PDA

View Full Version : Lighting in LW8

adailide
07-17-2006, 04:20 PM
Is there any way to get real-time lighting in LW8? I do architectural renderings and would really like real world lighting. I know sketch-up has it, so there has to be someway to do it with lightwave.

Does that need a plug-in?
Where is a good place to get plug-ins?

Thanks for any help anyone has

Emfrobia
07-17-2006, 06:58 PM
What exactly do you mean by real-time lighting? For actual lights, lightwave can simulate those in real-time, for better effects just crank up the resolution/setting which i believe is located in the open gl options, press "d". (not totally sure though.) For radiosity and such, i'm not so sure. I don't even know if Lightwave can have real-time radiosity at a really low level.

adailide
07-17-2006, 07:03 PM
meaning setting the sun path, to imitate the real life lighting an 3d model would expiereince in a certain location. In sketch-up (I know, a different program) you can set an exact location in the world, for the path of the sun, I don't know if lightwave can do it, but it was a good effect. In architecture this is important, not so much in regular 3d modeling.

kruemel_1
07-17-2006, 10:59 PM
SkyTracer 2 (^F5 - Add Environment - Sun - Sun Position) positions a light at the position where the Sun should be at a specific position at a specific time and can also animate a position change and a time change.
And for plugins the first point to look at is www.flay.com

adailide
07-19-2006, 07:17 AM
I will give that a try tonight, thanks

adailide
07-19-2006, 09:26 PM
SkyTracer 2 is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the help!