PDA

View Full Version : LightWave v9 Now Available

Kurtis
07-13-2006, 10:44 AM
NewTek, Inc., manufacturer of industry-leading 3D animation and video products, today announced the availability of the latest release of LightWave 3D version 9.0, the next generation of the Emmy-winning 3D application. The new release is the first in a series of major rewrites and restructuring of LightWave 3D's core with the addition of comprehensive new features such as a node-based materials editor, optically correct cameras, adaptive pixel subdivision, Catmull-Clark subdivision surfaces, sub-surface scattering and vast render speed improvements.

Full Press Release (http://www.newtek.com/news/releases/07-13-06a.html)

For those who have pre-purchased LightWave v9, the upgrade will be available in a number of different configurations:

The FREE LightWave v9 electronic upgrade will be available through the NewTek registration system by download. The downloads will include: LightWave v9 Program, Online Help, Content and PDF Manuals.
The LightWave v9 Program CD along with the Content & 3rd Party Bonus DVD will be available for a nominal fee of $19.95US, for those who prefer to have the media. This $19.95 Media Convenience pack comes in the LightWave v9 CD case.
A full LightWave v9 Convenience Upgrade with Program CD, Content & Third Party Bonus DVD and the 3-manual set in the LightWave v9 box is available for $99US.

If you reside in North America you may acquire the LightWave v9 Media Convenience Pack or Full Convenience Upgrade through our online shop at shop.newtek.com (http://shop.newtek.com) or by calling customer service at 1-800-862-7837. NewTek Europe customers may purchase through the NewTek Europe website at www.newtek-europe.com or contact NewTek Europe customer service by phone. If you purchased your upgrade through a distributor or reseller we recommend that you contact your distributor or reseller to inquire about receiving the LightWave v9 media.

harlan
07-13-2006, 11:09 AM
Congratulations guys.... looks great!!!!!

ciao,

Jockomo
07-13-2006, 11:18 AM
When is 10 coming out?

Sorry couldn't help it.

Kurtis
07-13-2006, 11:20 AM
To use one of my favorite quotes from Chuck...

Sometime before the sun explodes.

manholoz
07-13-2006, 11:21 AM
Congratulations, Newtek, betatesters, open betatesters, everybody, three cheers, we made the best Lightwave yet become a reality! :beerchug:

lardbros
07-13-2006, 11:34 AM
Hang on ... hang on... so what do i receive for my pre-order???

Do i have to plump up more money despite not purchasing a DOWNLOAD version?? I certainly didn't pre-order a download version of LW9 and Newtek weren't even saying they were going to do a download version at the time?!?

So will i get a LW9 box in the post? or do i seriously have to spend some more money just to get what i ordered in the first place?

mjcrawford
07-13-2006, 11:42 AM
I am a bit confused as well, back at the beginning of this year I ordered the lw9 upgrade WITH the printed manuals.. do I now have to pay $99 to have it sent to me? Something does not sound right…

Kurtis
07-13-2006, 11:56 AM
It says that people who get a "free upgrade" get the download only.

If you pre-paid for an upgrade to v9 only (not [8] with a free upgrade), you can access the download now, and you will get either CDs only or CDs with the manuals (depending on what you ordered) when they begin shipping, which will be soon. We're just waiting for the printers and duplicators to catch up to us.

Earl
07-13-2006, 11:59 AM
To use one of my favorite quotes from Chuck...
That's a great quote, and I will have to remember that.

Congratulations on this incredible release!! I'm very impressed with your upgraded delivery system in general. Very smooth.

lardbros
07-13-2006, 12:00 PM
Ahhhhhh.... i see... thanks Kurtis for putting me out of my rage!!

So how can us lot who paid for the upgrade get all the freebie Dvd's etc??

mj3
07-13-2006, 12:00 PM
Kurtis,

Is it possible to order these Convenience packs yet? Don't see them in the store. Will the manuals be available for purchase by themselves?

Wickster
07-13-2006, 12:02 PM
Oh OK here to clarify (confuse) stuff. Let me get this straight:

Point 1
If I bought "Lightwave 8.5 with a free update to Lightwave 9" I only got the electronic download for LW9.

