PDA

View Full Version : text layers in lw 9!!!!!

cresshead
07-15-2006, 05:47 PM
okay up n running..just waiting for counter code to get out of demo mode....yeah with lw9 there's no 15 day grace period....straight into discovery mode!

good news is that in modeler you have text layers!
the same tools that ship with 3d arsenal with interactive extrusion and bevels...auto making of surfaces for face, bevel and extrusion...you can also choose to create layers [and their centered pivots] per letter or per word or as a single object!

stunning...very pleased with this move!
as this will affect my day to day use in lightwave at SAQ
now that i've moved over to making the books with lightwave..

brill and thanks newtek!
3d text may not the big deal in hollywwod but making this tool will REALLY help with my day to day tasks with 3d text in scenes i create for sports science 3d illustrations

Earl
07-15-2006, 06:00 PM
Ummm... Cress. You're Talking about "Text Layers" correct? If so that was added in 8.3. :thumbsup:

cresshead
07-15-2006, 06:26 PM
well they took text layers out in lightwave 8.5 then cos i've NEVER seen them till lw9!

i'm NOT talking about 'multi text'...or logo or text....btw

i never used 8.3...so they may have put them in and taken them out again....

cresshead
07-15-2006, 06:37 PM
ah!....

just searched for it!

it's a lscript in lw 8.5...and didn't install when i installed lw8.5....
ohh well...as with MANY things in lightwave some have been their for ages but you need to dig and find them!

anyhow lw9 does load it by default which is one way of finding it!...not like lw8.5!!!

progress!

Earl
07-15-2006, 09:16 PM
Very true! I've found the install for v9 to be the best install yet. Simply because there's absolutely no manual adding of the default plugins, or changing of the UI (well, except for personal preferences).

dablan
07-16-2006, 09:39 AM
Here's something cool about LightWave 9 and Text - you don't have to use Manage Fonts. You can click the Text tool, then in the numeric panel, see all of your system fonts.

cresshead
07-16-2006, 10:58 AM
yeah should have wrote that too...the font list being 'just there' is a real boon!

nice one newtek!

Silkrooster
07-16-2006, 07:07 PM
Here's something cool about LightWave 9 and Text - you don't have to use Manage Fonts. You can click the Text tool, then in the numeric panel, see all of your system fonts.
Yep, I noticed that. But I also noticed manage fonts tool is still available. I assume this will still be need for anyone who uses postscript fonts.
Silk