PDA

View Full Version : FREE automatic UV unwrapping plugin found !

Emmanuel
07-12-2006, 06:29 AM
http://homepage2.nifty.com/nif-hp/

Unfortunately its all in a foreign language, but the blue text is the download links to various FREE plugins, amongst them a FREE UVunwrapping plugin that seems to do what PELT mapping does...:thumbsup:

Dodgy
07-12-2006, 07:12 AM
Some very nice plugins there :)

pooby
07-12-2006, 10:34 AM
Those bone curve and IK plugins are wonderful!

The curve one especially. You havent been able to do that in LW

Castius
07-12-2006, 12:29 PM
My jaw is on the floor. The spline IK is simply the best thing i've ever seen. I'll be using this is every rig i biuld from this point on.

If newtek can look at these on how a spline Ik should work we will be set.

colkai
07-12-2006, 12:39 PM
I have to give great thanks to a certain person for putting me onto these, (Optimus Prime in black indeed, heresy! ;) ).

gerry_g
07-12-2006, 12:46 PM
* Concerning the utilization of the software of this sight *
Utilization of the software of this sight and redistribution do not care, you going freely, but
There are times when the copyright document file is separately attached concerning those which use the external library.
In that case, you can follow to the particular copyright document in regard to redistribution, the fish you ask.
In addition, concerning whichever kind of damage which it occurs with the use of this software, because the writer is unable to owe responsibility, beforehand acknowledgment.

Plug in for LightWave3D 7.5 Windows

For layout

[inbasukinemateikusu] (IK) plug in: Summary book room file
Plug in which like the backbone controls the plural bones: Summary book room file
Plug in which corrects the LWS file in one for plg_IK: Book room file
The command which converts animation to one for plg_IK: Book room file ??For modeler?
ULTRAVIOLET RADIATION mapping support plug in: Summary book room file
ULTRAVIOLET RADIATION mapping support plug in 2: Summary book room file
ULTRAVIOLET RADIATION mapping readjustment (relax) plug in: Summary book room file
Direction of the ULTRAVIOLET RADIATION chart plug in which lines up: Summary book room file
Plug in which stuffs the ULTRAVIOLET RADIATION chart: Summary book room file
Polygon reduction plug in: Summary book room file ??Game ?
The game for Windows XP: Book room file

GregMalick
07-12-2006, 01:11 PM
Dodgy/Pooby:

Since you guys seem to understand what these plugins do, could you give an English translation for the "Japanese challenged".

For example: what's this trying to say?

In comparison with IK of standard, it is specialized in the one for IK processing of the organic joint like the person and the animal.
Below it is something which forms the framework class of human body condition with this plug in.
The arm and the lower arm, and 腿 with the leg, has become the IK chain which consists of two bones.
The other region has become the IK chain where consists of 1 only the bone of everything.

And

Although the part like the backbone of the human body is controlled it can use.
Of the spline curved line which designates some item positions as the control point is thought hypothetically, in order to parallel to this curved line, it is something which the whole class of the bone is bent.
Below, 8 bones four control points (NULL) with it is the example which is controlled.

Castius
07-12-2006, 01:26 PM
What it's saying is that this is IK geared twards organic rigging.

It tries to deal with wrists and spin situations with differnt trying of controls. I still have alot of exploring to do but from the looks it it looks amazing.

Basicky it completly replaced LW IK with it's own. All controlers are set to keyframe. It does read the IK goal set in the motion panel. So I hope it also considers limits and stiffness. But it looks like it had it's own form of limits. I still have alot fo digging to do myself. But the spline Ik along is enough.

This combined with IK Booster could be an amazing setup.

blabberlicious
07-12-2006, 03:01 PM
Hubba Hubba!

The UV tool are very promising - but I can seem to get it to defibe the edges of the pelt via point maps or unwelded edges...

Anyone?

OMG!!!

IT's just like FREKIN Modo!

(Edit...better in fact)

1. Run MAke UV Edit
2. Turn Off subpatches (makes it easy to select pelt edges)
3. Click the edges you want
4. Adjust relaxation passes, etc.
5. Boom!

It even saves out your pelt selections on the fly!

This slays previous efforts, and it's free.

I need to runs some tests to see what give best results. But it is ALL there!

All power to Nifty!!!

ercaxus
07-12-2006, 08:24 PM
This just makes me want to learn japanese. I love japanese people :)

jat
07-12-2006, 08:36 PM
blabber, which one on the page is the UV mapping tool? Looks fantastic!!!

ercaxus
07-12-2006, 08:42 PM
blabber, which one on the page is the UV mapping tool? Looks fantastic!!!
Here:
http://homepage2.nifty.com/nif-hp/lw_plugin/plg_make_uv_edit.zip

That spline thingy and twist are awesome. Did you guys find this guy's IK less shaky or is it just me? I'll try throwing more stuff on it, let's see what happens.
Btw the game(bottom link) needs both mouse and keyboard input, there the guy shows his IK in action.

GraphXs
07-12-2006, 09:50 PM
GreatTools!! Wonderful Find!:thumbsup:

Newtek should put these UV functions in 9!

RedBull
07-12-2006, 10:30 PM
Yeah they are a good set of tools.

And i have to thank Phil, who is usually the one who trawls the hundreds of japanese BBS and finds these hidden plugin gems that he shares with others such as Emmanuel and myself. :)

BTW - Simplify Mesh also seems slightly faster than my old favourite Qemloss3.
And is fairly on par with XSI Ess/Adv Polygon Reduction tool, which is cool.

