PDA

View Full Version : I just tried premiere pro 1.5

Lee U
07-17-2006, 07:35 PM
Opportunity knocked and I answered; just had to try it on my #2 machine.
OMG! What was I thinking?

Bog
07-17-2006, 07:38 PM
You'll feel better once you've upgraded to SpeedEdit.

Just breathe. Breathe. Breeeathe... it'll all be better soon.

sonofmickel
07-17-2006, 09:14 PM
You've got to be kidding? Right? PremPro is one of the fastest editors that I have used. I have used Vegas, FCP Pro, Ulead(yikes). I even consider it better than FCP HD! Try FCP if you want klunky! I have no idea why FCP rates so high, it is a very slap it together program. Just try the slip and slide with PremPro; open an entire timeline in After Effects 6.5. I have and use both and PremPro is definately better for many aspects. FCP does rate higher on media management though. Both have their problems. There are far better solutions for PremPro for HD. Maybe get the Total Training for PremPro, that would probably help. I really do want to take a look at Speed Edit though. Now that Macs are 100% peecee, maybe FCP will get some horsepower. Thats what I think- your milage may vary.

Exception
07-18-2006, 01:09 AM
I have never
ever
worked with a program that is as unpredictable
badly coded
illogically conceived
and still so expensive
as premiere pro.

Try a multiply key on a moved clip.

I'm happy you're happy with it though...
I just hope you don't have anything remotely complex to do.

Bog
07-18-2006, 02:56 AM
Final Cut Pro always struck me as being a bit overdesigned. Too many frills and twiddles, not enough actual "I have to edit this footage now" task-focus.

I completely mis-read your post, btw - I thought the "what was I thinking" was along the lines of Socrates saying "I drank what?"

Exception
07-18-2006, 03:11 AM
I completely mis-read your post, btw - I thought the "what was I thinking" was along the lines of Socrates saying "I drank what?"

No, no... I actually think he did mean that...
I mean...

You can't be serious that he actually thought...
that it..
was...

goo..d?

tyrot
07-18-2006, 10:26 AM
dear exception

i use premiere since 4.2. I made TV shows with it, i edited almost, my life with it. It was solid. I backed it up with Component in-out cards for Betacam in early days, then the glory of DV and now abit time to time HD. Lots of other stuff.

The thing is Premiere is not something you should get it alone..With After Effects + Encore + Photoshop you have lots of power there. ANd 2.0 is so good. I loved it. Of course i will check speededit too.

By the way i used from Avid to Discreet Smoke...Almost every freaky editor in the world. I still love my Premiere.

And exception it didnt crash on me...yet... I m not kidding. But I dont push Premiere's effect panel...And i hate anything else than dissolve and cut. I m an old school editor...But i bury my life within frames.

BEST

iainbyoung
07-18-2006, 10:38 AM
I use premiere pro 2.0, do a fair bit of editing / cut & pasting / effects etc, and have never had a problem with it. The way it works and the way it's organized seems perfectly logical to me as well. I guess it just boils down to what you are used to :)

Rich
07-18-2006, 12:54 PM
I have premiere pro at home and am stuck with premiere 6 at work because they refuse to upgrade to Windows XP. I have found the workflow in ppro is much faster. For instance when I drop an image on the timeline that has an alpha channel in ver 6 I have to go and tell premiere to use the alpha channel. In ppro it automatically uses the alpha. Just doing that one little thing saves me lots of time when I have multiple images with an alpha.

Martin Adams
07-18-2006, 01:02 PM
I've been playing with Premiere Pro 2 and have two project I'm working on which will involve that, a bit of After Effects and of course, I'll slip some LightWave in there.

I love Premiere and AfterEffects. I've used Final Cut Pro, but I just prefer the Adobe suite. For me its stable, fast and does what I paid my money for it to do :)

Digital Hermit
07-18-2006, 09:13 PM
I have been using Premiere Pro 1.5 "WinXPpro" and I have done multi keys... I believe it is better to do them in After Effects, but I have had little problems in Pro 1.5 (except longer render times.)

I used Premiere 6.5 on a MAC in college and the other students and I had a myriad of problems with that program.

The ease of use, to me, of 1.5 vs. 6.5 is very obvious to anyone comparing them.

Regards,

Digital Hermit

KevinL
07-18-2006, 09:35 PM
I'm happy.

Edit on your fave flav, just edit :)

K

Exception
07-19-2006, 01:49 AM
Indeed...

Just for the Premiere fans here, just do a multiply or a screen key and move one of the clips, or scale it, or whatnot. :)

I suppose it all depends on the complexity of your task. I do very short filsm that have, like 14 video channels and so on. It turns nightmare then. It might work okay for more normal editing tasks. But even then I run into a constant codec messing up thing on each system. Bad luck? maybe... :)

To each his own, but I'm looking forward to speededit! yaay!