PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one still waiting for LW9?

Apriori
07-18-2006, 06:35 AM
I got LW8 over six months ago on one of those Free upgrade to LW9 and Free Vue infinate deals. I have been happily learning to do things in lightwave since. As I am a hobbyist, I don't have as much time as I would like to use it and didn't participate in the LW9 beta trials.

Now LW9 is out, I've been expecting my upgrade to arrive, but so far, nothing.

Is anybody else still waiting?

Will I get my upgrade direct from IT (Europe in my case) or does it come from the retailers I got my original version from?

Kurtis
07-18-2006, 06:52 AM
If you purchased LightWave [8] with a free upgrade to LightWave v9, you access your free upgrade by download.

This should help explain how to access the download:
http://newtek-europe.com/pdf/NewRegistrationInstructions.pdf

Apriori
07-18-2006, 07:56 AM
I had come to that conclusion.

Thanks for the quick answer.

Paulifra
07-18-2006, 10:09 AM
kurtis, where do i find the serial for lw9 free upgrade, i can download lw9 but never received a serial, except a beta serial and that's now not accepted in the registration process, it tells me invalid beta number

iainbyoung
07-18-2006, 10:15 AM
I bought the upgrade to v9 with vue (I already had v8), and have downloaded the program from Newtek.com. The only reason I knew to download it was because I happened to be browsing these forums and saw it mentioned. I've had no communication from Newtek Europe at all to let me know that the download was available, or even to mention that lw9 has been released. If I hadn't happened to have a bit of spare time for web browsing, I still wouldn't have it now, (I still have no idea whether I'm going to get a cd through the post or not).

I know the've got my email address, and registration details (from when I ordered the upgrade), so I must say I'm a little unimpressed about the lack of information...

Apriori
07-19-2006, 01:38 AM
... so I must say I'm a little unimpressed about the lack of information...

I too think that NT could have done a little better. I was expecting at least an e-mail explaining the upgrade proceedure and, like you, only found out that LW 9 was out when browsing this forum.

Is it just NT Europe, or was everybody expected to keep an eye on this forum?

EmperorPete
07-21-2006, 06:25 AM
I bought a full upgrade to 9 (I already had 8), and I was supposed to get the CDs and such delivered. How should I go about following this up?

davedunn
07-21-2006, 06:30 AM
I spoke to NewTek yesterday and they explained that anyone who actually purchased the upgrade (not the "free" upgrade) would be receiving an e-mail telling them when to expect delivery of the CDs (and manuals if you bought them). The timeframe appears to be about two weeks. In the meantime, you might want to download the online version and make do until the CDs arrive.

Kurtis
07-21-2006, 06:41 AM
I bought a full upgrade to 9 (I already had 8), and I was supposed to get the CDs and such delivered. How should I go about following this up?

If you'd like to be proactive about it, please check your product registration accounts with both us and NewTek Europe, to make sure that your shipping address, phone number and email address are all up to date. That will help when the shipping process begins.

omeone
07-21-2006, 09:32 AM
mmm... me too.. I would have thought the release of 9 would merit a line or two in the newsfeed... :confused:

EmperorPete
07-22-2006, 02:53 AM
If you'd like to be proactive about it, please check your product registration accounts with both us and NewTek Europe, to make sure that your shipping address, phone number and email address are all up to date. That will help when the shipping process begins.
Already done, Kurtis. I just wanted to check if my copy would come from NT, or the company I bought the upgrade from.

Kurtis
07-22-2006, 03:14 AM
Not sure for the UK. NewTek Europe should be able to tell you.

Jackal5
07-22-2006, 05:36 AM
Well at least I'm not the only one that was wondering about this. I'm in the US, where would my upgrade come from?

Jackal5
07-22-2006, 05:51 AM
Never mind. I found it all when I logged into the Newtek site.