PDA

View Full Version : what is plug-in?

gase3924
02-18-2003, 02:47 AM
can anybody tell me what is plug-in because i am a begginer

focus3d
02-18-2003, 03:11 AM
A plug-in is an external program that you use in conjunction with Lightwave to add extra functionality.

For instance you can get a plugin that adds camrea effects or water effects or modelling tools that lightwave itself doesn't possess.

hope this helps

Focus3d.

gase3924
02-18-2003, 03:20 AM
10x a lot but can you tell me how can i add plugs-in
pls

Capt Lightwave
02-18-2003, 04:13 AM
That should be easy to find in the manual(s).

gase3924
02-19-2003, 01:30 AM
yes but i dont have manuals books if u know tell me or tell me where to find tutorials how to use lugs-in

hrgiger
02-19-2003, 02:16 AM
Don't have manuals?

Let's play $10,000 pyramid:
Land ahoy matey. Shiver me timbers. Walk the plank. Arrrghhh. Mutiny's afoot.

That's right. Things a pirate would say.

hrgiger
02-19-2003, 02:19 AM
but since you asked, you could try using your menus. Either modeler or layout/plug-ins/add plug-ins.

gase3924
02-19-2003, 10:27 AM
ok i tried but i cant
all the time i cant add plug-in
why?

pixelranger
02-19-2003, 11:18 AM
My guess is that it's got something to do with your crack. (software, that is...) Maybe you should play around with the standard features and if you find it nice to use and you decide that this is what you wanna do (either professionally or on a hobby basis), start saving up so you can afford the real version. You can get it for as little as 700-800 dollars second hand.

And then you'd have FULL customer support, no harsh comments from people who make a living of this and see you as the lowest scum of the planet, AND you won't have the software bugs (ignorance is bliss ;) )

Matt
02-19-2003, 12:35 PM
lol!

that's a bit harsh pixelranger, he might have just lost them ;)

Matt
02-19-2003, 12:45 PM
Aren't the manuals available online? or is that just for updates, I can't remember!

gase3924
02-19-2003, 04:36 PM
how to oder original version ore someone to give me cd-key for lightwave3d 6.0

hrgiger
02-19-2003, 06:24 PM
CD_KEY

LW-U-R-A-PIE-RATE-666

Capt Lightwave
02-21-2003, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by Matt
lol!

that's a bit harsh pixelranger, he might have just lost them ;)

LOL, maybe your avatar ate them...

Dodgy
02-21-2003, 07:50 AM
Go to www.newtek.com to find a list of your local supplier....

:)

Matt
02-21-2003, 12:04 PM
version 6.0 CD key you say, not a very good pirate either!!!

I've seen cracks for 7.5 out there, not that I need them as I have a lovely purple dongle attached to my machine, along with lovely big manuals and a white box!

nice!

:)

Epita
02-22-2003, 03:36 AM
i wont comment on the piracy issue, i cant affor lw at all. but to search for plugins go to the modler and look for an option to do so, make the directory the plugins directory and blam that should do it. Might crash, the pirate edditions are less unstable. i rember 5.5 that was bad...

Epita (whoops i shouldant have said that)

Skonk
02-22-2003, 07:36 AM
Im kinda in 2 minds about pritates, if someone genuinely cant afford it then to be honest id rather they used a pirate copy then not use it atall, as long as they do eventually buy it when they have the money. Maybe a bit controversial of me to say :) time will tell.

James..

EDIT: i suppose the arguement will be that there is the discovery edition for ppl to use if they cant afford the full version.

gase3924
02-22-2003, 03:15 PM
listen if you have money i dont so **** off
if you want to give me cd-key ok
and if you dont. i dont want your opinion about me ok?????

Skonk
02-22-2003, 03:16 PM
Taking that tone with ppl wont help you.

fxmodels
02-22-2003, 04:41 PM
HI,

I need a copy of lightwave and need free manuals. Also, I am special. I dont need to buy it like all of YOU have. I am different than you. My life and needs are FAR more important than any of you trivial beings.

Sorry.. I just cant stand to see someone have the nerve to ask for a Lightwave 6 key...

SCREW YOU Pirate!

Ok, now THAT is harsh. And I make no apologies for it!

