PDA

View Full Version : Audio displace?...

Edu
07-14-2006, 04:29 PM
I've seen a very interesting scene in LW9 (Scenes/Displacement/Audio_Displace). It's a displaced sphere synchronized to a audio track via Node Editor... but as for all the extra content, there is no information about it. Does anybody have a clue of how to get it?...

As I've seen in the node editor, the displacement texture and the normal is routed to a "math" node and the result, routed to a "displacement" node... Theoretically, the "math" node could be driven by the audio input... but again, only suppositions as there is no information about it...

If it's true, it could be powerful and creative tool, so I could use alternative kinds of "inputs" to generate rhythmic movements and deformations...

stevecullum
07-14-2006, 05:10 PM
Open the displacment texture and click the highlited E. You should see the graph editor with the audio filter plugin. Switch to the modifiers tab and double click the plugin to bring up the options. Load sample of your choice!

Edu
07-14-2006, 10:21 PM
Whow!!!... thanks!!!!...

Edu
07-15-2006, 03:43 AM
By the way... is there some possibility to hear the sound directly in LW?

UnCommonGrafx
07-15-2006, 05:06 AM
Make a preview.

Edit: you will probably have to load it in via the scene editor. IF this is the case, you will have to manually keep them in sync if you change start frames, or the like.

Edu
07-15-2006, 10:28 PM
yes!... thanks again!