Point 2
But if I bought the "Lightwave 9 Upgrade" (with or without the manuals as options) then I would recieve the LW9 box with CD/DVD Media.

Am I right or am I right?

mj3
07-13-2006, 12:12 PM
you are correct sir!

Safe Harbor
07-13-2006, 12:24 PM
Just a reminder to those who purchased LW8 from us and got the free upgrade to 9... this will be shipping to you on CD from us, not from NewTek. At this point in time, it is not available via download. Should something change we will update you.

We will be getting the CDs from NewTek next week and your upgrade will ship as soon as we can.

ravantra
07-13-2006, 12:25 PM
Boy am I confused!
OK I purchased an upgrade for 9 a month ago. When I go to the registration page to get the download and it asks for my "lock ID". Question where do I obtain this "Lock ID"? Do I have to wait until I get the CD?

Thanks

Sande
07-13-2006, 12:30 PM
Ravantra: Lock ID means the number of your dongle. You see it using that registration utility which is inside Lightwave's program directory.

JeffRutan
07-13-2006, 12:31 PM
Has anyone actually successfully downloaded 9.0 today?

My Products lists new license keys for 9.0 and insturctions to go to My Downloads to get the upgrade, but 9.0 does not appear in My Downloads???

I thought it might be a Mac thing, but tried in Windows XP with same results.

Is it really ready yet?

-Jeff

KillMe
07-13-2006, 12:31 PM
more to the point i went to downlaod from the newtek europe site - get to the put you account name and password - discover it not the one i have for the forums - go to the restrieve password and login and the page isn't displaying properly and even when i used it anyway get told my loging isn't there and niehter is my email

- anyone else having this problem? as i cant get my lw 9 =/

dgon64
07-13-2006, 01:15 PM
I guess some people have had luck downloading LW9 but I still can't find the link either on IE or Mozilla-any suggestions?

ravantra
07-13-2006, 01:28 PM
Ravantra: Lock ID means the number of your dongle. You see it using that registration utility which is inside Lightwave's program directory.

Thanks Sande you rock! :thumbsup:

This whole process and is very confusing. From obtaining the Lock ID which I'm sure I obtained before like 2 years ago, then finding the correct web page to go to, then figuring out whether you're entitled to a download, a download and CD, a CD only, a download a CD and a shot of whiskey, couple this with the EXCITEMENT of get new software and the incoherent thought process that this produces and you have a mess......end rant.
Can't Newtek just email a link and a description of what the are entitled to and what to do?

DonLao
07-13-2006, 01:40 PM
Well, I'm waiting for mine too. Will I be eligible for a free download of LW Cad when my LW9 arrive? I ordered 8.5 plus a free upgrade to v9 three months ago and there is a free LW Cad in the bundle, but I haven't installed any of it and had yet to download LW cad...:lwicon:

author
07-13-2006, 01:41 PM
I guess some people have had luck downloading LW9 but I still can't find the link either on IE or Mozilla-any suggestions?

The link just plain is not there... The register site SAYS it is and you can download but there's not a link on the MyDownloads page. Hopefully, someone from NewTek will get around to kicking the server before we all go bonkers from anticipation. :help:

Plakkie
07-13-2006, 01:56 PM
Aaah, the panickfull hours after release. So: I registered my free upgrade to LW9, but there is nothing to download. Is it correct that I'm not the only one experiencing this problem?
A bit harsh, all those messages and mails that congratulate me with obtaining LW 9 when I haven't got it. But, I assume someone will get those servers corrected?

dgon64
07-13-2006, 02:06 PM
My guess would be that it's first available to the beta testers and this would only be right since they're the ones who went to all the trouble of working out the kinks so time to stop dawdling on my part and get some work done.

Kurtis
07-13-2006, 02:10 PM
Log-in to the registration site at http://register.newtek.com

Click on the banner that says "LightWave v9/Your Upgrade Is Now Available/Click Here".

If that doesn't work, click on the banner that says "LightWave v9/Now Available/Click Here For More Info".

If neither of those work, contact Customer Service for your area.

