PDA

View Full Version : Final Cut Studio/Lightwave

Tony3d
07-13-2006, 07:37 AM
I just received my Final Cut Studio cross-grade from Motion2. I really want to get it installed, but I'm in the middle of a large 3d project using Lightwave, so I'm a little nervous about installing Final Cut Studio. Is there an easy way to uninstall it should it cause a problem with Lightwave?

Jeffers
07-13-2006, 07:50 AM
I really don't think it would cause any problems! I have them both running along side each other without issue.
However, it's not easy to completely uninstall so you may want to just hold off for a bit.

paul summers
07-13-2006, 07:52 AM
just install it' as it is working fine with no problems.

FCS 5.1.1 Decklink hd all working 100% lw 9 rc23 modo 201

Chilton
07-13-2006, 09:21 AM
Memory protection in OSX is top-notch. As a result, installs no longer can interfere with another app's performance, unless the install is disk intensive, and your other app is as well. I can't think of a reason why an install would be detrimental to LightWave.

-Chilton

marble_sheep
07-13-2006, 01:53 PM
I guess in very rare cases an install might mess up your overall system somehow, but I don't know of any issues regarding FCP-LW specifically. At my last job I had Final Cut, DVDSP, the full Adobe suite (including AE), and Lightwave all running side-by-side in utter bliss. So... sure... it should be perfectly safe :D

Tony3d
07-13-2006, 01:57 PM
Thanks for all the advice guys. I think I'll hold my breath and load Final Cut Studio. Has anyone had problems with 10.4.7? I need to upgrade that also.

gatz
07-13-2006, 03:32 PM
I'm running FC Suite (FC5.04), LW8.5, LW9(998) on 10.4.7 and everything works fine. The only thing that might cause an issue is depending on which version you'll install it may force an upgrade to QT. Rendering to QT files isn't a good idea anyway, but if you do...

The biggest problem I can see is if you're on deadline the last thing you want to do is unwrap an new toy.;)
rg