PDA

View Full Version : LW9 modeler problem

iainbyoung
07-15-2006, 03:04 AM
Hi folks,

I'm having a bit of a problem in modeler, and was wondering if anyone else had seen the issue. Basically, I've got the default basic setup (no additional plugins installed at this point), and am modelling an object using subpatches. All pretty basic stuff.

The problem is the top-right viewport. I have this set to a perspective view and the shading set to texture wire. All seems to be fine until I use the rotate button in the toolbar for the viewport. When I do this, I can rotate the view for about 3-4 seconds, and the the view freezes. I can continue modeling in the other viewports with no problems, but any changes I make are not reflected in the top right. If I reselect "perspective view" from the drop down menu in this top right pane, then it instantly starts working again, and all the updates I am making start being displayed again. If however, I then use the rotate button, exactly the same thing happens again. Basically the rotate view feature is unusable.

I don't know if this is a graphics driver issue, or a compatability issue with my system, but it all works fine in LW8.5. It's just LW9 that's exhibiting the problem.

I've got an Asus A8n-sli deluxe board, a 4800+ chip, 2gb ram, and 2 x 512mb nvidia 7800gtx cards running in sli.

Thanks,
Iain

iainbyoung
07-15-2006, 03:30 AM
Ignore this. I just noticed that Nvidia had some newer drivers. I've installed them and the problem seems to have gone away...