PDA

View Full Version : Plugin Path Overwritten

devin
07-17-2006, 10:04 AM
Hi,

I've had an existing SN setup with LW8 running beautifully for some time. I thought I'd update to LW9 easily enough but I've hit a snag. Basically I've copied all the settings from the LW8 setup but now Layout refuses to accept my shared network drive (O:\) as the default location for the shared plugins. Whether I scan the plugins or manually modify LWEXT9.cfg from C:\ to O:\, when I start Layout, it writes over LWEXT9.cfg in the config_sn folder returning it to C:\.

This setup uses Matt Gorner's tutorial.

The Lightwave directory on the master computer is on C:\Lightwave\... but is shared as O:\Lightwave\... with config_sn, screamer_command, etc. set up accordingly.

The Layout shortcut target line is set to: C:\LightWave\Programs\lightwav.exe -cC:\Lightwave\config_sn

Screamernet is set to O:\screamer_command.

I'd really appreciate any insight. Thanks!

Devin

devin
07-17-2006, 10:43 AM
Well, it seems that LW9's nifty new "Autoscan Plugins" feature causes the overwrite and defaults to C:\ automatically. Turning this feature off solves the issue!

dballesg
07-26-2006, 07:50 AM
Hi,

I've been having this same problem this morning, but I managed to solve it, scanning the plugins, and write protecting the LW9EXT.CGF file BEFORE I existed LW.

But I am glad to see I can solve it easily turnin off the auto scan feature.

Best regards,
David

zapper1998
08-09-2006, 11:07 AM
Help
Ok, I am new to screamerNet...
My nodes start up and are looking for..

But Screamernet does not see the nodes

Help please

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Node_1.bat running
'\\Lightwave32bit\LightWave'
CMD.EXE was started with the above path as the current directory.
UNC paths are not supported. Defaulting to Windows directory.
"LightWave ScreamerNet Node 1..."
LightWave x86 ScreamerNet Module (Build 998)
CPU number: 0

sendack: Initializing
x86
Can't open reply file "9\Config_SN".
Current directory is now "C:\Program Files (x86)\NewTek\LightWave 3D 9\Programs".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Node_1 [ host computer]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
@echo OFF
REM Turn command echoing off by default

echo "LightWave ScreamerNet Node 1..."
REM Just so we know which one it is!

cd C:\Program Files (x86)\NewTek\LightWave 3D 9\Programs
REM Change to the Programs directory, this is where the LWSN.exe program resides (ScreamerNet)

REM Next, run the LWSN program, the command template looks this: LWSN -2 -cCONFIGFILES -dCONTENT JOB# ACK#
LWSN -2 -c\\64bitlightwave\S_Net_LW9_32\LightWave 3D 9\Config_SN -d\\64bitlightwave\S_Net_LW9_32\LightWave 3D 9\ \\64bitlightwave\S_Net_LW9_32\LightWave 3D 9\Screamer_Command\job1 \\64bitlightwave\S_Net_LW9_32\LightWave 3D 9\Screamer_Command\ack1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Node_2 [ Node computer]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
@echo OFF
REM Turn command echoing off by default

echo "LightWave ScreamerNet Node 2..."
REM Just so we know which one it is!

cd C:\Program Files (x86)\NewTek\LightWave 3D 9\Programs
REM Change to the Programs directory, this is where the LWSN.exe program resides (ScreamerNet)

REM Next, run the LWSN program, the command template looks this: LWSN -2 -cCONFIGFILES -dCONTENT JOB# ACK#
LWSN -2 -c\\64bitlightwave\S_Net_LW9_32\LightWave 3D 9\Config_SN -d\\64bitlightwave\S_Net_LW9_32\LightWave 3D 9\ \\64bitlightwave\S_Net_LW9_32\LightWave 3D 9\Screamer_Command\job2 \\64bitlightwave\S_Net_LW9_32\LightWave 3D 9\Screamer_Command\ack2

Node_2.bat running
'\\Lightwave32bit\LightWave'
CMD.EXE was started with the above path as the current directory.
UNC paths are not supported. Defaulting to Windows directory.
"LightWave ScreamerNet Node 1..."
LightWave x86 ScreamerNet Module (Build 998)
CPU number: 0

sendack: Initializing
x86
Can't open reply file "9\Config_SN".
Current directory is now "C:\Program Files (x86)\NewTek\LightWave 3D 9\Programs".
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++

Michael

CROUTON213
09-04-2006, 02:47 PM
Hi, thanks for the advice. I was going a bit crazy because everything was the same as our LW[8] setup but LW[9] kept changing my plugins path and therefore not saving any rendered images. Now we seem to be rendering successfully using LW[9] ScreamerNET. Thanks so much for the little detail about the AutoScan Plugins on/off as well as the idea of write protecting the LWEXT9.CFG file. Two solutions in less than five minutes after a week of frustration.
-qb

UnCommonGrafx
09-04-2006, 05:49 PM
Quickest fix for this: set up another dir, call it "Screamer".
Put everything that lwsn needs into that directory. If you don't know what files, lwsn will tell you when it starts up. ;) (Tip: from lw's program directory I just copied EVERYTHING except modeler and layout to this new directory.
Copy your config files there, as well.

From here, and I'm using Tequila Scream as my example, I just point to "Screamer" for the "lw config dir" and the "Command Dir". No problems at all with this set up.