PDA

View Full Version : Load and save

Mat
07-16-2006, 02:38 AM
I have been having some trouble when trying to load lightwave files, it is posible I supose that it is a windows issuse, I don't know, but when I try to edit a file it says it can't modify the object because it is read only. yet when I load it in lw8.5 no problems. does anyone have any idears what might be causing this.

Mat
07-16-2006, 04:59 AM
ahhh Now it is working fine. I believe it had something to do with LWHUB, I tested quite a few things, eventialy I discovered that if I removed the hub from its location and restared my computer, so lightwave wasn't able to launch LWHUB it worked, so I put the hub back in, restared and it still works, Don't ask me why. one the other things that I tried was to use lw9 hub for lightwave 8.5 and this gave me the same problems I was having with 9. But it is all working perfectly well now so I will del this thread in a day.

Kurtis
07-16-2006, 05:05 AM
Yes. This is something very important for everyone trying to run multiple versions on the same machine. If you use one version of LightWave, and then decide to use another version of LightWave for a while, be sure to Exit the Hub before doing so. The Hub is not the same from version to version, and it will affect program stability to have the Hub from one version running when you start using another version.