PDA

View Full Version : NewTek Europe Customers - Please Read

Kurtis
07-14-2006, 09:54 AM
NewTek Europe has posted a tutorial on how to go through the new registration process. Please read this tutorial, to see if it will solve your problem before contacting NewTek Europe Customer Service.

http://newtek-europe.com/pdf/NewRegistrationInstructions.pdf

cgirolet
07-15-2006, 03:00 AM
the registration process doesn't work when i connect to newtek europe website to register lw9.0 during the registration process it opens a page at register.newtek.com and when i enter my serial number it says that this must be registered with newtek europe

im' using lw since version 4.0 and never saw such annoying thing

MixedNut
07-15-2006, 09:57 AM
Annoying to say the least! :grumpy:

I follow the instructions to the letter and it gives me the same brush-off. The registration system also automagically adds the letter A followed by some numbers to my serial when I try to register - is this normal?

Kurtis
07-15-2006, 05:01 PM
We apologize for the inconvenience. One thing we've implemented with this release is worldwide registration through a single site. Many European users are making it through the process, but it does seem that some users are not.

NewTek Europe was closed yesterday for a national holiday in France, but they will be back Monday, and they will do their best to help those still experiencing issues as fast as possible when they return.

Iain
07-18-2006, 03:54 AM
It won't even let me get that far. The system doesn't recognise my details so I go into 'forgotten passwords' and it doesn't work!

Add to that the fact that I don't have time to mess around with something like this at the moment and it all gets very annoying.

Paulifra
07-18-2006, 09:49 AM
Last year i upgraded to 8.5 with vue5 abd free lw 9 upgrade.
when registered for the beta testing i received a beta serial for lw9.

At this moment i can download the all lw9, but how do i become a new serial ??

when i register with the beta serial it tells me not valid anymore, but i never received a new serial from newtek europe.

How to get a valid serial for lightwave 9 ???

Red_Oddity
07-19-2006, 05:26 AM
Well, the NT Europe site is a f-ing mess, i can't remember what ever i used as a user name when registering my LW8 with preorder LW9 and Vue, i can't find ANY emails from NT that confirm ANY user login details, the 'forgot my password' doesn't work, and offcourse the 'search' in the forums is broken today...
I haven't received ANY new license keys, i can't find ANY info from NT on what i should do should i have pre ordered LW9, i can find a manual on how to register a newly bought LW, but nothing on my 7 month overdue LW9 update...

I leave it at this right now, as i'm steaming, and i might type something i will regret...
I'm back to using Maya thanks to this, and as for the LW9 download, i can't really care anymore for it at the moment...

BazC
07-19-2006, 05:45 AM
You need to create an account at Newtek.com

Quote Registering LW9 pdf

"Registering LightWave v9
This PDF is all in English, but the registration pages are in the language you choose.
Firstly, you almost certainly do not have a registration at NewTek since this is a new system
for European LightWave users. When you first visit the page and you've told the registration
which country you are in and which language you prefer, you will need to sign up a new
account on the right of this page:"

DogBoy
07-19-2006, 06:06 AM
Firstly, you almost certainly do not have a registration at NewTek since this is a new system

LOL, I think he means to say is: As Newtek Europe is a completely different company, trying to use your NT-E log-on is bound to fail.
It doesn't matter what you NTE user-name and password are, as NT (US) will ask you for your LW9 pre-release serial number on the Vue CDs. From that it will a) give you a chance to download 9 and b) give you the opportunity to get your permanent license key.

So, to reiterate: forget your NT-E username as it doesn't matter.

BazC
07-19-2006, 06:16 AM
Whoops, that wasn't meant to be as bold as that! But those aren't my words those are Newteks instructions taken from the pdf, they really are doing their best to help people out, no need to get p'd off with them!

Red_Oddity
07-19-2006, 07:15 AM
Well, great, it would have been nice if i would have had a email with info about that, rather than having to dig through this forum to get an answer for my problem...
It would also be a first as for the last 7 years i have ALWAYS been told you can't register or get your keys from Newtek US when you live in the EU, so, can you friggin blame me?

