PDA

View Full Version : HVdeformer

adrencg
07-12-2006, 10:59 AM
Does anyone know how to use it? I've applied it, and used the proper HV options(in it's little warning box) and upon render, I get black screen.

Nothing in the docs I can see on it.

UnCommonGrafx
07-12-2006, 01:01 PM
Try out this file:
http://uncommongrafx.com/examples/HVDeform.zip

Let me know if it doesn't work.

adrencg
07-12-2006, 02:25 PM
Try out this file:
http://uncommongrafx.com/examples/HVDeform.zip

Let me know if it doesn't work.

I looked at the example file setup and tried to do something similar in my own scene. I can definitely say that I don't like it at all. Overcomplicated procedure to get HV's to do something that should be a feature in the HV panel.

The whole rules and group thing is throwin' me. Thanks for the file link

UnCommonGrafx
07-12-2006, 03:10 PM
It may be throwing you but there's some serious power in this setup. I haven't hooked a whole scene together yet, but if all this stuff works one the scripting side, whew! it really is worth yours (and my) worthwhile for you to ask more questions for clarification.

Blissfully ignorant isn't a good thing in any endeavor. I'm a philosopher by training so don't take that as a personal comment. ;)

Read the manual on hvdeform; ask more questions here; and watch us all really get a handle on some cool shinola.

adrencg
07-12-2006, 05:06 PM
It may be throwing you but there's some serious power in this setup. I haven't hooked a whole scene together yet, but if all this stuff works one the scripting side, whew! it really is worth yours (and my) worthwhile for you to ask more questions for clarification.

Blissfully ignorant isn't a good thing in any endeavor. I'm a philosopher by training so don't take that as a personal comment. ;)

Read the manual on hvdeform; ask more questions here; and watch us all really get a handle on some cool shinola.

I hear what you're sayin'...

Sometimes, I just think the people making these things could at least be thinking to themselves "how can I make this so that the dumbest artist can use it?"

stevecullum
07-12-2006, 05:42 PM
I've been experimenting a little with this tool and have been asking the manual writers to sort out some guidence. (Fallen on deaf ears?) The interface IMO is not really in keeping with LW in general and it definately needs fixing up so ARTISTS can use it!