PDA

View Full Version : hmmm 16th already....

KillMe
07-16-2006, 09:46 AM
heheh only joking

Kurtis
07-16-2006, 09:50 AM
:bowdown:

T-Light
07-16-2006, 09:53 AM
You can't joke like that :D.

I'm still getting over Darth Kurtis (:D ) sending your baby 'H14A' to the heavens.

What a ride :)

Kurtis
07-16-2006, 10:00 AM
This is my kung fu, and it is strong.

colkai
07-16-2006, 11:30 AM
Hehe, ahh, and I missed saying goodbye to H14A too. :cry:

ShawnStovall
07-16-2006, 12:27 PM
Their will be only one hmmm 14th already....:cry:

T-Light
07-16-2006, 12:50 PM
Yoda

No, there is another.

T-Light
07-17-2006, 06:54 PM
I quote me/yoda

No, there is another.
You lying little green b*****d

Earl
07-17-2006, 09:30 PM
hehe, the hmmm nth already.... will never die. :devil:

T-Light
07-17-2006, 09:57 PM
you sure? Do they know there is another, b*gg*er I've killed a ciggy just to type :(

It needs promotion, it needs marketing gurus too post it on the hills of hollywood, alas, we let it fade. As Colkai said (and I'm sure He didn't pinch it :D )

Like tears in the rain

We let the beautiful things die :( :cry:

T-Light
07-17-2006, 10:01 PM
Woah, ang on, full edits are back, anyone notice???

Bog
07-18-2006, 03:01 AM
Woah, ang on, full edits are back, anyone notice???

Yes! At last I am free from the consequences of posting at three in the morning with rasterburn turning my eyeballs inside out and a gazillion dancing keyframes turning my brain into cheese!

Plakkie
07-18-2006, 04:14 AM
Guys! I whatched Serenity. My first experience with the Firefly universe. I understand much better now. :thumbsup:

Bog
07-18-2006, 04:26 AM
In which case go watch the series tout de suite, and get the other 95% of what we love about the 'verse. Serenity's a cracking film, but it's very different to the series.

Exception
07-18-2006, 04:48 AM
Somehow
its so close to
Cowboy Bebop...

That is to say nothing bad about either...
Are they going to make another firefly season? cos I miss it...

ThriJ
07-18-2006, 04:52 AM
Guys! I whatched Serenity. My first experience with the Firefly universe. I understand much better now. :thumbsup:

If you like the movie you will love the series.

It's all shiny:)

Bog
07-18-2006, 05:56 AM

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:cry:

KillMe
07-18-2006, 06:07 AM
made this thread as a joke/tribute to the last one but **** tis gather momentum again - seems we need a thread to just talk about hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm nothing/everything

lets make this one longer than the last one

Kurtis
07-18-2006, 06:56 AM

There have been rumors, and I think Joss even comments on them in the extras on the Serenity DVD, but I haven't seen anything official yet.

DogBoy
07-18-2006, 07:01 AM
yeah, there is that "give us cash so we can resurrect it" BrownCoat site, but I doubt they'll get far.

And the day Fox admit they drilled the chihuahua over canceling it, is the day H*ll elects Johnny Osmond as boss.

Exception
07-18-2006, 07:06 AM
"Drilled the chihuahua"...

classic!

Heh, but yes, if you luuurve Serenity, you might also find pure bliss in Cowboy Bebop.
Throw your cartoon preconceptions away at the door please.

DogBoy
07-18-2006, 07:43 AM
"Cowboy Bebop".

I never tire of watching that.
I have the series and the movie, both are the dogs 'nads.

Someone also put me on to FLCL/Fooley-Cooley/Furi-Kuri, which is just plain WRONG.

(but in a good way).

P.S. Is it me or in the Thread called "Rail-Clone Oddity" the OP isn't actually trying to clone oDDity?