I really don't know where i would be without plugins like the TB and Pictrix or OGO and dozens of others really, they really add a lot to the LW arsenal of tools.

sculptactive
07-13-2006, 12:35 AM
This mapper is the best UV plugin I have used that works directly within LW. Bar none

tyrot
07-13-2006, 01:22 AM
dear wavers

the question is for how long this amazing plugins were available and we were totally unaware of them..

ANd what kind of hidden tools still out there in the land of big red sun....

That is a great find.! Thanks for sharing..

BEST

GregMalick
07-13-2006, 02:10 AM
Is this guy's name: inbasukinemateikusu ?
I have so many plugins I want to identify these in a folder by the guys name.

or gal's name

Rayek
07-13-2006, 02:35 AM
Well, I do read Japanese and if I had the time I could translate these pages for you guys, but alas... I'm stuck in this project that has to be finished in about two weeks.

In the meantime, use the rikaichan plugin for Firefox to 'read' the words. Btw, in Japanese the verbs come last. So you'll have to shuffle the words a bit.

Wickster
07-13-2006, 02:40 AM
Awesome plugins. Somebody should invite the developer here on the forums if he isn't one of us already. He needs a standing ovation for his efforts and skill.

Also try to get Proton to get those plugins so he could do a little video going for us. :D
Or hey, blabberlicious...could you do a video? If you have time ofcourse.

BazC
07-13-2006, 03:02 AM
Has anyone any idea how to contact the developer? It would be nice to get these compiled for Mac!

colkai
07-13-2006, 03:06 AM
This just makes me want to learn japanese. I love japanese people :)
They produce the most AWESOME plugins for LW, but what amazes me most is, most of them they do for free. This is another set to put along side ones PICTRIX folder. :)

Castius
07-13-2006, 04:44 AM
Ok I have broken down the IK plugins. I hope this helps.

This plugin uses the rest positon for defining the bend angle. But an angle as little as .1 is enough. Also setting a target can bend a Bone chain that is perfectly strait.

Pivot rotation can also effect how the Ik behaves.

Curve IK
http://www.steelronin.com/temp/newik/curveik_help.jpg

IK
http://www.steelronin.com/temp/newik/ik_help.jpg

Exception
07-13-2006, 05:54 AM
Is there a way to make it act so that it doesn't deform the polygons? I mean, like a rigid unwrap, so that you could print it and fold it together like a paper model? That's be awesome for non organic stuff...

Emmanuel
07-13-2006, 09:09 AM
Hi,

I have contacted flay now, so that these plugins can become part of "our" archive ;)

Nicolas Jordan
07-13-2006, 09:32 AM
I am always amazed at the quality of free plugins some guys make for Lightwave! I BIG THANK YOU to the guy that made these! :D :thumbsup:

umstitch
07-13-2006, 09:59 AM
the uv_edit plug is awesome, i will be using this and dumping some of the other methods ive been using

thanks nifty

(nice expl.castius thanks)

Pavlov
07-13-2006, 10:16 AM
awesome... i like so much the optimizer too, a lot of time saved in UV optimizing for baking.

paolo

Dodgy
07-13-2006, 10:22 AM
Those few plugins have already made my life a whole lot easier. Getting a few crashes, and weird behaviours, but I have to very little in the way of adjustment now...

jat
07-13-2006, 12:50 PM
Baz - you mean there not for Mac? - I didn't even check - Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

MooseDog
07-13-2006, 03:00 PM
Is there a way to make it act so that it doesn't deform the polygons? I mean, like a rigid unwrap, so that you could print it and fold it together like a paper model? That's be awesome for non organic stuff...

like this? (hope this helps)

my jaw hit the floor when i saw this plug make make this uvmap after i clicked the appropriate edges.

notice the credits they provide as well. cutting edge stuff, for us! for free!

Google for Least Squares Conformal Mapping (http://www.google.com/search?q=%22least%20squares%20conformal%20mapping% 22&sourceid=groowe&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8)

wish there was a way to thank the developers.

ercaxus
07-13-2006, 03:43 PM
Thank you very much for quick docs Castius

para^^
07-14-2006, 12:15 AM
best uv-tool ever!! thank you

BazC
07-14-2006, 12:33 AM
Baz - you mean there not for Mac? - I didn't even check - Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Doesn't look like it :(

Anti-Distinctly
07-14-2006, 01:32 AM
These look promising, and there I was thinking that I'll have to use Blender to do UV mapping with seams :) It does do seams right? That's the impression I got.

I really need to get on top of the plugin situation. What I really need is a database where plugins are located in categories and with ratings...or would that be Flay?

Edit: Baz...I'm sorry. You ever think of switching? ;)

Exception
07-14-2006, 01:54 AM
like this? (hope this helps)

my jaw hit the floor when i saw this plug make make this uvmap after i clicked the appropriate edges.

notice the credits they provide as well. cutting edge stuff, for us! for free!

Google for Least Squares Conformal Mapping (http://www.google.com/search?q=%22least%20squares%20conformal%20mapping% 22&sourceid=groowe&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8)

wish there was a way to thank the developers.

Yes like that, but yours seems to be slightly misformed too... no biggie... how did you do this? I've been trying but without success...

BazC
07-14-2006, 01:58 AM
Edit: Baz...I'm sorry. You ever think of switching? ;)

Only in bad dreams! ;)

BazC
07-14-2006, 02:15 AM
Is there any kind of contact info for the programmer in the plug interface? I can't find anything on the web page or docs.

