PDA

View Full Version : License Key Expired

caddaraman
07-14-2006, 05:35 AM
I downloaded LightWave v9 32-bit - Version 9.0.0 (Windows 2000/XP) added 07-12-2006). and installed last night, went to the registration page at Newtek (My Products) and aquired a license key for v9, Used this License key number in the application Registration utility, When I try to run v9 modeler or layout it tells me "Your license key has expired." Contact Newtek to get a permanent license key. (My Products lists lightwave 3D v9 as Purchased From (Beta Phase 5) purchased 2/14/2006. What do I do? I prepurchased v9.

Kurtis
07-14-2006, 05:45 AM
Have you tried manually entering the permanent license key into the License.key file in the LightWave v9 Programs folder?

caddaraman
07-14-2006, 05:48 AM
No I have not tried that, but am willing to give it atry if you would give me a breif instruction......and thanks for the quick response.

Kurtis
07-14-2006, 05:53 AM
Make sure LightWave (Modeler, Layout, and the Hub) is closed.

In your LightWave v9 folder, there should be a folder called Programs.

In that folder, there should be a file called License.key.

Open the file with Notepad, and enter your permanent license key into that file, including dashes. There should be no other numbers in that file when you're done. If there's a black rectangle, delete it too.

Save the file.

Go to the Programs folder with Windows Explorer or My Computer, and make sure Notepad did not add a .txt extension to the file name. If it did, rename the file to remove the .txt extension.

If you still have problems after that, please contact Customer Service. They are open today from 9:30am to 5:30pm CST.

caddaraman
07-14-2006, 06:07 AM
That seemed to have worked, however it is only good for 3 more days. I will have to contact NewTek to get a permanent key. Now this is what I call realtime support. You da man Kurtis.

Riff_Masteroff
07-15-2006, 01:49 AM
I am having difficulty getting the online registration to update the license key from "beta phase 5" to permanent.

The only serial number I have to input into the online registration is the ten digit number from the Vue CD. I don't have a fourteen digit serial number. The license key that is returned from online registration is temporary and only good for two more days.

BTW: I am able to access the downloads and live in the US.

Riff Masteroff

androidmaker
07-15-2006, 01:56 AM
Riff did you click on the red banner on the registration home page? thats how i did it.

James Edwards
07-15-2006, 03:06 AM
The registration wizard reported the wrong number of characters when I copy/pasted the license key from the email I received from newtek. Editing the license.key file by hand worked.

Riff_Masteroff
07-15-2006, 05:54 AM
Thanks androidmaker: clicking on the red banner worked. I had read about that previously but didn't quite understand. Now I do.

Riff Masteroff

Philbert
07-15-2006, 01:38 PM
The registration wizard reported the wrong number of characters when I copy/pasted the license key from the email I received from newtek. Editing the license.key file by hand worked.

This happened with me too at first, if you're using Thunderbird it seems to add a space to the front of the number when you copy it, so either delete that space after you paste or first paste it into a text editor and then copy/paste from there.

Kurtis
07-15-2006, 04:07 PM
If you decide to edit the file manually, there should be nothing else in the file. This incldes blank spaces, blank lines, other keys, or special characters, such as a black rectangle. You do have to enter the dashes with the key.