PDA

View Full Version : IKBOOSTER... wtf?

mjcrawford
07-18-2006, 12:17 PM
ok, maybe I am smoking crack or something, but now that I have 9 installed, I cannot find IKBOOSTER in the modify panel.. so where is it? or does it have a new name or something? I need it for a anamation I am working on, and I would hate to have to re-install 8 just for that tool.

Celshader
07-18-2006, 12:21 PM
ok, maybe I am smoking crack or something, but now that I have 9 installed, I cannot find IKBOOSTER in the modify panel.. so where is it? or does it have a new name or something? I need it for a anamation I am working on, and I would hate to have to re-install 8 just for that tool.

First, make sure all of your plug-ins are scanned in the Edit Plug-ins panel. Then type CTRL-B to activate the IKB interface, and right-click on the pivot point of the hierarchy that you want IKB applied to.

Or, open up the Object Properties panel for the object at the root of the hierarchy, and apply IKB from the Custom Object drop-down list.

Last I heard, IKB's still in LW9. :)

mjcrawford
07-18-2006, 12:33 PM
thanks Celshader! it works, but being a relitive newbie, I do not know the keyboard shortcuts, and was looking in the menu.. and for some reason it is not where it used to be.. go figure!

RudySchneider
07-18-2006, 01:45 PM
BTW, mjcrawford, this may be of interest:

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53989

paulhart
07-18-2006, 02:22 PM
Rudy Schneider, Thanks for the "headsup" on the QuickKeys Chart, good to see Newtek attempting to incorporate it into the release.
Now the question.. Once the IKB is "turned on" how do you turn it off if I decide it isn't working for me on the model I am rigging. I watched Larry Schultz perform "magic" with it and I still believe I will use it, but I activated it on a model I was working on and then couldn't back out???
Paul

LightFreeze
07-18-2006, 02:25 PM
If you go to the object properties of the model, IKBoost is under the geometry tab where you can remove or disable it

paulhart
07-18-2006, 03:41 PM
Lightfreeze, Thank you... I realize that I had seen it there but did not make the connection... Duh. I have also posted a two page scaled up version of the QuickKeyReference Card for those who don't have Illustrator, on the other thread.
Paul