PDA

View Full Version : NewTek Europe Customers - Please Read

Kurtis
07-14-2006, 09:54 AM
NewTek Europe has posted a tutorial on how to go through the new registration process. Please read this tutorial, to see if it will solve your problem before contacting NewTek Europe Customer Service.

http://newtek-europe.com/pdf/NewRegistrationInstructions.pdf

Edu
07-14-2006, 03:14 PM
I've downloaded LW9 today (this is the only option I can choose if I get it from a 8.5 upgrade), it haven't any serial number... do I have to wait to get it from Newtek?...

thanks!

cgirolet
07-14-2006, 03:42 PM
i tried to access the download area to download lightwave 9.0 from newtek europe site, i've ordered lw 9.0 pre order + vue 5.0 infinite a long time ago. i can access my account but when i enter my pre order serial number, i got an error message telling me that the number i've entered does not correspond to my demographic data (of course i got this message in french) here is the original error message : "le numéro de série que vous avez entré ne correspond pas à vos données démographiques", i've cheched the serial number 3 times and i made no errors. furthermore my serial for lw9 open beta is ending tomorrow.

anyone got this problem too ?

claude

Tiger
07-15-2006, 12:02 AM
I followed the New Registration Process-it worked perfect! :)
Thank you Newtek :thumbsup:

cgirolet
07-15-2006, 02:21 AM
what is the build of your final version ?

bearfoot
07-15-2006, 03:01 AM
hey

i also have the same problem

my vue 5 / LW9 serial does not match my demographic data !

not cool newtek !!

Tiger
07-15-2006, 12:02 PM
what is the build of your final version ?
Build 998 10-Jul-2006 :thumbsup:

3dworks
07-15-2006, 03:35 PM
i still get the message that with my serial i have to register at newtek-europe.com! i can download LW9 from 'my downloads' but there is no data under 'my products'. i sent an email generated by the registration app to [email protected] yesterday, but didn't get any answer/ feedback yet. hope it works this way. in the meantime my temporary beta license expired... grrr.

Liberator
07-15-2006, 03:56 PM
i tried to access the download area to download lightwave 9.0 from newtek europe site, i've ordered lw 9.0 pre order + vue 5.0 infinite a long time ago. i can access my account but when i enter my pre order serial number, i got an error message telling me that the number i've entered does not correspond to my demographic data (of course i got this message in french) here is the original error message : "le numéro de série que vous avez entré ne correspond pas à vos données démographiques", i've cheched the serial number 3 times and i made no errors. furthermore my serial for lw9 open beta is ending tomorrow.

anyone got this problem too ?

claude

Yep, same problem for me too. At least it's not just me then.

I sent an email about it to Registration and Tech @ Newtek Europe but have yet to get a response. I guess they're kind of busy!:D

Kurtis
07-15-2006, 04:05 PM
In an unfortunate bit of timing, I undersand this is a long weekend in France. Apparently they had a national holiday yesterday, but I'm not sure which one it was. NewTek Europe should be able to help those that have not been able to make use of the help provided in other threads when they return to the offices on Monday.

Liberator
07-16-2006, 01:41 AM
How weird. I decided to try accessing LW 9 again, to show my girlfriend what I'd been moaning about. Guess what? I can now access it!:dance:

I didn't have to enter any code, just went to the "My Downloads" section and it was all there waiting for me, LW 9, documentation, bonus content etc.

Might be worth you other guy's giving it a try:thumbsup:

Liberator
07-16-2006, 03:11 AM
Scrub the above.

I downloaded it, installed it and of course tried to register...:foreheads

Now back to square one.:thumbsdow

Kurtis
07-16-2006, 04:37 AM
If you were able to download, your information may have been entered automatically. Try clicking on the red banner that says "LightWave v9/Your Upgrade Is Available/Click Here Now" or looking in your My Products section, to see if the permanent license key is already displayed. If not, please contact NewTek Europe Customer Service tomorrow to finish the process.