Kurtis
07-13-2006, 02:13 PM
If you purchased LightWave [8], which qualified you for a free upgrade to LightWave v9, you get your upgrade via download. If you would like to purchase the physical products, you will be able to do so by contacting Sales or going to http://shop.newtek.com, or your reseller if you are outside the US.

If you pre-purchased the upgrade to LightWave v9 only, you can access the download now, AND you will receive either the CD/DVD only or the CD/DVD and printed manuals (depending on what you purchased) when they begin shipping soon.

Plakkie
07-13-2006, 02:17 PM
Well Kurtis, both banners give me a succesful registration, but nothing to download. I'll just try and get some sleep now and see if tomorrow the serverproblem is solved...

author
07-13-2006, 02:20 PM
Log-in to the registration site at http://register.newtek.com

Click on the banner that says "LightWave v9/Your Upgrade Is Now Available/Click Here".

If that doesn't work, click on the banner that says "LightWave v9/Now Available/Click Here For More Info".

If neither of those work, contact Customer Service for your area.

Thanks, Kurtis... but, been there, done that... several times. Your site is just not working.

Sent email to Customer Service about three hours ago... they have not replied.

Could you please post what the problem is and how long we'll have to wait?

Thanks!

author
07-13-2006, 02:20 PM
Well Kurtis, both banners give me a succesful registration, but nothing to download. I'll just try and get some sleep now and see if tomorrow the serverproblem is solved...

same here

dgon64
07-13-2006, 02:21 PM
Same here-pre-purchased the upgrade to LW9 when it first came out and I have my serial numbers but no download link appears. I'll go with your suggestion to contact customer service but I'm willing to bet they're swamped.

Tiger
07-13-2006, 02:23 PM
more to the point i went to downlaod from the newtek europe site - get to the put you account name and password - discover it not the one i have for the forums - go to the restrieve password and login and the page isn't displaying properly and even when i used it anyway get told my loging isn't there and niehter is my email

- anyone else having this problem? as i cant get my lw 9 =/

Yes...I mailed them about this and lets see what happens :goodluck:

Firestar3D
07-13-2006, 02:28 PM
Kurtis: I'll post this question over at SpinQuad just in case you get it there first too, but...

If I purchase an upgrade to LW9 (I've had 8.5 since it was released and bought 8.0 in October 2004) will I also get a download link? Or will I have to wait until the media is delivered to me?

ravantra
07-13-2006, 02:33 PM
Yep. Same problem as everyone else. No download link just a lot of hoop jumping. Will try later.:thumbsdow

author
07-13-2006, 02:34 PM
UPDATE!

Finally got through to Customer Service... I was told "we are changing the website now, give us 35 or 40 minutes."

:agree:

So, someone knows there's a problem and is fixing it.

--Ralph

ravantra
07-13-2006, 02:35 PM
Just got an email stating LWCAD 2.0 just released...I don't want to even see it yet. One toy at a time.

author
07-13-2006, 02:46 PM
UPDATE!

Finally got through to Customer Service... I was told "we are changing the website now, give us 35 or 40 minutes."

:agree:

So, someone knows there's a problem and is fixing it.

--Ralph

YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLL!

Links are now there.

I'm a gone downloading!

Wickster
07-13-2006, 02:47 PM
All you people are clicking the "Registration Link" the banner, red box and stuff are the Registration Link. This link will let you get your permanent Liscence key and key only. The download I got was over at the "my downloads"

Though there is an issue with the customers at Europe not seeing the download not the registration link so that may be the issue at hand.

ThriJ
07-13-2006, 02:48 PM
It is strange how the download was up for some and not for others.:confused:

I am so excited…:D :D :D

Now that the beta testing for 9 is over I am going to get to work my CG projects!!!!!!:boogiedow :dance: :boogiedow :hammer:

author
07-13-2006, 02:55 PM
All you people are clicking the "Registration Link" the banner, red box and stuff are the Registration Link. This link will let you get your permanent Liscence key and key only. The download I got was over at the "my downloads"

Though there is an issue with the customers at Europe not seeing the download not the registration link so that may be the issue at hand.

Nope, WicKster ... the problem was that after registering and the system telling you that the download link was at MyDownloads, it was not.