Thanks for your help!

zardoz
07-14-2006, 02:16 AM
these plugs are really good...I tested the uvmap ones and they are awesome. The uvedit is really easy to use...I tested the uvrelax with a cube completely distorted and it doesn't round the polys like all the other unwrapers...if you change the area of your cube polys and click the uvrelax it will change the uvmap accordingly. the 'rotate uv to the closest axis' plug is excelent too. And the other one that mimizes the unused uvspace works excellentely too.
And yesterday, the 'curve something plug' for layout...saved me.

oh yeah, baby! go japan, go! great plugs!

now we only need a plug to help us stitch the polygons in the uv like maya has.

duke
07-14-2006, 02:44 AM
The packUV thing is so awesome - it pretty much completes the needed tools.

Exception
07-14-2006, 06:25 AM
so what's the Make UV plugin for, it looks a lot like Make Uv edit but when I run it says that it cannot unvelop the object...

DiedonD
07-14-2006, 06:41 AM
Shouldnt we have it translated first? Who knows whats the deal in Japaneese on that site! What if theres a royality, or a 30 day trial or something somewhere there written in small letters. Or, "By downloading you agree to pay the developer 300$ per plug" issue
Its just too good to be true you know?!
We oughta be more cautious!

MooseDog
07-14-2006, 06:51 AM
so what's the Make UV plugin for

seems kinda redundant to me as well.

Yes like that, but yours seems to be slightly misformed too... no biggie... how did you do this? I've been trying but without success...

without docs, i'm just bashing through with trial and error.

pic below demos quick picking of the seams, with right mouse button, hit make uv in make uv edit tool, and presto! yeah, the uv is definetly off, but..... it took all of 1 minute to create it, no unwelding, no re-welding, no nonsense, no hassle. it would take me another 2 minutes to fix the uv's.

i experimented on a head as well. seems the algorithim is happiest with a s%!t-ton of polys. on the lo-res head, the un-wrap was horrendous, but after freezing the model and tripling the poly-count, the un-wrap was perfect, and amazing!

Dodgy
07-14-2006, 07:21 AM
The standard make UV is for object where you've already split your object along the seams you want. The Make UV edit allows you to set the seam as you want, then try generating the UVs.

MooseDog
07-14-2006, 08:10 AM
The standard make UV is for object where you've already split your object along the seams you want. The Make UV edit allows you to set the seam as you want, then try generating the UVs.

now thatwould be pretty cool actually. selecting edges with the native tool is easier and faster than with theirs.

but my workflow crashes modeler with a runtime c++ error.

select edges, convert to selected points, unweld, drop selection, run make_uv (wherein i had no check boxes marked btw), watch progress bar, watch modeler crash :).

what am i doing wrong? :question: thx!

Castius
07-14-2006, 08:44 AM
Make UV edit worked fine with pre cut up objects. I don't see any reason for make UV.

MooseDog
07-14-2006, 09:01 AM
worked like a charm. thx!

Dodgy
07-14-2006, 09:23 AM
with the native tool is easier and faster than with theirs.

Ummm, actually, if you use the plugin's point mode, you can select the first point of a seam with the LMB, then click further along the seam with the MMB and it'll try to work out the most direct route between the two, making it very quick and easy to mark your seams. I find this quite quick, although it'd be perhaps handier to be able to store the seam in a selection map.

LightFreeze
07-14-2006, 01:10 PM
try popping up the numeric panel when you use UVedit :thumbsup:

Lamont
07-14-2006, 04:08 PM
Wow, this is nice.

Anti-Distinctly
07-15-2006, 04:16 PM
Hmm. Not sure what all the controls do really. Tutorial anyone? :D

KillMe
07-15-2006, 04:36 PM
ahhhhhh woo thats cool - works great - excelent find

Sande
07-15-2006, 04:46 PM
Fantastic plugins - many, MANY, thanks for the developer! :)
I had been searching for good unwrapping and uv packing plugins for ages...

nemac4
07-17-2006, 02:14 PM
Here is a slightly modified english version of the sample rig>

dalecampbelljr
07-19-2006, 10:37 AM
Has this been translated and is the a manual? I saw a translated version of this site a week or so ago and now I can't seem to find it? anyone? anything?.....

Castius
07-19-2006, 02:39 PM
Text break down of the IK plugins.
http://www.newtek.com/forums/showpost.php?p=408726&postcount=22

Curve IK videos
http://www.steelronin.com/temp/curveik_setup/curveik_setup.html
10 megs

http://www.steelronin.com/temp/curveik_ikb/curveik_ikb.html
3.5 megs

Plugin for muliselecting items and appling or removing plugins.
http://www.steelronin.com/plugins/SR_Add-Remove_Plugins_v0.1.2.zip

nemac4
07-19-2006, 02:45 PM

Curve IK videos
10 megs

3.5 megs

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :beerchug: :jam: :jam: :D

ercaxus
07-19-2006, 03:09 PM
Thanks again Castius.

dalecampbelljr
07-19-2006, 03:43 PM
Castius.
WOW! AWESOME can you posted the objects you used so we can dupicate what you have done?

Also; maybe I am slow but can you shred some light on using the UV tools?

stib
07-19-2006, 09:54 PM
Is this guy's name: inbasukinemateikusu ?
I have so many plugins I want to identify these in a folder by the guys name.

or gal's name

Ok. Just imagine you're an actor in a ninja flick (or a Kurosawa film if you want to be a bit more highbrow). You carry a big sword and say "hai" a lot in a very gruff voice. Got the idea? Now say the words "inverse kinematics".

-stib (try saying "steve" with the same accent)

nemac4
07-19-2006, 10:02 PM
Ok. Just imagine you're an actor in a ninja flick (or a Kurosawa film if you want to be a bit more highbrow). You carry a big sword and say "hai" a lot in a very gruff voice. Got the idea? Now say the words "inverse kinematics".