3dworks
07-16-2006, 09:17 AM
If you were able to download, your information may have been entered automatically. Try clicking on the red banner that says "LightWave v9/Your Upgrade Is Available/Click Here Now" or looking in your My Products section, to see if the permanent license key is already displayed. If not, please contact NewTek Europe Customer Service tomorrow to finish the process.

ah, ok, the banner is actually linked to the LW9 registration page! now it worked out, thank you! the banner looks a bit like decoration/advertising and not like a link - it's too big, that's why i missed it! LOL

markus

Kurtis
07-16-2006, 09:21 AM
Glad to hear you got it sorted out.

cgirolet
07-16-2006, 10:51 AM
the problem is not downloading lw9 but registering it, if we must register on newtek even if we bought our copy from newtek europe the server should accept all the serial bought in europe instead of telling us that this number must be registered with newtek europe, coz newtek europe site is bouncing back in newtek.com. I begin to wonder if newtek has teamed with kafka or what ?

Kurtis
07-16-2006, 10:57 AM
From what we've been able to see watching the system, most European users are registering without problem. We will need to do some more investigation to see why some users are not able to. In the meantime, for those people, if you have contacted NewTek Europe already, they will help you as soon as they are able.

cgirolet
07-16-2006, 12:48 PM
see the included pic, where is the right banner, tried all i could nothing worked

Bog
07-16-2006, 01:10 PM
cgirolet,

I just tried that banner (the est disponible one) and got my key generated automagically, no hassle at all.

Maybe if you try it again? Server loads this weekend must be mental.

Liberator
07-16-2006, 02:52 PM

Alas,no glory. I can't see a red banner and the "My Products" section is empty.

Now when I try to enter my serial I get the message "We are sorry, but the number entered does not qualify for the LightWave v9 Download program" :thumbsdow

Ah well, I'll just have to wait until the Newtek Europe guys get back from their holiday and hope they don't have hangovers.

tribbles
07-16-2006, 02:54 PM
cgirolet: Thanks for the picture - even though it's not working for you, I was able to identify what everyone was talking about, and was able to register correctly.

cgirolet
07-16-2006, 03:29 PM
honestly i will call NT europe tomorrow morning, i got some friends over there, if they're giving me a solution I will publish it here in order to help those like me who have the same problem. It's pity that we had to wait months to finally get our software, and then won't be able to register it, that's not very professional.

Cougar12dk
07-16-2006, 05:14 PM
That would be great cgirolet. I'm having the same problem.

I wholeheartedly believe that NT should find some other way of MAKING ****ED sure the licenses given to their customers are gonna WORK!!!

It's a problem that's been REALLY freakin' annoying ever since the first betas. Maybe a solution would be to implement something that can autodetect the dongles they've already sent to that particular customer. I've no idea how/if it can be done, but it'd sure save them/us A LOT of downtime. It'd also cut down on the bitching and moaning on their forums.

I HATE spending a lot of money on software that JUST AIN'T workin', just to be told that I'M! doing something wrong. I am already hard pressed for money and spent my savings on this LW8 + free upgrade to 9 +Vue 2........

Normally I don't get pissed very easily, but this is a situation that is F****D up beyond any normal persons ability to comprehension.

cgirolet
07-17-2006, 03:47 AM
as i said in another thread i just got NT europe on phone :

the good news is that they've noticed a problem with some european customers and they're working on it

the bad news is that apparently there is nothing to do but wait for newtek to accept europeans serial numbers as valid ones

regarding the delay it will take they don't know because of the differents time zones

cool isn't it ? i'm exactly in the same situation that i was two days ago, still can't use (except in discovery mode) my lw9 and don't even know when i will be able to register it.

so lucky the ones that can already use it, hope i won't have to wait another couples of days or i will be really disappointed (if not angry...)

what did they changed their method and did not use two separates servers (one for europeans users and one for the others) as it worked before will remain a mistery for me.

Limbus
07-17-2006, 04:07 AM
I just hope they will fix it ASAP because right now we can only use 2 of our 5 LW licenses.

jocco
07-17-2006, 07:10 AM
same problem here

newtek the system won't exept my serialnumber. :thumbsdow

i suppose we can't do anything but wait untille the solve this problem 8~

Kurtis
07-17-2006, 07:28 AM
the bad news is that apparently there is nothing to do but wait for newtek to accept europeans serial numbers as valid ones

what did they changed their method and did not use two separates servers (one for europeans users and one for the others) as it worked before will remain a mistery for me.

The statement that our system cannot accept European serial numbers is simply not correct. If it was, no European users would have been able to register yet. As has been evidenced by many posts in many threads, including this on, that is not the case.

