PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading to LWCAD2 question...

Steve Reeves
07-16-2006, 02:58 PM
Hi all,

Hope everyone is enjoying all the 9 goodness!

I would like to upgrade my LWCAD (from v1.5 which obtained from the the NT deal) to version 2 - it looks rather awesome!

I am a European customer and so I was thinking of getting it from Safe Harbour in the US as the site says that it is a download product. Could somebody who has upgraded already please confirm that it is indeed a download product and that there is no risk of me getting a parcel in the mail where I have to pay import duty!

NT Europe is apparently going to be a reseller for LWCAD2 also - but nothing on their site yet about pricing. I suspect it will be cheaper in the US.

As a side note, what do people think about the documentation?

Anyway, appreciate anybody experiences.

Many thanks

RudySchneider
07-16-2006, 03:11 PM
I downloaded it, upgrading from 1.5, via Safe Harbor, with no problems, and installed it into my LW9 upgrade download. Unfortunately, I screwed up during the registration phase, though, so I'm waiting on w3tools to bail me out...

cagey5
07-16-2006, 03:18 PM
NT Europe did announce they were having a 30 day special pricing offer. I've not heard anything since, but that's what I've been waiting for as I missed the Safe Harbour offer.

Penforhire
07-16-2006, 04:29 PM
It was definitely a download product for me (pre-ordered through Safe Harbor).

3DBob
07-16-2006, 05:54 PM
It was a download for me too. Very easy and quick

Don't hesitate to get this plugin - it is wickedly good.

3DBob

Bog
07-16-2006, 06:19 PM
I hear that it's OK to wait for NT-Europe to come back after the weekend, and to wait for them to post the upgrade offer. There won't be any price difference, and you'll be helping support NewTek.

Personally, that makes it worth waiting a bit for.

Lottmedia
07-17-2006, 11:15 AM
anyone else have probelms activating it? I just got it from SH and the activation screed at WTools asks for an activation serial number (which I don't have.) Sent email to admin but never know how long that will take so i thought I'd ask.

Casey :cat:

RudySchneider
07-17-2006, 12:08 PM
I got my LWCAD2 Serial Number, along with my order confirmation, from Safe Harbor in an email.

Steve Reeves
07-17-2006, 12:37 PM
Thanks everyone for your replies. I will hang fore a couple of days to see if MT Europe have it available.

Regards

mouse_art
07-17-2006, 12:39 PM
@Lottmedia, you SerialNumber or Upgrade Serial Number should be in the "Copy Invoice" Email.

After installing LWCAD2 , go to lcwcad2 options, from there fill in the serial number, and press the "get your key number" button....follow the instructions on the webpage fill out the form with the serial number, and the hardware key.

Penforhire
07-17-2006, 03:10 PM
Casey, I had an activation issue (wrong #'s) and Viktor got back to me very fast (next day) with corrected key numbers. I'm impressed because he must be swamped with all the update activity. Two thumbs up!

RudySchneider
07-17-2006, 04:01 PM
Victor sorted out my activation key issue in fairly short order, too! I really appreciate such support! And the product is pretty darn good, too!

moremetall
07-19-2006, 03:20 AM
any news on the upgrade offer from NT Europe

Safe Harbor
07-19-2006, 08:25 AM
To order your upgrade for LWCAD today, please call us immediately!

cagey5
07-19-2006, 04:04 PM
But we've missed your offer deadline Safe Harbor. Should be cheaper to wait for NTE to get themselves sorted.

Lottmedia
07-19-2006, 04:59 PM
mouse_art and Penforhire, thanks. Turns out Viktor got back to me almost instantly and resolved it (it was on my safeharbor email, just further down that I thought :) ) Just in case anyone doubts it, the softwre is excellent, worth every penny, and the support is fantastic. Viktor, if you're listening, thanks:)

Casey :cat:
(bubbling with gratitude)