:ohmy: :foreheads

ercaxus
07-19-2006, 10:11 PM
Man that's funny. Greg should watch more anime :)

Auger
07-19-2006, 10:51 PM
I have been comparing the UV Tools to the Freelance version of Unfold3D and the Nifty unfolding is almost identical! :bowdown: Plus my version of Unfold doesn't do UV packing.

My thanks to the authors, whomever they may be. :beerchug:

GregMalick
07-20-2006, 12:31 AM

:foreheads :foreheads :foreheads

stib, I still would like to know the guys name.

gareee
07-20-2006, 08:03 AM
Has anyone deciphered all the options in the uv edit plugin?

Seems I have to select the atlas option first, and then I can select/deselect edges.

I attempted duplicating the point edge select someone mentioned with the middle mouse button, but that did not work here.

duke
07-20-2006, 08:17 AM
The UV packer is absolutely incredible! I haven't touched the unwrapper yet - it seems a little awkward to use - hopefully its updated with LW9's new edges in mind :)

Wickster
07-20-2006, 10:34 AM
Has anyone deciphered all the options in the uv edit plugin?

Seems I have to select the atlas option first, and then I can select/deselect edges.

I attempted duplicating the point edge select someone mentioned with the middle mouse button, but that did not work here.
The unwrapper is is awesome but the edge selection could use a little enhancement. Some times you have to click 1 million times just to select an edge or swap click from rmb to lmb. other than that its an awesome unwrapper. i do hope NT picks it up and use LW9's edge selection with it. Just this plugin with better selection method could be a nice little gift for LW9.1 I'd say. :) This is that "one of the tools that would improve Modeler's UV Mapping set of tools.

I haven't tried the rest of the plugins but i just unwrapped a whole creature I had to UV map in 20mins flat (including that million-click select flaw).

By the way...does NT know about this? I mean I don't see anybody from NT acknowledging its existence by posting on here...Proton? Chuck? Darth Kurtis? Jay? :D

Auger
07-20-2006, 10:43 AM
Wickster,

I don't have LW accessible right now, but there is a setting (I can't remember the name) that you can check that will allow you to see where to click on those egdes. It puts a little circle on every edge.

Or just select the points of the edge you want to cut and use one of the edge opener plugs at Flay. One comes with the UVNeter demo, I think.

But yeah, here's hoping this will be in LW 9.1... :hat:

Jon

Wickster
07-20-2006, 10:53 AM
Hmmm...thanks Jon. I'll have to look for it later today. Would have made my life a little easier yesterday. heheh. thanks again.

Dodgy
07-20-2006, 10:59 AM
To work with the point edge select mode, first select a point using the LMB. Then click anothe point using the MMB, and the UV edit should draw a seam between them, hopefully picking a sensible path between them. If not, undo the selection and click a bit closer to the starting point. Once you have that part, click MMB a bit further on, and it'll extend the seam. It's so quick and easy to use..

Auger
07-20-2006, 11:37 AM
Just tried it, Dodgy. That is better! Thanks for the tip. :thumbsup:

Jon

Wickster
07-20-2006, 11:44 AM
:foreheads

and here i am trying to break my brand new mouse trying to select individual edges. thanks everyone.

gareee
07-20-2006, 12:15 PM
I'll try that tip, Dodgy.. thanks!

BTW, since we're talking uv mapping here, has anyone found a box unwrap plugin anywhere? In many cases, I need to unwrap a box, but keep the proportions of the quads the same as they are in 3d.

I tried it with this new unwrapper, without edges selected, and just an organic type of unwrap.

Box uv unwrapping is available in many othr utilities, even uv mapper classic (free), but I'm trying to do all my uv mapping in lightwave now.

Also, is anyone getting reply notifications on this thread? I'm not.

gareee
07-20-2006, 12:25 PM
Ok, just found another good clue to using this and making selections.

Uncheck hide handles... it puts a circle long every edge. use those circles to select the edges easier.

I just did a perfect box unwrap.. but it unwrapped it at a 45 degree angle. Kinda odd.

ercaxus
07-20-2006, 12:35 PM
Did you realize that it has an option "Not Select Backface" that LW's add edges tool doesn't have yet.

btw: ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US :)

omeone
07-20-2006, 12:42 PM
wow

wow

:)

...and thanks for the explantions castius!

gareee
07-20-2006, 05:00 PM
I've looked all over, but cannot translate the text documents.

I did download a english/japanese word processor, and can translate the text document into proper japanese, but I cannot then translate that with any of the online translation services.

gareee
07-20-2006, 05:02 PM
I'm going to try something.. forgive the japanese post here.

EDIT

It didn't work. I tried to copy the japanese text here, and then use bablefish to translate this web page into english. No luck.

I also tried translation from korean, and both chinese languages I could locate, and neither worked.

Do we for sure this is japanese?

gareee
07-20-2006, 05:51 PM
OK.. Success.. of a sort.

I've managed to figure out how to somewhat translate the readme files.

First, you need to download the demo of NJstar, a japanese/english word processor.

Next, load the reame files into that. (You'll have the japanese characters.)

Now the tricky part.. if you copy the whole readme into google's translation option, it chokes on it. You have to "feed" it a paragraph or to at a time.

Continue until the document is complete.

Then of course if the fun stuff.. taking the translation, and converting that manually into english. (Most of the meaning is there, once you get how he's wording things.)

