PDA

View Full Version : got news from NT Europe about my problem with registration

cgirolet
07-17-2006, 03:17 AM
the good news is that they've noticed a problem with some european customers and they're working on it

the bad news is that apparently there is nothing to do but wait for newtek to accept europeans serial numbers as valid ones

regarding the delay it will take they don't know because of the differents time zones

cool isn't it ? i'm exactly in the same situation that i was two days ago, still can't use (except in discovery mode) my lw9 and don't even know when i will be able to register it.

so lucky the ones that can already use it, hope i won't have to wait another couples of days or i will be really disappointed (if not angry...)

what did they changed their method and did not use two separates servers (one for europeans users and one for the others) as it worked before will remain a mistery for me.

mkiii
07-17-2006, 04:07 AM
If you don't use any license key other than the one that LW installs, then you should be in 14 day trial mode with the installed temporary license.

If you are in discovery mode, it is because you are using an expired license key, or have no dongle / drivers etc.

Make sure you do a clean install to get your 14 days.

As for the current registration system, I have to say that it is completely SNAFU.

cgirolet
07-17-2006, 05:14 AM
yep my open beta licence key expired last saturday, i've done a clean install, i will then have to wait, by the way what SNAFU mean ?

thomasdrucker
07-17-2006, 05:56 AM
Hi,
I also called NT-Europe and they said they forwarded our email messages to NT and we would have to wait till they respond.

This is getting on my nerves! I have work to do with models I cannot open in 8 anymore and I'm afraid this will be a long wait.

Did you get the trial mode working? I tried it but only get the discovery mode. I tried it with and without dongle. (i'm on a Mac btw)

Skinner3D
07-17-2006, 06:08 AM
SNAFU = Event of complete and total randomness and chaos.:D

JBT27
07-17-2006, 07:09 AM
The numbers you are talking about are not the ones on the Vue CD case then - presumably you don't have that?

NT is not accepting EU numbers to register a product, but it will work for getting the permanent license, or is that a random hit-rate as well?

Julian.

T-Light
07-17-2006, 08:30 AM
I had a few problems at first but honestly can't tell you if it was user error or not (long week away). Just as I was about to give up I got a thank you your numbers in the post message - and it was :). Sorry for all those without any such luck - I was getting the 'That serial must be registered with Newtek Europe' until that point.

mkiii
07-17-2006, 08:37 AM
yep my open beta licence key expired last saturday, i've done a clean install, i will then have to wait, by the way what SNAFU mean ?

Situation Normal All "Fouled" UP...

Substitute your favourite F-word for "Fouled".

It is a degree or two below FUBAR.

goodrichm
07-18-2006, 10:04 AM
KUDOS to NewTek! They're definitely not sitting on their thumbs doing nothing! They just fixed all the problems with my downloads page not showing my registered download files.

Thanks again NewTek! Mark