PDA

View Full Version : Z-brush scene

sudac20
07-13-2006, 10:37 PM
Why is it that when I set subdivision to last I can no longer achieve proper displacements? (using the lw 9 content zbrush scene) I hope I am missing something but would this not be pretty useless for animation???

NigelH
07-14-2006, 12:10 AM
Not really. The mesh has to be subdivided before the displacements can happen because the higher the subdivision, the sharper and more detailed the displacements. So the Subdivision Order should be set to 'After Bones' (and therefore, 'before displacements'). This allows smooth bone deformation of the mesh, plus provides plenty of polys before the displacements are applied.

sudac20
07-14-2006, 09:33 AM
Not really. The mesh has to be subdivided before the displacements can happen because the higher the subdivision, the sharper and more detailed the displacements. So the Subdivision Order should be set to 'After Bones' (and therefore, 'before displacements'). This allows smooth bone deformation of the mesh, plus provides plenty of polys before the displacements are applied.

When I set dub-D to “after bones” I loose detail in the mesh, not mention that a lot of plugins/deformers need sub division set to last in order to work. Is there a way to use displacements with sub-D set to last?? If not a lot animators will be very unhappy:thumbsdow (especially me).