paid for the boxed version of LightWave [8] with a free upgrade to LightWave v9. Can you tell me who told you the free upgrade to LightWave v9 would be delivered on disks? If so, I will be happy to look into it for you.

Cougar12dk
07-19-2006, 11:09 AM
Kurtis....... I'm sorry about the above reply. I was extremely pissed at the time and apparently only saw what I wanted to see..........so *hrm* I apologise.

Anyways........is it possible to receive the CD/DVD images, so I can burn the discs myself? Or is that bordering some sort of pirating law?

If it IS possible, could I have the covers-image for the discs as well? So I can print out the disc-covers and put them on the discs?

Thanks,
Steen

Kurtis
07-19-2006, 11:55 AM
No problem.

I don't see images being posted as a possibility. There are just too many issues there, not all of which are security. I'll ask though.

jdsax
07-26-2006, 06:56 PM
So, how long does it take to get the new license key? I've registered my upgrade and I'm waiting. Impatiently, I admit because I want to try this in full mode.:hey: :hey: :hey:

Nevermind, I found the new key on the site (after clicking on the banner that takes you to the downloads). I seem to remember that when I downloaded it, there was a statement that the Win32 version would use the same key as 8.5 but that the Win64 would require a new key. Either I misremembered/misunderstood or that was incorrect information that has since been corrected. Either way, I've got it going.