PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave/Modeller Synch instability

lordarka
07-13-2006, 03:42 AM
Hi everyone,

First off, I am working on Lightwave 8.5, using a G5 2.5GHz Dual CPU machine, ATI X800 video, and 6GB of RAM.

My typical workflow involves building a model component, generating the UV texture map, developing the texture for the component in PS, applying said texture, and checking it in Layout. This, of course, requires synchronization of model information between Modeler and Layout, and this is also where all the trouble begins.

I will occasionally leave LW and modeler open, as it takes forever to upload the model and work on it every time I re-start a session. However, it seems that after a while, synchronization between the two programs becomes sluggish, and often will cause layout to lock up. If I restart layout and send the object over there again, it will often crash while doing a sample render.

The act of constantly restarting layout every day is taking up valuable working time, and is very frustrating. I was wondering how many of you guys experience this instability? Is there a simple workaround that I am missing?

My texture maps are all .PNG files.

Thanks!

Arka C.

Chilton
07-13-2006, 09:17 AM
Hi Arka,

I'd like to find out if this is a time or memory issue.

Does it happen on large or small models, or any?
If it happens on smaller models as well, does it happen on small models as quickly as on larger ones?

And try this some time you don't mind losing a bit of work, as it might not work. -- Force quit the Hub. If that clears it up, let me know asap.

Thank you,
-Chilton