P.P.S. Why would you want to rail-clone oDDity anyway? to get him dizzy? That isn't nice. I say we should blanket ban all oDDity rail-cloners

Bytehawk
07-18-2006, 08:06 AM
in a lemmings voice : 'OH NO !!!'
y'all know what happens after that....

DogBoy
07-18-2006, 08:29 AM
in a lemmings voice : 'OH NO !!!'
y'all know what happens after that....

No?? Did Kurtis cut them off? Kurtis was in Lemmings? Wow, not worthy :bowdown:

I never played lemmings :cry:

Exception
07-18-2006, 08:32 AM
Someone also put me on to FLCL/Fooley-Cooley/Furi-Kuri, which is just plain WRONG.

Yes, I think it's supposed to be pronounced Furi-Kuri...
Weirdness, happy weirdness...

Something weird but perhaps even better than CB and FLCL: Serial Experiments Lain.
Don't go insane... :)

DogBoy
07-18-2006, 08:39 AM
Something weird but perhaps even better than CB and FLCL: Serial Experiments Lain.
Don't go insane... :)

I saw one episode of that. it seemed like a proto-Matrix kinda thing (mixed with Perfect Blue). dang freaky! If only I could get my GF from wanting to watch Avatar.

Lew
07-18-2006, 08:40 AM
I just love how any single word will take this thread off in a new direction. Sometimes makes my head hurt, but I always smile when I log on here.

"Are they going to make another firefly season? cos I miss it..."
Me too!

Verlon
07-18-2006, 02:21 PM
ROFL

On Serenity/Firefly, I hear that once again DVD sales exceed expectations and they are strongly considering another movie.

Bog
07-18-2006, 03:29 PM
I don't want another gorram movie. I want a second series!

One which starts with Mal waking up groggy and confused after surgery. A premise that would work would be an terrible accident involving Mal, four feet of garden hose and a falling armadillo.

Then we'd be able to write Serenity off as a hallucination, and I can stop calling Whedon a team-killing bun tyen-shung duh ee-dway-ro.

Plakkie
07-18-2006, 03:48 PM
Well, I liked the characters in the movie, and I love the fact that they did it for free just to make it possible. Joss seems like a very cool guy too. I guess the series are still for sale then? Thinking 'bout buying a few of those episodes (how many were there?), so I guess you made another fan. :D
Are the series also mostly made with LW by the way? That would be cool!

Verlon
07-18-2006, 03:51 PM
THeres 14 or 17 episodes on the DVD set....its all in one set, so only one purchase unless they make "another series" based on the movie sales.

Kuzey
07-18-2006, 04:24 PM
I never seen the show or the film. but, I did see the second half of "sky captain of tomorrow" for the first time here in Turkey, on a Azerbaijan tv network.

That was fun, dubbed half in Russian and half in Turkish...that's one wired mix of languages :D

I want to see that one from the start next time. :eek:

Kuzey

Bog
07-18-2006, 04:35 PM
Yup. Firefly was also done by those clever chaps and chapettes at Zoic Studios (I can't recall if anyone else worked on it, so if I've just missed a studio I am sorry).

All good DVD retailers (and several disreputable ones) carry Firefly as a complete boxed set. They do this because it persistantly sells like hot-cakes, fair flying from the shelves. Best selling DVD set of Christmas 2005 on Amazon, IIRC. Best selling film of that period was Serenity, I also think.

Which won Film 2005's "Film of the Year" award, which is some kinda special.

So please can we have another ruttin' series. Please?

Pretty please?

Bytehawk
07-18-2006, 04:38 PM
yep, firefly the series is a must buy. You can get it real cheap from amazon .co.uk too

btw. I just got a mail from amazon, Battlestar galactica second season will be released on the 28th of august (the full season, not the half season the USA got)

colkai
07-19-2006, 03:14 AM
It is, gorram shiny is what it is, and who's gos se HOE-tze duh PEE-goo idea was it to cancel it in the first place. :( :cry:
Lowlife Hwoon dahn!

