PDA

View Full Version : Viper rarely works...or Is it just me?!

luke
06-03-2003, 09:20 AM
I am using OS 10.2.6 and 7.5b. I can't work out what I am doing wrong. I go to the Render options panel and enable it (viper), then I render a preview frame and nothing happens. Viper doesn't update as it should, and when I click the render button, nothing happens (and the button doesn't even 'depress'). Sometimes however, viper updates fine and it's great. Can anybody help me to get this thing to work all the time please?

jdavidbakr
06-03-2003, 10:57 AM
I think you need to be in a tool for viper to update, i.e. the surface editor or hypervoxels.

toby
06-03-2003, 05:56 PM
when you say "render a preview frame" do you mean F9? You need to do an F9 render first, and it only updates changes to surfaces, hv, and maybe lights (not geometry)

or maybe it's just buggy

riki
06-03-2003, 06:38 PM
I think it doesn't work until you open the Surface Editor. It's a bit like the Preset Shelf in that regard.

toby
06-04-2003, 01:30 AM
Wow he's right - I never noticed that. I guess I've always had the surf editor open

riki
06-04-2003, 01:43 AM
I'm speaking from memory here but as I understand it Viper needs to know what info it is working with so until you open the Surface Ed or the Hypervox window or Vol Lights you don't get any info. It's the same as the Preset Shelf.