PDA

View Full Version : ..so where is LW 9.5?

archiea
07-14-2006, 08:22 PM
:D

In the tradtion of LW releases, I start the frenzy of speculation for the next release, even while being able to sniff the glue in the just printed manual... or perhaps because of it!!

Thor Simpson
07-14-2006, 09:43 PM
It's scheduled for release June 2006, just 6 months after 9.0. Stay Tuned. ;)

Honestly... I have way too many toys to play with the next few months so if it takes a bit, I'm okay. Not that I'm not itching to see the great things to come. But 9.0 has given me a LOT to learn.

badllarma
07-14-2006, 10:00 PM
VT 5 and SpeedEdit before 9.5 I think :thumbsup: :D , to be honest I'm just glad the updates have stopped now it's out of beta and I can get my plugins finally installed!!

The betas were coming out so quick it became a pointless exercise trying to install everything over and over again.

Had a plugin buy in resently, LWCAD 2, Quickbolter, Bobt's 3Wheeler and Colour Replace it's going to be nice just to get down to using them ;)

LW3D
07-15-2006, 02:50 AM
I think, NewTek tell and show more about LW 9.5 at Siggraph2006. Because LightWave 9 has just released, but it's features already known at siggraph2005. NewTek need to talk and show something more I think...

cresshead
07-15-2006, 07:45 AM
at siggy newtek will show lw9 and some in progress stuff for lw9x...i hope!

Bog
07-15-2006, 07:56 AM
In the best traditions of the various Innernets, I shall respond to this as though English were my fourth or fifth language.

I am sad and hungry with LW9 andsorry for netwke that they did no better. I am never using 3d earlier than today but can tell the mistakes they performed under the mistake that they do good.

i am liking for a plugin that make all human heads in four clicks in 9.5!!!!!!

hello!

Right. Time to drink myself into a stupor, I think....

badllarma
07-15-2006, 09:35 AM
Right. Time to drink myself into a stupor, I think....

I think your doing a fine job already :D

Bog
07-15-2006, 09:43 AM
I think your doing a fine job already

*regards glass of diet coke sadly*

I wish. Ho hum.... ;)

Red_Oddity
07-15-2006, 10:50 AM
But...your British (sort of), shouldn't you be drunk already?...Bars close at ,what, 9 o'clock or something these days?

Bog
07-15-2006, 10:53 AM
But...your British (sort of), shouldn't you be drunk already?...Bars close at ,what, 9 o'clock or something these days?

8.45, British Summer time, hosepipe ban 'cause of the drought, mustn't mislead the workers you know.

Not really British, though, with the US passport and all that. Then again, I think nationalities became an outmoded concept with the invention of TCP/IP, so I'm a bit of a webbul when it comes to that sort of thing... ;)

badllarma
07-15-2006, 11:12 AM
Hey think yourself lucky guys I'm setting off for a 12 hour shift in 15 mins :thumbsdow One thing with this job i'm doing never get used to working on Saturday Nights. :cry: (I run Paintbox part time).

Exception
07-15-2006, 03:51 PM
I'll wait with using lw9. 9.x should come VERY fast. 9 is more unstable than 8, and if Fprime doesnt render it, I'm not using it, so why bother installing it even? All the legacy bugs are still there...
yuck, I got a very bad taste in my mouth.

private
07-15-2006, 11:24 PM

In the tradtion of LW releases, I start the frenzy of speculation for the next release, even while being able to sniff the glue in the just printed manual... or perhaps because of it!!

Stupid tradition. Let's start a new one for LW9.

Matt
07-16-2006, 03:58 AM

LOL! Been waiting for this thread to appear!

;)

digital verve
07-16-2006, 04:18 AM
Andy Bishop will announce LW 9.X at Siggraph for immediate release afterwards. 3 months later it will appear :devil: :)