Whine whine rant rant, flame war...etc...too busy with deadlines and Maya right now since i couldn't get my hands on LW9 for the last 3 days, so, yeah, i'm a eensy teensy pissed.
I'll get around at trying to get LW9 final release in about a month when this job is done.

weeeeellllll, i'll just leave this entire message to remind myself that it sometimes helps to read an entire page rather than just ramming the first button that sais 'Download here'...
I just 'read' the newtek-europe upgrade page, and yes, it actually says on the main page i have to register at Newtek...My apologies to all, but hey, i'm an a$$hole on a deadline...

Kurtis
07-19-2006, 08:36 AM
We provided the PDF tutorial linked at the top of this thread in order to make it clear that it is now necessary to register at http://register.newtek.com, so all users will now be registered at the same location, and how to do so. I will ask our documentation people to look at the tutorial for ways to make the infomation more clear.

Red_Oddity
07-19-2006, 08:49 AM
We provided the PDF tutorial linked at the top of this thread in order to make it clear that it is now necessary to register at http://register.newtek.com, so all users will now be registered at the same location, and how to do so. I will ask our documentation people to look at the tutorial for ways to make the infomation more clear.

It just wasn't clear to me it also was for EU residents (as in the past we always had to register at Newtek-Europe), i just didn't actually 'read' the page in my frustration.

Kurtis
07-19-2006, 08:54 AM
It just wasn't clear to me it also was for EU residents (as in the past we always had to register at Newtek-Europe), i just didn't actually 'read' the page in my frustration.

No problem. From what we've seen over the last week, I think we can do better with providing more intuitive information in the future, and I'm going to see what we can do about that.

Anti-Distinctly
07-19-2006, 11:47 AM
Following the links made me end up at NT Europe (which I know now is wrong). I know have an email from a frenchman telling me to create a new account with newtek.com. Fair enough.

Registering a new account as instructed to do in an email I end up with:
This Email Address has already been registered.
Please enter a different Email Address or call NewTek Customer Service at 1-800-862-7837
Right. I only have that email address, so thats not an option. Calling the states is a bit awkward. Anyone from NT want to Skype me though, feel free :)

Using my existing account with newtek.com I get stopped trying to enter my pre-Lightwave [9] Upgrade after clicking LW9 in the 'register your product' drop down list with:
We're sorry, this serial number should be registered with NewTek Europe

If I click on the grey banner then input my pre-LW9 serial I get:
Serial Number entered does not match your demographic data

Oh, also the retreive lost user name and password thingy doesn't seem to work.

wtf.

EDIT: Ignore the password & username thing, I got it :) I emailed you with the info needed Kurtis.

EmperorPete
07-20-2006, 03:52 AM
You have an email, Kurtis. *tears a little more hair out*

Kurtis
07-20-2006, 06:03 AM
So do you.

Perambulator
07-29-2006, 08:51 AM
Hi.

Does anyone know how to get hold of the 8.5 update? I had copied it to a cd, and that disk is now corrupt.

Newtek Europe seems to be down at the moment, so i am unsure how to get hold of the 8.5 update.

Cheers

Rich

Mark Edwards
02-24-2007, 02:13 PM
I've just had to resort to rebuilding my machine and have attempted to re-download the 8.5 update again (yes ... I know I should have saved it last time) however, it would appear that the NT Europe site is not working (again).

To be honest, the issues I had registering LW8 and downloading the various updates from NTEurope is one of the primary reasons I didn't bother purchasing LW9 - for a software developer to have a public facing website that is so poor and unreliable is farsical.

cagey5
02-24-2007, 02:34 PM
Well from v9.0 all downloads are from Newtek.com and not NT Europe. You have your own designated page that you log into and re-download whenever you like. Pass keys are also stored there together with latest beta version if you are a qualifying member.

Doesn't help in this instance I know. But I would encourage you to upgrade to LW9, leave that frustration behind and take advantage of all the great things that are happening through this update cycle.