As to why we changed the system, this is to make sure that in the future there will not be a delay between when European customers and all other customers can access a download through the registration system. Since everyone will now be in the same system, downloads can be made available to everyone worldwide at the exact same time, regardless of various time zones and office hours.

Edit: 07/21/06

I will be out of the office, and for the most part offline, until August 07 for SIGGRAPH. If you are still having difficulties with the registration system, please contact Customer Service at [email protected] with the information requested below, and they will do their best to help you as soon as possible.

Your full name
Your email address
Your LightWave [8] serial number
Your LightWave v9 serial number (if you have one)
The 10-digit code on your Vue 5 package we shipped you
You hardware lock (dongle) ID
Your login and password for http://register.newtek.com
What happened when you clicked on each of the two LightWave v9 banners. If you clicked on the white banner and entered your Vue 5 code, did it give you a message? If you clicked on the red banner, was anything displayed?

For those of you that have already contacted me, in the event that I am not able to help resolve your situation before I leave, I have already shared your information with our MIS and CS departments so they can help you as quickly as possible in my absence.

Sande
07-19-2006, 01:14 AM
The statement that our system cannot accept European serial numbers is simply not correct.

"We're sorry, this serial number should be registered with NewTek Europe"

I have just wasted an hour with this magnificent registration system. I try to be civil, so you can just guess what I think of your above comment. I finally found Lightwave 9 and rest of the stuff under downloads. So last 30 minutes I've been watching this "If the file transfer does not begin within 20 seconds,
please reload this page by pressing F5." and been refreshing that **** page. Over and over again.

Buying, waiting, waiting and then waiting and finally trying to register this new Lightwave has been a nightmare right from the start. You can rest assured that if this all is as convenient as now in the future, I will never bother again...

PS. Can't you guys EVEN get the alphabets right? Just try to find Finland from your list of countries and you know what I mean... Perkele.

Kurtis
07-19-2006, 12:01 PM
The statement was that we can accept European serial numbers, not that no one is having difficulty with the system.

Do you have a pop-up blocker on your browser? Have you tried contacting Customer Service directly?

dee
07-19-2006, 12:49 PM
and don't forget turning cookies on!

naldopr
07-20-2006, 02:56 PM
Glad to hear you got it sorted out.
hi kurtis I went to my newtek account and see that there is a lw v.9 download or upgrade. this means that I'm eligible for a free upgrade or every one will see this on thier account?
thank you:help:

Kurtis
07-21-2006, 03:14 PM
I will be out of the office, and for the most part offline, until August 07 for SIGGRAPH. If you are still having difficulties with the registration system, please contact Customer Service at [email protected] with the information requested below, and they will do their best to help you as soon as possible.

Your full name
Your email address
Your LightWave [8] serial number
Your LightWave v9 serial number (if you have one)
The 10-digit code on your Vue 5 package we shipped you
You hardware lock (dongle) ID
Your login and password for http://register.newtek.com
What happened when you clicked on each of the two LightWave v9 banners. If you clicked on the white banner and entered your Vue 5 code, did it give you a message? If you clicked on the red banner, was anything displayed?

For those of you that have already contacted me, in the event that I am not able to help resolve your situation before I leave, I have already shared your information with our MIS and CS departments so they can help you as quickly as possible in my absence.

MarkG
07-24-2006, 12:42 PM
So could someone explain how I download this in the first place? I go to newtek-europe.com, follow the download link, and it sends me to newtek.com where I can't log in with any password I can think of and when I try 'forgot password' it says both my normal email addresses are unknown, including the address to which Newtek Europe sent the reply after I registered my LW9 upgrade with them.

What am I actually meant to do to get the software I paid for nine months ago?

Traveler
07-24-2006, 01:28 PM
I had a similar thing as you, but since I couldn't remember ever having created an account (even went through my mailbox to check for accounts) I just created a new one.
After creating an account you'll get a page where you're able to download LW9 and some stuff (content, manuals etc)

I decided to download lw9 first and then register it. Now, I think this is where most problems begin. If you select the incorrect option (the one from the selectbox) and enter your 10 digit number there it'll give a We're sorry, this serial number should be registered with NewTek Europe message.

If you select the banner (like stated in the pdf) and enter the number there it either shows you the key or this message:
We are sorry, but the number entered does not qualify for the LightWave v9 Download program. If you feel you have received this message in error, please re-enter your code, or contact NewTek Europe Customer Service on +33 557 262 262..