Here's is the translated raw uv unwrap edit readme so far. Maybe someone wants to run with this, and make it more readable? If not, The fish you ask! ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Plug in name: plg_Make_UV_Edit LW modeler mesh compilation plug in

It is ULTRAVIOLET RADIATION value formation plug in of the ULTRAVIOLET RADIATION texture map. The texture coordinate which parallels to form roughly is formed. It is the function which is similar to plg_Make_UV plug in, but

Mesh compilation plug it is in. It is possible to draw up the break of the chart of ULTRAVIOLET RADIATION.

With the point which is said differs. The chart, it points to the thing of the being settled of the ULTRAVIOLET RADIATION value which is connected.

The flow of execution of plug in becomes like below.

When 0, ULTRAVIOLET RADIATION value is drawn up in the existing ULTRAVIOLET RADIATION map, the object map is selected with the ULTRAVIOLET RADIATION map selective tub.
If 1, object polygon after the selecting,
2 where plug in is started, it is necessary, the side which hits against the pause eye in texture coordinate is selected.
3, ULTRAVIOLET RADIATION value is drawn up with Make ULTRAVIOLET RADIATION button of the numerical panel.
4, because of mesh compilation plug in, after the compilation ending it ends plug in with the space key and the like.

While using this plug in, it increases and/or decreases apex, please do not do mesh compilation such as modification of apex position.

Operation of plug in can be appointed with the numerical panel.

* Numerical panel ULTRAVIOLET RADIATION Map: Map name of the object which draws up ULTRAVIOLET RADIATION value is input. Select which can select the existing map with the button the right: Undo Selection which is selected whether side selective mode or apex selective mode: The side immediately before, Advance Edge which cancels the selection of the point: When this button is pushed, being touching to the side which the last time is selected, it becomes dead end it selects until the side whose direction is close,

Hide Handle: Not Select Backface which makes the steering wheel of side selection non indicatory: The side of the polygon which has been visible in the angle which is close to the reverse side, as for apex Advance Threshold Angle which it tries not to select: When the occasion where Advance Edge processing is done, angle of the side is larger than this numerical value it becomes dead end

Edge Data: Save Edge which appoints the file name which retains side selective state: When this button is pushed, Load Edge which retains side selective state in the file: When this button is pushed, side selective state is read from the file

Make Atlas from Surface: The Make Atlas from ULTRAVIOLET RADIATION which selects the pause of [sahuisu] as the divided side: From the ULTRAVIOLET RADIATION value which the map is done already,
Make Atlas: When this button is pushed, Divide by Surface which selects the divided side being automatic: The occasion where Make Atlas processing is done, try to divide with boundary of [sahuisu]
Check Limit: It appoints you inspect the time of atlas compilation which extent finely,

Error Limit: At the time of atlas compilation, it allows to some distortion, the designated stripe
Make ULTRAVIOLET RADIATION: When this button is pushed, following to the selection of the present divided side, ULTRAVIOLET RADIATION [tekusuchiyamatsu] [pingu] is done

Make ULTRAVIOLET RADIATION Fast: When this button is pushed, from usually high speed mapping it does with method

Approximation: At the time of ULTRAVIOLET RADIATION value compilation form is appointed which it closely resembles, When correct value is input into Approximation, which it retains the edge of form Relaxation Iteration which is appointed: The upper limit Specify of the frequency which inside does the adjustment processing in texture coordinate Boundary: When the edge (boundary) it appoints explicitly, Fill Hole which is appointed with this column: When it checks, after burying the hole, the map it does, with ULTRAVIOLET RADIATION value is drawn up to the map which sets “ULTRAVIOLET RADIATION Map”. Here new map name inputting even when, inputting existing map name, it does not care. Initial value is the map which is selected with the ULTRAVIOLET RADIATION map selective tub under the modeler right. Existing map name can be input with the button on the right “of the ULTRAVIOLET RADIATION Map” column. When the Make Atlas from ULTRAVIOLET RADIATION button is pushed, in order to become the same state as the pause of the ULTRAVIOLET RADIATION value which the map is already made the model, the divided side is selected. When the Make Atlas button is pushed, selection of the divided side is done once automatically. This it just initializes selective state simply, continuing, can compile selective state. * There is a possibility very long time catching in atlas compilation with the Make Atlas button. When at the point in time when the Make Atlas button is pushed, object the part it is done to divide with the divided side, considering the part dividing, atlas compilation is done. Because of that, when we would like to draw up the atlas completely anew, before pushing the Make Atlas button, please cancel the selection of the divided side. When (same as the selection of LW standard, the part outside the window is clicked, selection is cancelled)

When the value of Check Limit is enlarged, just that reaches the point where detailed inspection is done when drawing up the atlas with the Make Atlas button, but processing time increases that much. The designated range of Check Limit is 100% from 0%. Error Limit controls the size of the chart which is formed at the time of atlas compilation with Make Atlas button. When Error Limit is small, many the small chart is formed. When Error Limit is enlarged, merger of the chart is done, a larger chart becomes easy to be formed, but processing time increases that much. With 0, to everywhere it can designate the minimum of Error Limit as large numerical value according to need. Usually if from 0 it makes numerical value of 2, it is sufficient. In case of the form where the number of polygons is many, being memory insufficient, there are times when it cannot do atlas compilation. In case of such, please try trying Check Limit and Error Limit together in zero. The document of plg_Make_UV plug in reference concerning  other option.

