PDA

View Full Version : Timewarp Trouble

Emfrobia
07-13-2006, 06:48 PM
Hey everyone, just playing around with LW v9 and i'm really having some trouble trying to get the new "Timewarp" feature to work. I'm following the tutorial on the documentation page, which is located at http://www.tufflittleunit.com/products/timewarp/Timewarp1.0_Doc.pdf.

When i open up the envelope for timewarp, there is no straight line which appears to represent time, but a diagonal which has negative key frames. If i either edit this or leave it how it is, then press the preview button and attempt to play the animation, my amount of frames changes and the time does not appear to be warped at all, except occasionally running time in reverse. I've posted a picture of what my envelope looks like for timewarp without editing any of curve:

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/4710/timewarphelp9op.png

Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks,
~Emfrobia

dablan
07-13-2006, 10:04 PM
Emfrobia,
do you have the plug-in attached the camera?

Emfrobia
07-14-2006, 07:43 AM
Yes, the plugin is attached to the camera.

Greenlaw
08-21-2006, 09:41 PM
We're not able to get Timewarp to work correctly either. It will play a Preview with the correct time changes, but when we send the scene to the render que the frames comes out uneffected by Timewarp.

We also tried rendering locally to see what happens, and each time the FrameWarp envelope somehow gets drastically altered.

It's a shame because the scene we'd like to use TimeWarp with is a perfect candidate for this tool.

-DRG

Steph
08-21-2006, 11:27 PM
Hello

I have had a lot of problems too with timewarp during the open beta test . They are random and difficult to explain for me in english. I thought I was the only people who tried to play with Timewarp cause I haven't see any postage in this forum concerning the disfontions of this plug :

- crash when calculating an image with Timewarp plug on camera
- strange comportement, difficult to reproduce, but append often when manipuling Time wrap, but not always. Lightwave modify the number of frame of my anim and the speed rate. ex : if my anim is 50 frame at 25 frame/sec, After making change in the timewarp enveloppe or after a timewarp preview, LW modify the last frame to 500 (or 5000) and the speed to 250fr/sec (or 2500fr/sec) !!!
- Blur warp seems not to work has it should

Hope this plugin will work soon.

I join the only test that I have done and that seems to work for me. Hope it could help.

warrenwc
08-22-2006, 11:43 AM
I've just started playing with timewarp & seems to be working ok, but kind of hard to wrap your mind around.
If "sub frames" is set to 10, It is supposed to increase your frame numbers X 10.
This is because Lightwave can't render fractional frames, & gives greater accuracy.
The manual actually explains it pretty well.
look on Page 440, either the printed or the PDF "Surfacing & Rendering" manual.
Also make sure your preview is set to the full number of frames( this got me for a minute).

Steph
08-23-2006, 02:33 AM
OK Warren, thanks for the tip. At least, it explain one of the problem I had with TimeWarp.
I had search in the Layout manual the timewarp chapter for a long time; It strange to have it in the surface and rendering manual!

MiniFireDragon
08-23-2006, 09:16 AM
I used Timewarp just as those docs had suggested (did all the tuts and it worked fine). You probably want to make sure the "Fractional Frames" is check in Layout.