I hope you'll have more luck than I had (and quite a few other here too I noticed), as I got the message to contact NT.:bangwall:

Hope that helps

Sande
07-24-2006, 01:35 PM
MarkG, I know your pain... Did you bought your 9 from Newtek Europe?

I don't know who was this genius who had this marvelous idea of joining Newtek Europe's databases with US ones, or whatever, just when 9 was released, but I sure hope he (or she) is fired already...

They seem to have lost all (or at least many) of those user accounts and passwords. You have to register again. When you register, you may not find your country from that list you are given. That's because the webdesigner has not yet fully learned the alphabets. When you finally try to give them your Lightwave's serial number, this fine system probably informs that your serial number has to be registered with Newtek Europe. When you go to Newtek Europe, it forwards you back to this (US?) registration marvel.

That may be, because you tried to register your product using that funny drop down list, where it states "select your product" right next to "Register now". Silly you. There even reads "Product registration" above, so you really shouldn't have done that if you really want to register your Lightwave. You SHOULD have clicked that stupid grey Lightwave-banner beneath that all - there you may be able to enter your serial number and the system may accept it. My compliments for the webdesigner - I hope you are also fired.

PS. Nah, I hope no-one really gets fired. Maybe just a good old fashioned public spanking will do...

MarkG
07-24-2006, 01:53 PM
Thank you! Now I finally have it downloaded and registered...

That was an absolutely horrid and counter-intuitive experience, I must say.

naldopr
07-25-2006, 12:05 AM
ok guys
I have a Q?
I went to my account like allways to download updates and manual etc.
I find out that there is a few LW v9 downloads for mac pc the manual etc.
does this mean that I have a free upgrade?
I ask kurtis about it but I still comfuse!!!!:help:
I download the upgrade and say that can't find a permanent key.
any one have the same experiense?
please help:lwicon: :thumbsup:

MarkG
07-25-2006, 07:55 AM
I presume you can download it and run it in 'Discovery mode', but will need to register an upgrade serial number to get the license key?

Kurtis
07-25-2006, 10:30 AM
If you are a registered owner of LightWave 3D, you can visit the registration system at http://register.newtek.com and update or create a new profile. Once you have done this, you will be given access to a LightWave v9 download, even if you haven't purchased the upgrade. This is only a 14-day trial period. It will time-out after 14 days and drop into the limited Discovery Mode, unless you purchase an upgrade to receive a permanent license key.

This is not the Trial Edition we have discussed, that version will be available soon to anyone, regardless of whether they own a previous version of LightWave 3D. This is a 14-day test drive for LightWave 3D owners.

Sande
07-25-2006, 10:43 AM
After all my critique concerning Lightwave 9's purchasing I'm happy to give some positive feedback - 14 days trial period is excellent and it is nice to see that people can finally have a demo. :)

naldopr
07-25-2006, 10:15 PM
thank you kurtis!!!:lightwave :thumbsup:

BeeVee
07-26-2006, 02:19 AM
If you are a NewTek Europe customer, there is a PDF explaining the procedure in-depth on our LightWave v9 page (http://www.newtek-europe.com/uk/products/lightwave/index_lw9.html).

B

mkiii
07-26-2006, 09:37 AM
Unfortunately, read that pdf is exactly what I & many others did. and it is wrong.
The system did not accept some 10 digit numbers. 2 of which were mine & my works.

what it did finally accept was 15 digit numbers that had to be obtained through a painful process of trial & error.

In fact the pdf also shows a 15 digit number being entered (unless you have changed it since I read it). I can only assume that this 15 digit number is what would be on the final DVD case had we got them.

TBH - I was getting very cheesed off with being told that I should A: register on Newtek.com & B: read the PDF. Even though I had patently registered, otherwise I would not have been trying to enter my 10 digit serial number in the first place.

Then to be told I need to buy the DVD if I wanted one was just the icing on the case.

BeeVee
07-26-2006, 12:16 PM
Hi mkiii,

It's not a 15-digit number being entered - that's the page that results from a 10-digit serial having been entered and then going on to the following page, clicking on the link and being presented with the registration page. The PDF does work for all the people that I have corresponded with over the last week, and I can assure you, that's a lot! :D (it's also been revised a lot and is now on its ninth revision. Coincidence? You be the judge)

The main issue has been that folk have been using the drop-down menu, selecting LightWave and hitting Register Now, which is not what needs to happen.