With selective methodological side selective mode of the divided side, when in the center of the side the steering wheel is indicated (Hide Handle is not checked,). When the steering wheel is clicked with the left mouse button, the side is selected. When the side which is selective state is clicked for the second time it becomes selection cancellation. The side where it is selected becomes the break of the chart. It is possible to select even with the right mouse button. In that case not to be the steering wheel, please click on the side. In case of the selection by the right mouse button, other than perspective view, the additional selection by the mouse drug is possible. When it cannot select well with the right mouse button, please select with the usual left mouse button. With apex selective mode, when apex is clicked with the left mouse button, apex is selected. The selective mark is indicated in selective apex. While other apex, pushing the control key next, when it clicks with the mouse button, the side which you connect to the apex which now clicks from present selective apex is selected. Apex it is possible to select even with the right mouse button. In case of the selection by the right mouse button, when (not to be the background part) it tries to click 1 points with respect to the polygon which is indicated, it becomes easy to be selected. When Advance Edge is pushed, being touching to the side which the last time is selected, it becomes dead end it selects until the side whose direction is close. When previous click selection cancels, when the Advance Edge  is pushed, it cancels the side which is connected selectively. Advance Edge when it is larger than the angle where angle of the side where you connect is appointed with Advance Threshold Angle, becomes dead end. In addition, when it is below, it is dead end. When selecting: When it reaches to the side which is selected already at the time of selection cancellation: When it reaches to the apex to which the selective side of three or more is connected halfway lapse of side selective job is retained in the file, optional file name is appointed to Edge Data, the Save Edge button is pushed. To read the data which it retains, the Load Edge button is pushed. After retaining the selective information side, when apex is increased and/or it decreases, does mesh compilation such as modification of apex position, it stops impossible to read the side selective information file just. When ULTRAVIOLET RADIATION value of the model where the number of polygons is many is formed, operation becomes strange and/or depending upon memory insufficiency there are times when forced termination happens. In that kind of case, if it is another plug in plg_Make_UV , there is a possibility where it can process. To retain the selective information side in the file, making plg_Make_UV  plug in read, please use.

You utilizing freely, it does not care this software concerning utilization. Concerning redistribution, you can follow to the copyright document file which is attached separately, the fish you ask. In addition, concerning whichever kind of damage which it occurs with the use of this software, because the writer is unable to owe responsibility, beforehand acknowledgment.

erikals
07-20-2006, 05:52 PM
Yet another new one for UV, from Dstorm (amongst others, check flay.com)
http://www.dstorm.co.jp/archives/plugins/UVRoad/doce/index.htm

bobakabob
07-20-2006, 06:29 PM
Yet another new one for UV, from Dstorm (amongst others, check flay.com)
http://www.dstorm.co.jp/archives/plu...doce/index.htm
Today 12:51 AM

Erilals,
Very useful, thanks for the heads up.

mdunakin
07-20-2006, 07:20 PM
Thanx all, Gareee especially for letting me know about
this link and Catious and others for their extra infos.

EDIT: Dissatisfied Modeler rant, deleted.

Anyway, thanx to whoever made these awesome plugins, too bad it had to come to us this way though.

................md :)

MooseDog
07-20-2006, 07:29 PM
this is the possibility to thank you say for garee, not to be the steering wheel [tekusuchiyamatsu] acknowledgment extended :thumbsup:

md: not so sad to those who waited :santa:

Cageman
07-20-2006, 07:32 PM
Concerning redistribution, you can follow to the copyright document file which is attached separately, the fish you ask

Hahaha... LOL...

So... who's the fish? :)

erikals
07-20-2006, 07:37 PM
LW would not be the same without the various free plugins, and I agree it can be a hazzle sometimes to find them, but I feel NT is trying harder to please the customers now, so I'll lay low for a while. (untill I find a new bug, hehe : ) ) Thanks to all for the info(s).

mdunakin
07-20-2006, 07:58 PM
md: not so sad to those who waited
No, it's just sad that we had to wait this long, when with every release,
EVERYONE has CONSISTANTLY requested these features be added,
and each time, it's the same story that it's coming.
That was like 6 years ago or maybe earlier then that, really.

And again, I'll repete myself, "of course!, I'm happy that SOMEONE came
along with these tools", so I'm not sad that we got them, just sad that
it had to take a zillion years to get them, and then it's from other people,
not the people making the software.
They KNOW what we want, we've all requested these for years and years.

Anyway, guess I better delete my posting, as I'll probably stir up too
many hornet's nest with the truths about this situation LOL

Sorry if I offended anyone then, though I don't see how it could of?

.................md :)

gareee
07-20-2006, 08:27 PM
I agree. UV mapping has been around for a LONG time now, and even lowly applications like Hexagon 2 have uv unwrapping, and box mapping.

Layout is useless without content to use in it, and our content creation tools are very out of date, and lack some very basic functionality.

Where's the ability to box map?
Where's the ability to cut and paste uv maps into each other?
Where's the ability to easily save templates?
Plus look at all these free plugins that have some very basic functionality we all NEED?

Unless we see some truly amazing modeler advancements over the 9.xx cycle, I doubt seriously I'll be investing in newtek any longer.

mdunakin
07-20-2006, 08:47 PM
Yeah, and I am sorry I felt like I had to delete my rant, simply because
I think too many people were going to jump on me, but the facts are still facts.

Modeler keeps getting put on the flippin back burner, and it's what we need things updated in THEE MOST!

I even mellowed out my deletion reply LOL
It was longer.
9 was announced last flippin summer!, and still nothing was
changed with reguards to this whole UV issue, after all this time!?

But what you say, is all basically the same things I said, I just went off a bit more and
with more details about how far behind this UV issue has totally gotten over these years.

And thanx tons for that translation deal, that was a great help, for sure!

.................md :)

gareee
07-20-2006, 09:29 PM
Ok, another update guys. Here's the readme broken down into digestible gibberish.