But... they've fixed it now and I am currently downloading.

Bless the little gnomes down in the basement who shovel coal into the webservers and keep them burning brightly!

ravantra
07-13-2006, 02:57 PM
Got It. Here is where to click.

Kurtis
07-13-2006, 03:03 PM
For those that are having trouble registering, you will need to contact Customer Service for your area.

For those that are able to register, but are having trouble seeing the download links, this problem should now be corrected. Please try again.

Wickster
07-13-2006, 03:04 PM
Nope, WicKster ... the problem was that after registering and the system telling you that the download link was at MyDownloads, it was not.

But... they've fixed it now and I am currently downloading.

Bless the little gnomes down in the basement who shovel coal into the webservers and keep them burning brightly!
Ahhh Ok. I thought everyone was expecting to see a download link on the registration link. It is wierd how it works for others and doesn't for others. Well happy Lightwavin 9 for yah all. :)

I think I hear a sigh of relief from Lightwavers around the globe.

iainbyoung
07-13-2006, 03:09 PM
Not working for me. I get to the downloads page ok, click the lw9 download link, and small window pops up telling me that the download will begin in 20 seconds, then it redirects to a page not found error.

rhortman
07-13-2006, 03:09 PM
The downloads not showing up for some users issue is now resolved.. Sorry about that - if you return to the 'my downloads' page and you should see the v9 downloads now.

Also, here is the registration tutorial for registering your v9..

http://www.newtek.com/includes/pdfs/registration_instructions.pdf

dgon64
07-13-2006, 03:11 PM
Yess! Downloading now-thanks again Newtek. Not only do you guys deserve some time off after today but I bet your servers could do with a vacation real soon too. Where do I PayPal you guys a drink Saturday night? Wish I could be there -so Saturday I'll raise a pint ( or two ) to you'all and Cheers!

iainbyoung
07-13-2006, 03:13 PM
Scrub that. Downloading now. I guess your servers must be rather heavily loaded. It worked on about the 10th attempt :)

KillMe
07-13-2006, 03:13 PM
how about fixing the password and account retrival system - as clearly i've registered my lw 9 beta but apparently not with the same login as the forums ( cant say i ever recall entering logins and stuff for anything - jsut recall entering my serial numbers etc )

anyway i cant get into my account so no way to get the downloads even if thats fixed

author
07-13-2006, 03:19 PM
Alas, the saga continues. I got about 20MB downloaded and the connection bombed. Now I just get a page error when attempting to download--probably because NewTek is being overwhelmed by traffic.

*sigh* ... but, I know the wait will be worth it.

Kurtis
07-13-2006, 03:20 PM
We are currently at 10x our highest normal bandwidth usage. You might want to wait and try again a little later.

*Pete*
07-13-2006, 03:26 PM
i was sure that i registered under my forum name (at newtek-europe), but it doesnt work...

i have looked through all the emails i received from newtek but i cant find any clue that would let me know my username...and when i press "forgotten your username or password" link i get to a page that doesnt work...AARGH!!

maybe i missed something in the emails, looking through them again...

KillMe
07-13-2006, 03:33 PM
i was sure that i registered under my forum name (at newtek-europe), but it doesnt work...

i have looked through all the emails i received from newtek but i cant find any clue that would let me know my username...and when i press "forgotten your username or password" link i get to a page that doesnt work...AARGH!!

same prob =/ think the forgotten password thing is tied into the us database dispite being linked to it from the newtek europe site and as i'm not registered in teh states i cant retreive my password

what i dont get is why newtek feels the need ot update already workign registration system every single release - what was wrong with the regisration system that we used for the 9 beta or lw 8 before it????????? they all worked - this one doesn't yet

there is an old saying "if it aint broke dont fix it" and while i wouldn't want that applied to MOST of a 3d app, appling it to the registration system would seem like a nice plan to avoid all the hassle we get with each new release

Bliz
07-13-2006, 03:34 PM
I'm in the same boat as Killme. I'm a Newtek Europe customer, ordered the LW9 upgrade months ago, but no combination of username, password or email address is recognised by the website.