As to whether or not you need to buy a DVD, that's a different matter, but if you upgraded before the end of last year, you merely need to request that the set is sent out to you, for which there is no charge. Yes, if you upgraded this year you will need to pay extra for it, but the upgrade was always sold as being an "electronic upgrade", actual physical media were not offered.

Have another look at the PDF (http://newtek-europe.com/pdf/Registering_LWv9_for_NTE_customers.pdf) and let me know of improvements I can further make?

B

mkiii
07-26-2006, 05:01 PM
I've had enough of messing around with this. Even if a thousand people got it to work by following the pdf. Some did not, and I was one of them, and yes I followed it word for word as far as was possible. There are only so many ways you can paste a 10 digit number into a box, then click on another number. If it has been revised, then maybe it might have been appropriate to have a message EMAILED out to people saying sorry, we screwed up - have a look at our new revised, and actually working arcane system of secret handshakes required to get what you paid for. :compbeati

I did finally get it to work with one - but it only worked when I entered the 15 digit number. Every time before that, it just gave the register at NTE message.

The other one only worked (eventually) by registering at NTE about 4 times.

I know the system was screwed, because It was stated to be so by Newtek. I wouldn't mind so much if when I did email NTE asking to register via them, instead of just told me to register via the website, they had just emailed the licences.

It seems strange that Countless Beta licenses were handed out pretty easily, and even a complete novice (with only 10 years of doing this stuff) like me managed to register with my big fat fingers & get that serial number.:foreheads

As for the DVDs.. I think I'll pass on paying even more thanks.

MarkG
07-27-2006, 07:41 AM
Sorry, but I can't see this as anything other than a horrible screwup. Having paid several hundred dollars and registered my upgrade key at Newtek Europe, I don't even get an email saying 'hey, that software you paid for last year is finally available to download', I only find out that it's been released by reading the site here, and then there's no information on the Newtek sites as to how to download it. The idea that I'd have to register the software a second time in order to download it is about as counter-intuitive as you could get, and, even then, if you click on the wrong button on the web site it tells you the key is invalid.

I haven't had much time to use LW9 since I got it, but so far it looks good. Unfortunately I can't say the same for the upgrade system.

mike6
07-27-2006, 01:23 PM
I have downloaded LW9 without a problem. With the dongle in place when I start Lightwave I get the message 'Your license key not found'. I click on help and select the make license entry. The panel gives me the path to my license Key file. I enter the license key. The panel also indicates that my dongle ID is 0, which it isn't. I press accept and the message says 'License Key successfully written'. I restart Lightwave and I get the message 'Your License Key not found'. If I go into the Registration Wizard and browse the dongle I get the message 'dongle not found'. I have a sneaking suspicion that all is not as it should be. Is it me? Is it the dongle? If the software can give me the full path to the License Key file at one stage then why is it not able to find it when I restart Lightwave?

Cougar12dk
07-27-2006, 02:46 PM
That is the EXACT same thing has happened to me since it was first released.

I still haven't found a way to debug that and all the license keys I've been issued by NT has not worked. :(

Barred
07-27-2006, 03:11 PM
BeeVee, having 2 simular looking selectables on the same page that do 2 different things is confusing as I also used the 'wrong one' first and it wasnot untill I was told the difference that I knew.

Could I sugest that the page is altered to make it more obviouse to us humble users ;D

BeeVee
07-28-2006, 01:42 AM
To mike6 and Cougar12dk, if your dongle ID is reported as 0, then something is wrong and no matter what license.key you generate, things are not going to work until your dongle ID reads something other than 0. Make sure that you have Sentinel drivers 7.3.0 if you're on 32-bit Windows machines. If you have but it's still reporting that number, then I suggest unsinstalling Sentinel, rebooting and just installing the latest version, which can be found on the Safenet (http://www.safenet-inc.com/support/tech/sentinel.asp) site.

To Barred, things are being worked on for this, but the second red-background banner should not appear until you have registered a product?