If you read carefully, you can usually figure out what the author is talking about. I did replace some text to make it more clear, but not much.

It looks like the make uv plugin can load the selection from this plugin, and work in tighter memory situations.

Maybe someone else can go paragraph by paragraph, and reword it in proper english instructions now?

Here ya go:

Plug in name: plg_Make_UV_Edit LW modeler mesh compilation plug in

It is UV value formation plug in of the UV texture map. The texture coordinate which parallels to form roughly is formed. It is the function which is similar to plg_Make_UV plug in, but

Mesh compilation plug it is in. It is possible to draw up the break of the chart of UV.

With the point which is said differs. The chart, it points to the thing of the being settled of the UV value which is connected.

The flow of execution of plug in becomes like below.

When 0, UV value is drawn up in the existing UV map, the object map is selected with the UV map selective tub.
If 1, object polygon after the selecting,
2 where plug in is started, it is necessary, the side which hits against the pause eye in texture coordinate is selected.
3, UV value is drawn up with Make UV button of the numerical panel.
4, because of mesh compilation plug in, after the compilation ending it ends plug in with the space key and the like.

While using this plug in, it increases and/or decreases apex, please do not do mesh compilation such as modification of apex position.

Plugin options are accessed with the numerical panel.

Numerical panel UV Map: Map name of the object which draws up UV value is input.

Select: the existing map with the button

Selection which is selected whether side selective mode or apex selective mode

Undo Selection: cancels the selection of the point The side immediately before

Advance Edge which: When this button is pushed, being touching to the side which the last time is selected, it becomes dead end it selects until the side whose direction is close

Hide Handle: Hide/show circular handels along edges for easier edge selection.

Not Select Backface: The side of the polygon which has been visible in the angle which is close to the reverse side, as for apex

Advance Threshold Angle: which it tries not to select: When the occasion where Advance Edge processing is done, angle of the side is larger than this numerical value it becomes dead end

Edge Data: The file name which retains side selective state is appointed

Save Edge: which retains side selective state in the file:

Load Edge: When this button is pushed, side selective state is read from the file

Make Atlas from Surface: It selects the pause of [sahuisu] as the divided side

Make Atlas: When this button is pushed, it selects the divided side being automatic

Make Atlas from UV: from the UV value which the map is done, divided side information is formed.

Divide by Surface: Divide by surface processing is done, you divide with boundary of surfaces

Check Limit: It appoints you inspect the time of atlas compilation which extent finely.

Error Limit: At the time of atlas compilation, it allows to some distortion

Make UV: When this button is pushed, following to the selection of the present divided side, it does UV texture mapping

Make UV Fast: When this button is pushed, from usually high speed mapping it does with method Approximation.

Approximation: At the time of UV mapping value compilation form is appointed which it closely resembles

Boundry Preservation Weight: When correct value is input into Approximation, which it retains the edge of form it appoints

Relaxation iteration: The upper limit of the frequency which inside does the adjustment processing in texture coordinate

Specify Boundry: When the edge (boundary) it appoints explicitly, it appoints with this column

Fill Hole: When it checks, after closing the hole, the map it does

With UV value is drawn up to the map which sets “UV Map”. Here new map name inputting even when, inputting existing map name, it does not care.

Initial value is the map which is selected with the UV map selective tab under the modeler right. Existing map name can be input with the button on the right “of the ULTRAVIOLET RADIATION Map”

column.

Make Atlas from UV: When the button is pushed, in order to become the same state as the pause of the ULTRAVIOLET RADIATION value which the map is already made the model, the divided side is

selected

Make Atlas: When the button is pushed, selection of the divided side is done once automatically. This it just initializes selective state simply, continuing, can compile selective state.
NOTE: There is a possibility very long time catching in atlas compilation with the Make Atlas button.

When at the point in time when the Make Atlas button is pushed, object the part it is done to divide with the divided side, considering the part dividing, atlas compilation is done. Because of

that, when we would like to draw up the atlas completely anew, before pushing the Make Atlas button, please cancel the selection of the divided side. When (same as the selection of LW standard, the

part outside the window is clicked, selection is cancelled)

When the value of Check Limit is enlarged, just that reaches the point where detailed inspection is done when drawing up the atlas with the Make Atlas button, but processing time increases that

much. The designated range of Check Limit is 100% from 0%.

Error Limit controls the size of the chart which is formed at the time of atlas compilation with Make Atlas button. When Error Limit is small, many the small chart is formed. When Error Limit is

enlarged, merger of the chart is done, a larger chart becomes easy to be formed, but processing time increases that much. With 0, to everywhere it can designate the minimum of Error Limit as large

numerical value according to need. Usually if from 0 it makes numerical value of 2, it is sufficient.

In case of the form where the number of polygons is many, being memory insufficient, there are times when it cannot do atlas compilation. In case of such, please try trying Check Limit and Error

Limit together in zero.

The document of plg_Make_UV plug in reference concerning other option.

With selective methodological side selective mode of the divided side, when in the center of the side the steering wheel is indicated (Hide Handle is not checked,). When the steering wheel is

clicked with the left mouse button, the side is selected.

When the side which is selective state is clicked for the second time it becomes selection cancellation. The side where it is selected becomes the seam of the map.

It is possible to select even with the right mouse button. In that case not to be the steering wheel, please click on the side. In case of the selection by the right mouse button, other than

perspective view, the additional selection by the mouse drug is possible. When it cannot select well with the right mouse button, please select with the usual left mouse button.