I don't know why it couldn't be the same system as the Open beta and Release Candidate downloads? I never had a problem downloading these and I was assumedly fully licensed up and known to Newtek (?)

*Pete*
07-13-2006, 03:39 PM
hmmm...so my problems are not becouse of tiredness or early (so so early..) symptoms of alzheimers syndrome, but becouse of newtek/newtek-europe reg problems??

is there any way to possible register (very fast) at newtek (usa)??..would it help?

*Pete*
07-13-2006, 03:48 PM
I MADE IT!!

at the download section....

to all who had the same problems, registration at the newtek.com site is fast...use the username and password created there to download lw9, good luck.

rhortman
07-13-2006, 03:50 PM
NewTek Europe Customers - you just need to create a profile in the registration system at http://register.newtek.com (if you've never created one before). And then enter the 8.0 serial number that is available for the free download.. (click the white banner to get there).. You should then be issued your 9.0 serial number to unlock.

Be patient with the downloads.. the servers are VERY, VERY busy... may take a few clicks before you get in..

KillMe
07-13-2006, 04:14 PM
wow - it recognised my username and password this time =) excelent - but now where do i get my activation code? under my products its empty??? did in my messing around create a new account? or it jsut not worked out i'm in europe yet?

rhortman
07-13-2006, 04:23 PM
The system knows all!! LOL!!

You need to enter the 8.0 serial number that is eligible for the free 9.0!! (The white banner)

KillMe
07-13-2006, 04:28 PM
ahhhhhhhhhh got it got it - but dont got lw =/ lol uninstalled and now cant find out my dongle id till i get downlaod finsihed =) well at elast amkign progress 45 mins all should be good

goodrichm
07-13-2006, 04:44 PM
My NewTek downloads page now only lists LW9 files!

All my VT4 & LW8 files are missing. Anyone else in the same boat? Mark

rhortman
07-13-2006, 04:51 PM
Is the account you registered your VT[4] and LW[8] in? Did you create another account to register just your LW v9 seperately in? What country did are you in?

goodrichm
07-13-2006, 05:15 PM
Same account I've been using over the past several years. Been downloading LW9 betas from it up until RC23 Gold last night...Mark

Elowan
07-13-2006, 05:19 PM
It says that people who get a "free upgrade" get the download only.

If you pre-paid for an upgrade to v9 only (not [8] with a free upgrade), you can access the download now, and you will get either CDs only or CDs with the manuals (depending on what you ordered) when they begin shipping, which will be soon. We're just waiting for the printers and duplicators to catch up to us.

OK - I preordered/upgraded - sans manual - FROM a previous purchase of v8 - back-in-the-day.:)

Does this mean that I get the DVD's or do I DL the stuff and then pay extra for the DVD's (for backup)? :confused:

Also - I DL'ed the so-called Gold Master rc23 this AM before I got the release notification via email. The name of the current file is the same as the one I got this AM.

Wazzup widdat? Is this a new file or do I have the 'real McCoy' and where/when do I get a new SN? Email? Carrier pigeon? Inquiring minds like to know this stuff.:help:

Kurtis
07-13-2006, 05:24 PM
Did you pre-order the LightWave v9 upgrade, or did you upgrade to [8] with a free upgrade to v9? When did you make the purchase?

The file you have should be the final software.

Elowan
07-13-2006, 05:25 PM
Did you pre-order the LightWave v9 upgrade, or did you upgrade to [8] with a free upgrade to v9? When did you make the purchase?

The file you have should be the final software.

See note above. Was editting out some 'bad' stuff. :devil: Ordered it (LightWave v9 upgrade) very close to the pre-order announcement date.

millsron
07-13-2006, 05:32 PM
I am registered, and I have successfully downloaded LW 9(I think). I have yet to install it. I am trying to download the documentation. It is showing up on my download page, but when I click, I get a "Server Error/ in application".

Can someone tell me if the documentation is available? If so, what do I have to do to download it?

Ron

Kurtis
07-13-2006, 05:40 PM
See note above. Was editting out some 'bad' stuff. :devil: Ordered it (LightWave v9 upgrade) very close to the pre-order announcement date.

If you pre-ordered the upgrade to LightWave v9, you get both.