T-Light
07-19-2006, 06:51 AM
Bog

and I can stop calling Whedon a team-killing bun tyen-shung duh ee-dway-ro.
Colkai

gos se HOE-tze duh PEE-goo...Lowlife Hwoon dahn!
Alas, I fester in English due to my Sister borrowing both the series and the movie a couple of months ago.
What's 'serenity' speak for "Inter family anti-trust law suit"

T-Light
07-20-2006, 05:37 PM
I had to go to the second page, Is this a 'me' thing?

OK, I;m not actually a 16.5 stone hairy bloke, or a 16.5 pound hairy cat. This whole cat/human thing that I currently inhabit due to all this cancellation of popular threads, It's driving us aliens a tad bonkers.

Resondencies can be sent via a $1000 dollar check, or an hello placed in approximately the space below.

[EDIT] - Full edit's are cool, It's now the cold light of day, if someone can explain to me what I was on earth I was gabbing on about last night, you'll get a prize.

art
07-21-2006, 01:26 PM
Can something get so overheated that it freezes? Yes, my computer.

ShawnStovall
07-24-2006, 04:08 PM
I just had to post this somewhere:

ShawnStovall
07-24-2006, 04:11 PM
This is my 300th post!And this is my 400th post!And this is my 600th post!

And this is my 700th post!

T-Light
07-24-2006, 06:33 PM
There just isn't enough threads to congratulate folks on the little things.
:beerchug::jam: Congratulations :beerchug:

T-Light
07-24-2006, 06:34 PM
This threads pulse is somewhat erratic.

They hates us :(

ShawnStovall
07-24-2006, 07:08 PM
This threads pulse is somewhat erratic.

They hates us :(

:( :agree: :cry:

T-Light
07-24-2006, 07:12 PM
Yeas they hates but I have a quote and I needed it answering, I thought of posting it here to see if people knew, but now I've forgotten the quote.

Oh bum :thumbsdow

T-Light
07-24-2006, 07:22 PM
Bummer, you'd really have to know low budget cult classics to know what I'm talking about but it was clear as glass a few minutes ago, and it's gone.

BRILL. :thumbsdow

Was going to be a whole questionaire thingy too.

T-Light
07-24-2006, 07:23 PM
I'VE GOT IT, I'VE GOT IT...

Here it is...

I LIKE TOO WATCH

Clues...

1980's I believe, it was about an extra in Hollywood that gets what He think's is a break, 'house sitting' in a V'Posh apartment in Hollywood. Murder Mystery. Can't tell you the stars coz it would be too easy to google.

don_culbertson
07-24-2006, 08:33 PM
Would that be Body Double?

Lew
07-25-2006, 05:59 AM
So, T-Light - working a bit too hard of late? Perhaps you should model some rest. It's the surfacing that kills you.
Lew

iconoclasty
07-25-2006, 07:31 AM
So did all the other Firefly fans cheer when they were watching the BSG miniseries and the Firefly model flew by? Good old Zoic repurposing a great ship design.

T-Light
07-27-2006, 07:06 PM
don_culbertson-

Would that be Body Double?
Too much information there eh :foreheads
Lew-

So, T-Light - working a bit too hard of late? Perhaps you should model some rest. It's the surfacing that kills you
Yeah, but first I'd need to model some air conditioning for the bedroom, I'm finding I can't get the hypervoxels down to to below 30 degrees c :D
iconoclasty-

So did all the other Firefly fans cheer when they were watching the BSG miniseries
What's a BSG? - run's and ducks :devil:

Bytehawk
07-27-2006, 07:53 PM
What episode ?

second series hasn't aired here, expect the dvd's by the end of august.

edit bsg : battlestar galactica

BeeVee
07-28-2006, 01:48 AM
It was in the pilot mini-series...