Marc

Elmar Moelzer
02-22-2003, 05:32 PM
Hey Gase
I cant give you a CD- key for your crack(I dont have one), but you can ask a friend of mine.
write a private email to:
[email protected]
Just tell him I have sent you and he will certainly help you with your crack.
CU
Elmar

oxyg3n
02-22-2003, 06:26 PM
Chuck is a great guy he can surely help you. Once I had this very same problem and he solved it for me in a jippy.

gase3924
02-22-2003, 09:35 PM
10x man
i am very happy that someone is helping me
10x a lot

Userdelta
02-23-2003, 01:11 AM
someone is extreemmeeely bright.
this is like going into a police station and asking an officer how to steal their guns. hehe
there is humor in this.

hrgiger
02-23-2003, 01:11 AM
BRAVO Elmar!

fxmodels- Screw you! I wanted to say screw you pirate! first.:D

Matt
02-23-2003, 04:19 AM
this is funny!

Epita
02-23-2003, 04:49 AM
trying to not get caught up in this debate, i think i might be on the wrong side. But really coming to the official forums and asking for a Pirate copy, whada ya thinking... Seriously though, Chucks the man to ask about pirating LW

Epita

faulknermano
02-23-2003, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by gase3924
listen if you have money i dont so **** off
if you want to give me cd-key ok
and if you dont. i dont want your opinion about me ok?????

for a pirate you sure have a bad attitude. i'd imagine you being more humble at the least.

kids these days. seesh..:mad:

paulfierlinger
02-23-2003, 01:51 PM
Do any of you harsh talkers have any idea about Macedonia and the country's recent history? The ugly American is still well and alive on the internet.

Paul Fierlinger

faulknermano
02-23-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by paulfierlinger
Do any of you harsh talkers have any idea about Macedonia and the country's recent history? The ugly American is still well and alive on the internet.

Paul Fierlinger

dont mean to push this way OT, but it's possible to oblige me, could you explain what you mean? or are you just joking? :)

paulfierlinger
02-23-2003, 07:10 PM
I'm serious. A 17 year-old software pirate from a part of the former, war devastated Yugoslavia, now a struggling new nation, called Macedonia, where about 30% of the population lives below the poverty line and the average yearly income is a little over $ 4,000 should be treated with a lot more compassion. In his profile he says he has no job. The unemployment rate in Macedonia is almost 30%. Hes learning English and hes learning to use computers in a skillful way. Hes honest and up-front and for that he gets treated with cheap shots and laughed at and told to buy LW on the used market for "only 800 or 900 dollars". I only regret my assumption that all the nastiness was coming from Americans, but I stand by my notion that the tone was that of dumb affluence and ignorance of the ways of the rest of the world.

Paul Fierlinger

faulknermano
02-23-2003, 08:47 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by paulfierlinger
I'm serious. A 17 year-old software pirate from a part of the former, war devastated Yugoslavia, now a struggling new nation, called Macedonia, where about 30% of the population lives below the poverty line and the average yearly income is a little over $ 4,000 should be treated with a lot more compassion.

i agree very much. i think _everyone_ regardless of background should be treated with as much compassion as well. but for me, and i only speak for myself, a person should exhibit some humility. it's easy for anyone here to tear down a person for whatever inane reason. what more if you gave them a bigger target?

hrgiger
02-23-2003, 11:01 PM
Oh I see, it's ok to steal when you're poor.

And yes, I'm an american.

oxyg3n
02-24-2003, 12:14 AM
Hrgiger,

You stole the words right out of my mouth.

In the last several years I have been fortunate to meet and make many friends from eastern europe, at my summer jobs.

One thing I have learned from them is that those who can afford computers are usually from wealthier families. They arnt any cheaper in europe and families make considerable less. For example, my friend who lives in the Slovak Rep told me that her father, who is an enginer, makes only about 500 usd a month (I can make more than that working part time). And computers there even cost more than here in the states. So, purchasing a computer for her family is like spending 3 or more months of salary. Thats alot to spend for something that isnt essential to life!

And those that I know, are university students and generally dont work until they graduate. This may be an unfair usumption, but I am guessing that if he has a computer to learn LW on he is proabably from a family that is not doing to bad.

