PDA

View Full Version : 3D Art to Part ordering question

meatycheesyboy
07-13-2006, 04:25 PM
Hi everyone,

I recently ordered a piece from 3darttopart and am wondering from those of you that have ordered from them before, how long does the process take? I recieved my quote and placed my order two weeks ago but haven't heard anything yet. I was hoping it would have shipped by now but my order status just says "awaiting shipment".

Kurtis
07-13-2006, 05:36 PM
We recently placed an order for 25 pieces here (same object 25 times), which took about a month.

Auger
07-13-2006, 07:48 PM
I had to keep bugging them when I ordered something. I think it took about a month, too.

mcw
07-14-2006, 11:11 AM
Hey Kurtis and Auger,

Other than slow delivery, were you happy with the results?

Also, would the material take sanding well? I would ultimately want a smooth finish for the model I have in mind.
Oops - Read the site again, and this question was answered.

Thank,

Mark

Kurtis
07-14-2006, 11:17 AM
I actually wasn't really upset with the delivery time, considering the number of pieces.

You can sand it, but you want to be careful doing so. The material is somewhat soft when it comes to something like sanding.

Auger
07-14-2006, 11:21 AM
I had them make a spaceship that my buddy had modeled for a film he was working on. He freaked out when he saw it. Loved it.

The ship lost quite a bit of fine detail, but that's to be expected with this sort of process.

Jon

mcw
07-14-2006, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the heads up on the sanding. I'm not in any hurry, so a month is no big deal for me either.

Mark

meatycheesyboy
07-14-2006, 01:22 PM
Thanks for the clarification guys. A month isn't too long, I was just getting worried after two weeks of nothing.