Kurtis
07-13-2006, 05:41 PM
I am registered, and I have successfully downloaded LW 9(I think). I have yet to install it. I am trying to download the documentation. It is showing up on my download page, but when I click, I get a "Server Error/ in application".

Can someone tell me if the documentation is available? If so, what do I have to do to download it?

Ron

If you're getting that, it means our servers are overloaded right now, and you should try again later.

goodrichm
07-13-2006, 05:41 PM
I just downloaded the docs. The server is probably too busy. You just have to keep trying to download or wait until later when things aren't so hectic...

GCL
07-13-2006, 05:44 PM
Just a need to know and what other users are doing...

When I download LW 9 and ready to install, do I install OVER lw 8.5 or create a new directory and installation of LW 9 by itself ?

If I install LW 9 as a seperate program apart from LW 8.5, do I have to re-install ALL the plugins or is there a quick, safe way to transfer them ?

As many of you may have several (dozens) plugins to install it could be a pain.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for any feedback.

Elowan
07-13-2006, 05:47 PM
If you pre-ordered the upgrade to LightWave v9, you get both.

Yowsah!! And registered new version. Yowsah again!! Thnx ace!!

Bliz
07-13-2006, 05:50 PM
Just a quick note to say I'm currently successfully downloading the various LW9 files. I'm having to do this in IE6 as FireFox crashes when I try and download these files. It might be something to do with the flash security notice mentioned at the bottom of the download page but I haven't followed the link yet.

Can't wait to get serious with LW9 now!

Kurtis
07-13-2006, 05:52 PM

When I download LW 9 and ready to install, do I install OVER lw 8.5 or create a new directory and installation of LW 9 by itself ?

If I install LW 9 as a seperate program apart from LW 8.5, do I have to re-install ALL the plugins or is there a quick, safe way to transfer them ?

If you use the default installation, LightWave v9 should install into a completely separate folder with completely separate config files. Just to be safe though, we recommend you backup your [8] configs and license.key file before installing v9.

You will have to install after-market plug-ins into v9 separately, as they are stored in a v9-specific config file. You should be able to do this quickly by putting the files into the appropriate folders in the v9/Plug-Ins folder, and doing a Edit Plug-Ins/Scan Directory from within either Layout or Modeler.

Ambival
07-13-2006, 06:21 PM
Hmmm.. I can download 9, but am upgrading from 7.5. How do I receive my S/N? (p.s., the old dongle works fine). When trying to get the upgrade, it says my 10-digit LW 7 code doesn't work.

charlestwoods
07-13-2006, 06:39 PM
Well, Discovery Edition is fun until I get my License Key. :foreheads:

TowerFan
07-13-2006, 07:13 PM
Read all posts here and haven't seen this one yet.

Downloaded upgrade file. Installed LW_v9. Went to the registration panel, typed in my LW_v8 License key and got this error message "Bad license key format. Check the number and try again." Tried several times, with and without dashes. Without dashes it says "Wrong number of characters".

Do I have to get a new lic key for v9?? Couldn't figure that out on the registration site either.

Please help if you know what's going on. Thanks!

DrZen
07-13-2006, 07:32 PM
I have the same problem with the license key. It seems to me that the V8-Key should work. It doesn't. It doesn't even work to copy the keyfile from 8 to 9.

Thank you very much in advance.

Elowan
07-13-2006, 08:07 PM
Go to Registration and log in. Right under the drop down on the left - you should see a button that says: 'Lightwave v9. Your upgrade is available. Click here now.'

DrZen
07-13-2006, 08:27 PM
Thank you very much, it works!

TowerFan
07-13-2006, 08:30 PM
We're not as think as you dumb we are!?!?!

Thanks!

xeno3d
07-13-2006, 09:16 PM
So for someone possibly looking to buy a new license of Lightwave, are the ful versions available? only thing in the store are upgrades and safe harbor says coming soon for full versions.

csquared63
07-13-2006, 09:21 PM
EDIT: Nevermind. Got it. For some reason the registration page wasn't showing up in IE6, but Firefox was OK.

-Carl

I followed the "Your upgrade is available" link and I downloaded the WinXP 32-bit zip file and it seems to contain the same release candidate from yesterday, 7/12.