Anyways, Stealing is stealing.

ruud
02-24-2003, 04:20 AM
Hi guys... why are you all acusing him of something he didn't do... My dutch dictionary sais that stealing is 'to take away'. Now if he stole the software that would mean that we can't buy it, because he has it in his posession and Newtek would have to program Lightwave all over again from scratch...

Well damn you than "gase3924"!! because that way it will take forever that they can finally release LW8.

So if guys you do accuse him of something... Let's accuse him for copying the software... and that isn't as horrible as stealing :)

See ya..!!

Ruuterdetuuter!

feckit
02-24-2003, 05:17 AM
Look at it this way - Newtek aren't losing a penny if gase uses a pirate copy, since he wasn't going to buy it anyway. It's either use a pirate copy, or don't use it at all. Piracy only becomes a problem when the people using the pirated copiescan afford to buy it, and maybe would have bought it if a pirate copy hadn't been available. I don't think the latter applies in this case.

fxmodels
02-24-2003, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by feckit
Look at it this way - Newtek aren't losing a penny if gase uses a pirate copy, since he wasn't going to buy it anyway. It's either use a pirate copy, or don't use it at all. Piracy only becomes a problem when the people using the pirated copiescan afford to buy it, and maybe would have bought it if a pirate copy hadn't been available. I don't think the latter applies in this case.

Now I have heard EVERYTHING. I think I am going to go down to the car dealership and steal a car... I should be able to do that since I CANNOT afford a new car just yet. BUT, if I steal a candy bar, welllllll THATS a different story since I CAN afford one of those!!!

Throw the book at me!!! hehehehehe

Oh yeah, and what happens when this pirate who CANT afford LW gets a paying contract with it? What is the motivation to actually BUY it at that point?! Can you say ZERO or NONE?

Marc

ruud
02-24-2003, 06:18 AM
pointless endless discussion... as I said "fxmodels": Look the word 'stealing' up in your dictionary and read up loud what it sais...

Then search the word copy and compare those two... :o

Greetz!

Ruuter

paulfierlinger
02-24-2003, 06:20 AM
Cars and software aren't comparable. When you steal a car, someone has lost it. When you steal software, no one is missing it. BTW, in these countries they usually still have to buy the bootleged CD from someone -- unless they know where to download it from. It is a matter of personal pride to buy the real thing when you can afford it.

Paul F.

ruud
02-24-2003, 06:23 AM
I totally agree with you...!

And let the others go outside and go stealing cars... Because they think they can compare that... :D

Greetz!

Ruuter

hrgiger
02-24-2003, 09:02 AM
Well, if you want to be technical stealing can be any of the following, and this is according to an american dictionary.

a: to take or appropriate without right or leave and with intent to keep or make use of wrongfully.

gase3924 has done this.

b: to take surreptitiously or without permission.

gase3924 has done this too.

See here in America, we have companies. They make products. The only way legally to come into possession of those products is to do one of the following. Own the company that makes the product, buy the product, have it given to you (by someone who rightfully owned it by these rules and not a software pirate), or win it in a contest. Just because nobody is missing a copy doesn't mean that somone hasn't stolen it. that's the dumbest logic I've heard in a while. But you're right, it is a pointless debate. Especially since you're wrong if you think it's ok to steal.

The original point is though, we who have paid for the software aren't really interested in helping people out who can't afford it or don't want to pay for it themselves. So hell yes, if someone posts on the forum about how to get a cracked copy of Lightwave, they're going to be flamed.

Epita
02-24-2003, 03:23 PM
Yet again... I didn't buy LW. i cant afford it. However as soon as i can get the money, i am going to get it. having it made me want it even more... I d/l it too, cost me 50 anyway... now one has to buy stuff you can just download it... Anyway, I didnt even think about what country the guy was from, but for perspectve i have been to some of the worlds poorest countries, Nepal anyone

Epita

gase3924
02-24-2003, 04:36 PM
hi to all
i can see that someone is telling that i am a stealer or something like that
my parents are working 22 work days in the month and they earn 500$ together ind i dont have to spend money on food on everything for 2 months just to buy LW
that is inposible
another reason is that here i cant find it LW noone is selling
and if he was it will be maybe 1000$ or more so i dont have to eat for 3 months so i will be dead
and i realy cant do anything here
i cant find LW or any books for LW
amozon is not shipping in my country
i want to work in lightwave
but the problem is that i cant
i have some version LW6 and i have made something but i cant render it or i cant add plug-in nothing
and i am very sad
i found some cracks or something like that but they ddont work:)
so if someone have LW 6 and he want to sell it pls infor me
pls i need help tell me what to do?