B

don_culbertson
07-28-2006, 02:34 AM
don_culbertson-

Too much information there eh :foreheads

Easy one... (I have Body Double on VHS). :D

Don

T-Light
07-28-2006, 08:04 AM
don_culbertson-

Easy one... (I have Body Double on VHS). :D
It's one I'd like to get on DVD, alongside 'Party Animal', they're just so bizarre and so 80's :)

T-Light
07-31-2006, 06:03 PM
Esotericas reckons this thread need a 1200 volt cable up its j*cksie.:gotpics: :gotpics: :lol: :hijack: :hijack: :hijack:

I'm only quoting... this has NOTHING to do with me.
I should say we're sat here a tad drunk, wishing we were at Siggy.

ShawnStovall
08-25-2006, 07:33 PM
I just had to do this...

ShawnStovall
08-25-2006, 07:44 PM
This is my 300th post!

And this is my 400th post!

And this is my 600th post!

And this is my 700th post!

And this is my 800th post!

SP00
08-25-2006, 07:48 PM
I think if networks are hesitant about a complete full season, they should take a BSG approach. Meaning that they should create a 4 hour mini series to test the water. If the mini-series is a big hit, than create a full season. Joss needs to approach the Scifi channel with this. That network will do a good job in giving that series exposure.

prospector
08-25-2006, 11:44 PM
Yea now they actually put wrestling on Sci-Fi....what's up with that ?????? :cursin:

Silkrooster
08-26-2006, 12:22 AM
I wonder if thats the final proof that pro wrestling isn't real.:hey:
Silk

T-Light
08-26-2006, 02:52 AM
Never in a million years

IT'S ALIVE

T-Light
08-26-2006, 03:10 AM
Wrestling on Sci-Fi, that's got to hurt :D
In Blighty, one of our top three channels has become very ill, it's not broadcasting wrestling, but it is braodcasting an extremely tacky fifth rate phone in quiz show. Not just half an hour or so but nearly four :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ing hours a night, SIX DAYS A WEEK!!!

When a channel gets into that state it's time too take it out back and shoot it in the face.

Give the slot to something more worthy, like Sci-Fi for instance, so long as we get it 'WWWF' free.

Bytehawk
08-26-2006, 04:37 AM
yeah, I've seen it. It's horrible. And you know what, other channels are following their example. It's spreading in Belgium as well now. Another reason to bin the telly.

T-Light
08-26-2006, 06:33 AM
Sorry Bytehawk, If I were you I'd campaign for anti-broadcast steel gauze across your shore's, you just don't need your airwaves infected by that pap.

It's not just ITV though is it, Auntie Beeb's been loosing her marble's for as long as I can remember. They broadcast Crime Watch update the other night.
The narrator said the suspect was -

Described as having a fat head, one missing tooth, one gold tooth and impersonated police officers in his silver car.
Unfortunately, this still left the police with half a million suspects.
YOU WHAT? I mean for goodness sake, does anyone even bother to check the scripts? The BBC's News 24 is even worse for this sort of nonsence

People are saying the War can't be won by fighting alone, over to you Bill.
(cuts to interview with foreign chap with Bill)

"The wur can nut be vun by fighing aloooone"

Thanks for that Bill, now over to Sally with the weather

BRRrrrr, Och you'll neeeed ta wrap up WARM toodee, back to you Ben.

Thanks Sally, Now to Beyonce ,who's lost a whopping two pounds for her latest film.

BBC news just couldn't attract more intellectually challenged viewers if they used glove puppets.
There is a couple of exceptions to the rule, News 24 also broadcasts 'Hard Talk', which can be excellent. Last year, Hard Talk featured Gavin Essler talking to Rory Bremner (top class political comedian and impressionist). In it, Bremner revealed Tony Blair (prior to election of 97) had offered him a peerage in exchange for him 'going easy' with him on TV. What happened this year? Tony Blair gets involved with the 'Cash for Peerages' bribery scandal. Did News 24 pick up on their own 1,000,000 carat nugget of information? No of course not, We're are more likely to see Noddy as Prime Minister than have news 24's investigative reporters actually doing some investigative reporting.