Is it different? Where do I get my new reg#?

Thanks,

Carl

monovich
07-13-2006, 09:28 PM
FTP errors for me. no biggie. I'll grab it tomorrow.

dablan
07-13-2006, 09:59 PM
Got It. Here is where to click.

Actually, I clicked the My Downloads - but upon talking to the fine folks at NewTek, you should click on that big red image! Duh. As soon as I did that, got my license codes, lickity split!

ShawnStovall
07-13-2006, 10:30 PM
Every thing went smooth for me... although I do have some missing content.:stumped:

Thor Simpson
07-13-2006, 10:37 PM
Every thing went smooth for me... although I do have some missing content.:stumped:
Did you move your old content directory into the new Lightwave 9 folder and also install the bonus content from the new zip?

Elowan
07-13-2006, 11:19 PM
EDIT: Nevermind. Got it. For some reason the registration page wasn't showing up in IE6, but Firefox was OK.

-Carl

I followed the "Your upgrade is available" link and I downloaded the WinXP 32-bit zip file and it seems to contain the same release candidate from yesterday, 7/12.

Is it different? Where do I get my new reg#?

Thanks,

Carl

Kirk from Newtek tells me they're the same.

A Mejias
07-14-2006, 05:20 AM
OK, if we bought our LW 9 Only Pre-Upgrade from Kurv Studios who will send us our CDs/DVDs? NewTek or Kurv?

Just a reminder to those who purchased LW8 from us and got the free upgrade to 9... this will be shipping to you on CD from us, not from NewTek. At this point in time, it is not available via download. Should something change we will update you.

We will be getting the CDs from NewTek next week and your upgrade will ship as soon as we can.

If you purchased LightWave [8], which qualified you for a free upgrade to LightWave v9, you get your upgrade via download. If you would like to purchase the physical products, you will be able to do so by contacting Sales or going to http://shop.newtek.com, or your reseller if you are outside the US.

If you pre-purchased the upgrade to LightWave v9 only, you can access the download now, AND you will receive either the CD/DVD only or the CD/DVD and printed manuals (depending on what you purchased) when they begin shipping soon.

starbase1
07-14-2006, 05:43 AM

Backup your content AND install to new folder. (The 8.5 upgrade trashed my content somehow).

GwynneR
07-14-2006, 08:35 AM
Help! I ordered my LW9 upgrade from Kurv in January but the Vue CD with the 10 digit code went missing in the post and never turned up. Consequently I don't have the 10 digit code to register v9 with. I've been trying to raise Wes on email but to no avail. Who do I need to speak to to get this resolved?

colkai
07-14-2006, 08:45 AM
Contact Wes, he's around on SQ for sure.

GwynneR
07-14-2006, 11:31 AM
Cheers, I've stuck a post up there too.

Kurtis
07-14-2006, 11:35 AM
OK, if we bought our LW 9 Only Pre-Upgrade from Kurv Studios who will send us our CDs/DVDs? NewTek or Kurv?

NewTek

chatworthy
07-14-2006, 11:53 AM

Is there an online method for determining what I'll receive once shipping commences? I'm a bit disorganized and don't remember if I ordered printed manuals or not.

And, about the printed manuals: I remebmer with mild annoyance paying $99 for the [8] manual and getting black-and white photocopies. In a really nice binder, but still.

Last night I downloaded the video-res version of the new manuals. I am impressed. Can you tell us what the format will be of the printed copies? Thanks.

Kurtis
07-14-2006, 12:04 PM
Customer Service might be able to tell you what you are getting.

As to the manuals. The manuals for [8] were not photocopied, but they did have black and white imagery. The new manuals are printed with a different process, but they will have black and white imagery as well. There are three of them, and they are perfect bound (normal book binding). I believe the size is approximately 8.5"x8.5".

Wickster
07-14-2006, 12:31 PM
There are three of them, and they are perfect bound (normal book binding).
YESSSS!!!!!!! You are indeed the deliverer of news that is all good and great. I will go now and order my manuals. Thank you, thank you and thank you!!!

