PDA

View Full Version : Registration - URGENT

Javier
07-15-2006, 02:01 PM
I'm not able to register my LW9 upgrade because it says it's already been used so I cannot get a permanent license. I need someone from Newtek to contact me privately asap.

Kurtis
07-15-2006, 05:38 PM
Javier,

I'm not sure where you are located, but wherever you are, Customer Service is probably closed now. Please send an email to Customer Service for your area, and they should be able to help you as soon as they can get to you on Monday. You can also call Customer Service for your area on Monday, which may get you an even speedier response.

inquisitive
07-15-2006, 06:44 PM
Looks like he is in Spain.

Kurtis
07-15-2006, 07:00 PM
Ah. Ok. Wasn't sure where Zaragoza is. Thanks.

Javier,

If you are in Spain, please contact NewTek Europe Customer Service.
http://www.newtek-europe.com/uk/contacts/contact.html

Javier
07-15-2006, 07:37 PM
Hi Kurtis,
I'm spanish yes :), I wouldn't mind to wait till monday but I have to finish a project by monday afternoon and I have a lot of renders to do yet (it's 3 AM here). I need something, even a temp license to work tomorrow and monday.
I can give you all my license details if needed. Like I said, it's very urgent. I wouldn't want to delay the project more.

Javier
07-15-2006, 07:57 PM
BTW, I've send an email to [email protected] explaining the problem. I also sent also sent another one to Newtek Europe yesterday morning asking for instructions to get the permanent license (thre was a thread yesterday because of this same thing) but didn't get answer. I was expecting this to happen on weekend, THIS weekend. I'm confident that someone at newtek will help me and I will delivery the project on time. Believe me, if this wasn't important, I would be sleeping some hours ago...

Kurtis
07-16-2006, 05:13 AM
Javier,

I wish I could help you, but I can't. I don't have access to that system, and both US and Europe Customer Service are closed on the weekend. US Technical Support will not be able to help you on this issue. All registration issues are handled by Customer Service, and in your case NewTek Europe Customer Service.

If you have work that cannot wait, the only suggestion I can make at this point is to return to LightWave 8.5 until NewTek Europe Customer Service can assist you.

Javier
07-16-2006, 06:54 AM
That's are bad news... LW8 crashes loading 9 scenes so basically I will have to wait till Newtek Europe will atend my question and get the license when they fix the **** system,a new system cleverly implemented just before the weekend when there is no customer service, and even I asked for help on Friday morning, nobody cares I guess. I can't understand that nobody can't provide a temp license in this case or just fix a problem in a system that it's not mine.

Thanks anyway.

Javier
07-21-2006, 03:33 AM
:tsktsk:
Kurtis,

I got an answer on Monday from Newtek Europe registration (my request was sent on Friday morning) :

"I am really sorry for this inconvenience. This new registration system has been setup recently by NewTek and NewTek Europe and it may still have some defaults. I will report your problem immediately. I suggest that you try to get your permanent license key later in the evening or even tomorrow morning."

I mailed them on Thuesday. The subject line was "Registration problem - URGENT - Please read this"

Well, its Friday and I haven't got any answer and of course a permanent license. I don't care anymore as I had to migrate back to 8.5 and rework all the objects textures of course. Cameras were no imported correctly and bla bla bla..

As opposite of the Beta program where I was punctually informed of every release and never lost my temp license, the "official" launch has been a complete CHAOS for me.

Now Kurtis, no marketing skills in the world will make me upgrade again.

Kurtis
07-21-2006, 06:20 AM
Javier,

Sorry to hear you weren't responded to in a more timely fashion. I am not a part of the group that handles registrations, and I was just informed of the actual problem myself by email today. Please let me know whether or not you would like to look into this for you, and I'll reply to the email I received as such.

Javier
07-21-2006, 10:54 AM
I just want it solved asap.