Anyway I digress, if anyone fancies coming to the UK, then wrap up warm, don't turn on the tv, and do watch out for our half a million silver car driving, fat headed, dentally challenged police impersonators.

Bytehawk
08-26-2006, 06:51 AM
it's a real pitty because itv used to show a late night movie, it always started just as I got home from work. (yeah I work late)

now there's this cheeky git telling us 10 times a minute to call her with the solution to a stupid question. It's just bearable zapping through the channel (meaning 0.2 seconds of screen time at the most). I compare it with nuclear waste : exposing yourself more than .2 seconds to it will ruin your evening.

Kuzey
08-26-2006, 07:02 AM
yeah, I've seen it. It's horrible. And you know what, other channels are following their example. It's spreading in Belgium as well now. Another reason to bin the telly.

Is that the one where you have a female trying to get you to call in and win some easy cash, just by working out a simple puzzle?

Here in Turkey, one channel was doing it three weeks ago and now it seems to be about 10 and counting :cursin: :cursin: :cursin:

Kuzey

Kuzey
08-26-2006, 07:05 AM
By the time I finished typing Bytehawk answered the question...man I should learn speed typing or something :D

Kuzey

Bog
08-26-2006, 07:54 AM
Wrestling on Sci-Fi, that's got to hurt

noooo!

T-Light
08-26-2006, 08:03 AM
Kuzey -

Is that the one where you have a female trying to get you to call in and win some easy cash, just by working out a simple puzzle?
Ah, now then, our fabulous Government (which ought be renamed Goodfornothingment), passed a new ruling last year regarding TV quizshows in their usual Talk first - Think second manor (actually I added the word 'think' in there just for a bit of fun). This ruling stated the networks were allowed to show quiz shows, wait for it, so long as the answers weren't too easy.

The quiz shows took this heart, so they ask EASY questions with a twist, ie the only way your'e going to answer them is if your high on moonbeams.

eg
Presenter: What's eleven *3 -16+5
Caller: Is it twenty two?
Presenter: NO (in a condescending tone)
Several calls later they might reveal the answer as something like Slartybardfast.

They have taken INANE to a whole new level.

[EDIT] I should add, I think TV Quizshows were actually under the government guilitine last year, when HM government finaly passed it's new 'tough on quizshows' ruling ITV must have passed out with relief. Good Old Tony & cronies, they tried to get rid of low brow TV and accidently legitimised the worst breakout of truly dreadfull TV in British history.

T-Light
08-26-2006, 08:27 AM
Bog, how's the pub doing?

Bog
08-26-2006, 04:14 PM
Bog, how's the pub doing?

Not so great. Every time I go out to research it, I end up staggering home at two in the morning, penniless and with a digicam full of very blurry pictures.

Can't understand it, something must be going wrong somewhere but I can't figure out what it is through these bloody hangovers!

;)

(Actually, it's going quite slowly, I've spent the last 2 days reinstalling all my various pieces of Stuff on a new workstation 'cause my old one broke)

ShawnStovall
08-26-2006, 04:18 PM
Hey! This is the second time I revived a hmmm #th already.... thread.

Bog
08-26-2006, 04:22 PM
Kurtis is going to be watching you, young man.

Verlon
08-27-2006, 11:14 PM
He can't....he's too busy watching wrestling on Sci-fi and calling in quiz answers.... :D

Every time I see something stupid on SciFi, I think of how that money could have been used to continue Farscape....

Lew
08-28-2006, 05:45 AM
Well ShawnStovall, I wondered who would break first.
Lew

Phil
08-28-2006, 07:27 AM
Anyway I digress, if anyone fancies coming to the UK, then wrap up warm, don't turn on the tv, and do watch out for our half a million silver car driving, fat headed, dentally challenged police impersonators.