Kurtis
07-14-2006, 12:36 PM
Come on Wickster, don't hold back. Tell me what you really think. :D

gjjackson
07-14-2006, 12:37 PM
I had to do a search for the convenience upgrade. Couldn't find it by any obvious links on the upgrading page. Brian probably hasn't gotten around to that yet.

Kurtis
07-14-2006, 12:43 PM
Since we consider them upgrades, we've listed them under Upgrades in the LightWave 3D section of http://shop.newtek.com.

Direct Link (http://shop.newtek.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=9)

Wickster
07-14-2006, 12:45 PM
Come on Wickster, don't hold back. Tell me what you really think. :D
Darn, I got dust in my eyes again...excuse me I...I...sniff

I had to do a search for the convenience upgrade. Couldn't find it by any obvious links on the upgrading page. Brian probably hasn't gotten around to that yet.
By the way, is there going to be an option to purchase just the books? Cause I believe I'll be getting the box and the media already, so I just need the manuals.

sniff

Kurtis
07-14-2006, 12:46 PM
It would have been the same price. Basically, you're getting a set of backup discs for free.

Wickster
07-14-2006, 12:48 PM
Cool I get 2 LW9 boxes too. thanks Kurtis.

Earl
07-14-2006, 01:03 PM
I can't wait to see the printed manuals!!

I'm glad you don't offer a third option, Kurtis. Because if you offered a $200 manual upgrade for full color manuals I would have to buy it. :cursin:

Kurtis
07-14-2006, 01:04 PM
Actually, you get one.

We should have new images posted on http://shop.newtek.com of what comes with what, but here's the break down.

Upgrade with PDF documentation, you get a dual-disc case with the program CD and the 3rd-Party/Content DVD.

Upgrade with Printed documentation, you get a box, three manuals, and a dual-disc case with the program CD and the 3rd-Party/Content DVD.

Wickster
07-14-2006, 02:47 PM
Fair enough. I'll have to frame that box then so it doesn't get any creases and scratches. Thanks again.

By the way, how many Kurtis are there? Cause you seem to aswer a whole lot of questions in different parts of the forum, almost all at the same time? I know Lightwave doesn't have that powerful of a clone tool...or does it?

Kurtis
07-14-2006, 02:52 PM
All hail the great and powerful Kurtis!

:bowdown:

This message posted by Kurtis unit 1164.

jdsax
07-14-2006, 03:55 PM
At last, the upgrade to 9 is available. Alas, I'm leaving on vacation (after downloading it) and will be distracted by wondering what all it will do.

cgirolet
07-14-2006, 04:11 PM
what is the build of the final version last one i downloaded was RC23

build 998 - 10 july 2006

Kurtis
07-15-2006, 02:34 AM
That's it.

Mat
07-15-2006, 05:03 AM
Lightwave 9 :) the best just keeps getting better. I trully believe that Lightwave 9 has gone beyound my greatest expectaions. Well done, all the best, Mat.

wavk
07-17-2006, 03:14 AM

same problem here, either i forgot them or they dont work.
also the forgotten pass/name site is still not working/updated.

grrrr...

mlon

ps. lemme get this straight! ... do i need to RE-register my lw9 final or do i login and go from there?????
(though login seems not working.)

rhortman
07-17-2006, 03:24 PM
Same account I've been using over the past several years. Been downloading LW9 betas from it up until RC23 Gold last night...Mark

Mark - We are in the process of combining the system with NewTek Europe's and your products are still there!! :) We have now added the ability to have the system show all NewTek products worldwide that you have registered at any time at the registration URL: http://register.newtek.com.

Tryll
07-17-2006, 04:04 PM
Not going well for me.

I'm on OSX.

After each download of the LW9 stuff, the finder gets stuck, and must be relaunched before it will download another. This doesn't happen with anything else I've downloaded but has something to do with the fact that the download isn't happening in the browser but via some FTP technique.

So, I get all the stuff, and install, but LW won't accept my NEW keys, hot off the reg site - and tells me they are expired.

So I got to the support section of the Newtek site and write support an email about it in their browser-based tool. Click "send" and get a message that says it wasn't sent because of a server error.

So here I am. :thumbsdow