Aegis
02-24-2003, 07:04 PM
Gase3924: Firstly, you've been asking for info on cracks for LightWave on the official forums of the company that makes it. Whilst I'm sure that not everyone who uses these forums has a legit copy of LightWave, out of respect for those who do you should not be looking for cracks here.

Secondly, If it helps, you can email me your address and I'll send you a copy of the LightWave 7.5 Discovery Edition which has watermarked renders but is otherwise pretty much fully functional and will at least allow you to learn and practice. I have a spare copy of Aura DV I can send you also.

Whilst owning software such as LightWave IS expensive (even for people like myself in the UK) there are other ways to use and learn rather than pirate software. Sadly, NewTek does not have a downloadable version of the Discovery Edition yet but I'm sure it's coming soon.

May I suggest you also check out Houdini from Side Effects - their Apprentice Edition is available for download from www.3dbuzz.com along with a free online course teaching you all the basics and setting you coursework which will be marked by the tutors at 3DBuzz. Houdini Apprentice also has the benefit of rendering images and animations without obtrusive watermarks which you can happily use to put a showreel together.

Other free (and legit) options include Alias/Wavefront offering the Maya 4.5 Personal Learning Edition and Softimage has XSI EXP 3.0 - I recommend them both. 3D Buzz has numerous video tutorials for Houdini, Softimage & Maya should you choose to try them out.

gase3924
02-25-2003, 01:56 AM
10x man i have send you a maill ,and i am waiting for replay
:):):) 10x again

gase3924
02-26-2003, 04:49 PM
hey can anybody sell me LW?

jb_gfx
06-27-2003, 07:44 AM
You can download any version avaible (including updates only) from www.newtek.com and install it without a dongle and it will run in demo mode (Discovery Edition).

riki
06-27-2003, 10:50 PM
Ocassionally someone will offer a version of LW for sale in this forum. so check back from time to time.

http://vbulletin.newtek.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=54

This person is trying to sell a copy for US$600 http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4316

Also check Ebay.com

gase3924
06-28-2003, 10:35 AM
THANKS TO ALL(this theard is old, so I buy LW a month or more ago)

rabid pitbull
06-28-2003, 10:47 AM
sorry i still dont believe you actually paid for LW, I have seen all your post here and at cg talk, and amazingly one day you say you bought it from a friend... more likely you just found a better crack and got wize enough to stop asking such obvious questions.

I wont believe you have LW untill you scan a image of your dongle and post it... i know you dont have a scanner right.:rolleyes: such bs to have so many thieves running around these forum looking for help.:mad:

Andrew_March
06-29-2003, 12:43 PM
He's a pirate alright

Had the same sort of problems with this Guy over at LWG3d

'My freind gave me Lightwave!'

That's right & I have a peg leg & wear a parrot on my shoulder arrrggggh ;)

paulfierlinger
06-29-2003, 01:51 PM
.... and it's more regettable for me because I started this whole thread by asking pity for him.
I should have known better; his attitude doesn't deserve pity.

Paul Fierlinger

Andrew_March
06-29-2003, 02:22 PM
I've just read this Guy's 'heartbreaking' story about how his parents work so hard & he can't afford Lightwave.

Well I worked bloody hard to get where I am & I don't whinge about it, Jesus i'd clean the **** off people's shoes if I was desperate enough & no I don't come from a well off English family, my Mum used to work seven days a week to feed my Brother & I.

Okay, so now i've got my nice house, car, wife, two dogs & a good job but for 20+ years of my life I was pretty much always broke.

If you can't afford it don't steal it, save untill you can afford it!

paulfierlinger
06-29-2003, 02:36 PM
I never liked this system of anonymous "handles". I subscribe to a user's group (DPSedits) where only posts signed with full names are accepted (meaning honnored by the group) and it works. There are no fluky messages and the level of discussion is very solid, professional and inteligent. This incident has taught me to more than ever distrust people who don't have a desire to use a solid name. What is there to hide?

Paul Fierlinger