:D I've got tea all over my desk now! I've only been out of the UK for a year....sounds like I got out just in time.

I must admit that I don't miss the TV all that much. Moving to Dresden gave me the perfect opportunity to get rid of it :) However, I was fond of Newsnight with Paxman (even when mercilessly butchered by the pile of poo that is Newsnight Scotland *shudder*).

There's nothing like Paxman tearing some overblown MP into shreds to bring a smile to your face. Shame it doesn't happen to Blair on a daily basis - he could do with a dose or six. Happily, you can get such priceless moment via Realplayer from the BBC :thumbsup:

I'm also extremely happy that everyone can use the 'listen again' feature of BBC radio. Radio 4's today programme is often pretty robust ;)

ShawnStovall
10-06-2006, 09:29 PM
I'm sorry if I'm bothering people but...

The Tigers Won 6-0!!!!

iconoclasty
10-07-2006, 07:06 AM
Now we just need to turn the Lions around and we'll dominate all areas of sports.

kmaas
10-07-2006, 10:02 AM
Now we just need to turn the Lions around and we'll dominate all areas of sports.

Yeah, right! About the same time as there's a stable, fast Windows Vista! If only they still had Barry Sanders...

Verlon
10-07-2006, 12:44 PM
You don't need Barry Sanders (though he certainly wouldn't hurt). What you need is a functional offensive line.

A defense wouldn't hurt either.

But that combination in Detroit is about as likely as having it suddenly show up in Arizona, so don't hold your breath.

iconoclasty
10-07-2006, 01:36 PM
We definitely need a decent defense first.

ShawnStovall
10-08-2006, 08:28 PM
I can't believe the Tigers made it through the first round of the playoffs! If you would have told me this a year ago I would have laughed at you. I confident the they can make it through Oakland.

ShawnStovall
10-08-2006, 08:30 PM

I'm not a fan of Hockey, but I heard the Red Wings aren't doing that good so far.

T-Light
10-11-2006, 04:37 PM
Red Wings?
Soooo 20th century, fatty and bad for you and sold by the colonel.

Either way, I can't believe you lot have revived a revival thread to talk about obscure sports:D.

How about a nice game of chess... anyone?

Pawn 3 to Kings Bishop 6.

gjjackson
10-11-2006, 04:40 PM
How about Star Trek 3D Chess?

T-Light
10-11-2006, 04:41 PM
Well OK then,

Pawn 3 to Kings Bishop 6 raised 4th :D

gjjackson
10-11-2006, 05:48 PM
Hate to nickpick but there's Queen's Level and King's Level.

T-Light
10-11-2006, 06:09 PM
Ok, I appologise, that just wasn't up to a '16th already' thread.
I'm Bored, bored bored, alien interogation muses anyone?

-------------------------------------------------------

Another one of my factual personal stories,
(names witheld to protect the innocent)

-------------------------------------------------------

There was this girl, we dated... happiness City.
She was fab, Fab, FAB. Invited her out on all the posh company do's, we got a place together, life couldn't be better.

Months went by, I was doing well, the directors liked me and a date was planned for a directorial buffet at our luxurious property by the lake. Thing's just couldn't be better.

Day before the event, turned out we couldn't get the orderves, There was no fresh meat or fish in our locale (Something the girlfriend had decided didn't rate my interest). Depressed and frustrated with no means of hope, we retired for the evening and were interrupted by an electrical storm, microwave went batty, fly catcher buzzed all kind of flouescent.....

YEeeaaaAH, turned out her hair wasn't 'hair' but alien subcutanious fibrous PUSS, YUuuuuuuuuuughk.... although it did look suprisingly pastalicious.

What can you do, the director's ball the following day and the guests have nothing to eat...

Cum'on, We've all been there :)

Related story's welcome.