B

mike6
07-28-2006, 08:31 AM
Thankyou BeeVee. I have now escaped from the discovery version and am flying. Well, almost. One small problem. Loading Layout the link to Modeler sits in the top right corner until the grid appears and then the link immediately disappears.
In Modeler all links to Layout are permanently greyed out. Is there a secret hiding place for these links that I should know about. So far as I can tell everything else seems to be present and correct. The Hub icon sits on my taskbar. Is the probem Hub related?:help:

BeeVee
07-28-2006, 08:38 AM
Yes, I would say it is. Quit LightWave completely including the Hub and delete the Hub config. The file you are looking for is LWHUB9.CFG. Now launch Layout and quit it, then launch Modeler and quit it. Now launch Layout again and trying hitting F12 or the button up at the top right if it's there.

B

CAClark
08-01-2006, 03:35 PM
Hey guys, how do I order my upgrade convenience pack/disk set thingy?

Cheers!

Barred
08-02-2006, 04:17 AM
CAClark I would drop an email to [email protected] stating that you would like a hard copy of the disks and manuals and they will give you a price in Euros.

CAClark
08-02-2006, 05:50 AM
It should be free shouldn't it if you pre-ordered 9 and did the open beta thing etc..?

Cheers!

Barred
08-02-2006, 06:03 AM
I think it is a bit complicated. I had the View5 upgrade from my LW8 and this time LW9 is a digital download as a rule. I had to pay for my disks and a paper set of manuals as I detest pdf manuals. I paid 69Euros whih is not too bad as it would cost me more to take the pdf files and get them printed.

Tiger
08-08-2006, 09:58 AM
Got this today:
Hello Thomas,

Thanks for your email.

As you have purchased LightWave v9 before 31/12/05, you are eligible to the free Media Pack including the CD programms.

It will automatically be shipped to you once available in August at the following adresse:

Mr. Thomas Thiger
bla bla....

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards.

Carole LE BERRE
United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland and Scandinavia Sales Representative

:thumbsup: :lwicon: :thumbsup:

Cougar12dk
08-08-2006, 10:02 AM
Sounds great..........I'd sure like to receive one of those :)

Good for you Thomas

Nu får vi se, hvornår vi andre får vores :)

Cougar12dk
09-18-2006, 08:32 AM
Just got the CDs today. But the casing was practically shattered and the Content CD was scratched to ****. It installed though, but of course when I ran it the first time, it asked for my license/told me it couldn't find the license.

@BeeVee: Am I just to use the last lic.key I've received from NTE?

BeeVee
09-18-2006, 09:35 AM
Use the one on your profile page. The one generated from the corrected Lock ID.

B

R Haseltine
09-19-2006, 01:55 PM
I have the same dusty case, and slightly scratched content DVD. I also had a bit of a wait for my package (not Newtek's fault - UPS sent it over her to the UK, then to Cologne, then back to the UK with a rest in Brussels, then the local depot put it on the wrong van and I had to phone UPS to make sure they'd contact me for directions :rolleyes: )

Cougar12dk
09-19-2006, 03:48 PM
@BeeVee: Everything's running great now! :D Thanks for the Private message :)

Pomfried
09-20-2006, 07:05 AM
Weird, my free convenience upgrade arrived about one and a half week ago and no scratches or dust particles at all.
The only thing I noticed was that the content DVD was loose, but that was most likely caused by the transport :)

EmperorPete
09-20-2006, 11:22 AM
Still no CD whatsoever. :(

Kurtis
09-22-2006, 09:17 AM
If you have not yet received your upgrade, please check with NewTek Europe directly to find out the cause. I don't have a way to access European shipping records here.

If you have received a disk(s) that is too scratched to use, please contact NewTek Europe about a replacement.

As all orders, including those sent to NewTek Europe for distribution, originate here in San Antonio, I went and talked to our shipping department about this. They have recently started individually shrinkwrapping all CD cases, both to keep them from accidentally being opened and to help prevent anything like this from happening. We apologize for any inconvenience to people that have been affected by this, but steps have already been taken to keep it from happening in the future.

R Haseltine
09-23-2006, 08:34 AM
Can we keep an option for "please contact" open? I think my Content and 3rd Party DVD is working, but it's hard to work out what would be in the worst-affected area and there's rather too much to slog through testing everything. I don't really want to uninstall LW and reinstall to test the CD, though with the download available that's less critical I suppose (I just like the security of having a disc).