PDA

View Full Version : Setup Incidence Gradient in Node editor

wesleym
07-17-2006, 12:00 PM
Hey,

How would I mimick the fresnel effect of adding an incidence angle gradient in the reflection channel from the node editor?

The node editor is very cool, but it's going to take a lot for me to learn it. Well, that's half the fun.

thanks,

wes

Weepul
07-17-2006, 03:52 PM
Create a Gradient node. Double-click it. Set the input type to Incidence and set up your keys as usual (keep in mind that the range is from 0 to 1 rather than 0 to 90), and connect it to reflection.

You can either use the key's color (which will be converted to values when you connect it to a "scalar" type dot) or set your values as the keys' alphas, and hook the alpha dot to the reflection dot. The latter method is sometimes easier to work with.

wesleym
07-18-2006, 06:56 AM
thanks weepul! Setting the values as colors is kinda hard to get my head around. I'll try the alpha method too.

thanks,

wes

Maxx
07-18-2006, 07:10 AM
Having trouble wrapping my head around the same thing, I've found it healps to right-click the proxy image on the gradient node and select Preview->Alpha if you're not using the color output. Just in case it helps out...