With apex selective mode, when apex is clicked with the left mouse button, apex is selected. The selective mark is indicated in selective apex. While other apex, pushing the control key next, when

it clicks with the mouse button, the side which you connect to the apex which now clicks from present selective apex is selected. Apex it is possible to select even with the right mouse button.

In case of the selection by the right mouse button, when (not to be the background part) it tries to click 1 points with respect to the polygon which is indicated, it becomes easy to be selected.

When Advance Edge is pushed, being touching to the side which the last time is selected, it becomes dead end it selects until the side whose direction is close. When previous click selection

cancels, when the Advance Edge  is pushed, it cancels the side which is connected selectively. Advance Edge when it is larger than the angle where angle of the side where you connect is appointed

with Advance Threshold Angle, becomes dead end. In addition, when it is below, it is dead end. When selecting: When it reaches to the side which is selected already at the time of selection

cancellation: When it reaches to the apex to which the selective side of three or more is connected

Halfway lapse of side selective job is retained in the file, optional file name is appointed to Edge Data, the Save Edge button is pushed. To read the data which it retains, the Load Edge button is

pushed. After retaining the selective information side, when apex is increased and/or it decreases, does mesh compilation such as modification of apex position, it stops impossible to read the side

selective information file just.

When UV value of the model where the number of polygons is many is formed, operation becomes strange and/or depending upon memory insufficiency there are times when forced termination happens. In

that kind of case, if it is another plug in plg_Make_UV , there is a possibility where it can process. To retain the selective information side in the file, making plg_Make_UV  plug in read,

please use.

You utilizing freely, it does not care this software concerning utilization. Concerning redistribution, you can follow to the copyright document file which is attached separately, the fish you ask.

In addition, concerning whichever kind of damage which it occurs with the use of this software, because the writer is unable to owe responsibility, beforehand acknowledgment.

mdunakin
07-21-2006, 12:42 AM
gareee, you rule!
Thanx for all the effort to get this to us in a decent form!
And also, a side note, what someone else here mentioned, seems to be true,
we aren't getting notices, at least not ever time, when a new reply has been added here.
Kinda weird, eh?
Cuz I've gotten about half of some of the replies and the rest I just have to come back and check every now and then to see if any new replies have been made or not?

Anyway, thanx tons!

................md :)

Red_Oddity
07-21-2006, 02:49 AM
These are the best UV tools for LW i have seen, and used...been using it the last two days and it works incredible, stretchless UV mapping with a few clicks, that with UVRoad and you've got a killer toolset addition.

Wickster
07-21-2006, 02:54 AM
I would have to say that I nominate this as "Best Find for 2006" award.

Cause to me, in a way...it completes Modeler. :D

Simply incredible. I wich we can the author and give him/her a proper appreciation. Awesome set of plugs, hands down.

zardoz
07-21-2006, 03:03 AM
This is great but you know how MAN is...always wanting more!
I'm still waiting for a good 'stitch' plugin for the uvmaps...I want to select a polygon (or group) or some edges and click a button and have the connected edges/polygons snap to their 'neighbours' in the uvmap. Or at least have some color representation of that connection. Not the red points we have now...maybe we could have some kind of lines or dashed lines between these points in the seams.

colkai
07-21-2006, 03:04 AM
I'm not sad that we got them, just sad that
it had to take a zillion years to get them, and then it's from other people,
not the people making the software.

Hehe, you're a grumpy old f*rt you are. ;)

I know they have stated they are going to work on Modeller over teh LW9 cycle, but yeah, I wish these sort of tools were in there already. I also hope that they still do get tools like this, but on steroids, intergrated as I also think we need Modeller to do this stuff without the 3rd party additions.

Edge tools are another case in point, James Willmott has made some great plugins, but this functionality should be integrated and extended for me.

I'm hoping Newtek will do all of this and more, we'll only really know as and when. Meantime, this grumpy old git is grateful we have such talented coders as part of the community, moreover, they share their skills gratis, which has always blown me away.
There are times, this LW community is just too cool to put into words. :D

stib
07-21-2006, 03:22 AM
Whoever he/she is, the unknown UV ninja needs to put some contact details or at least a paypal donations button on their site so that people can start sending money.

gareee
07-21-2006, 06:49 AM
what and where is uvroad?

colkai
07-21-2006, 07:20 AM
http://www.dstorm.co.jp/archives/plugins/UVRoad/doce/index.htm

gareee
07-21-2006, 09:35 AM
Thanks! looks like another good useful tool (we should have had from NT by now.)

mdunakin
07-21-2006, 09:46 AM
Hehe, you're a grumpy old f*rt you are. ;)
Yeah, but let's face it, I'm grumpy for a good reason.
And so should everyone else be, really.

Sure, people "seem" happy enough at this very moment, simply because
we got this awesome freebie, but you know that people inside are
still thinking the same thoughts as I am about this subject.

We had the "new core" back in version 6, remember?
We had the "new core" something during the 7-8 cycle too.
Now the "new core" during the 9 cycle, and each time it's
promised that new and greater things are on their way for Modler.
No one bothered to even take a real look at modernizing Modeler back at v6,
and here we are at v9 and still, really, nothing has changed for us modeler types.
Other modeler programs are already lightyears ahead in feature sets now,
and Lightwave is the program that has the title Light in it! LOL
Ok, that doesn't make sense, but you know what I mean? LOL

Layout always seems to get 90% of the attention.
Sure, there are a couple of extras in Modeler,
but no where near what should be happening in there yet.
I think we got Edges finally and sort of nGons, anything else, Major I mean?
I always keep getting the feeling that, for whatever reason, they seem to
have something against adding killer UV tools to Modeler, or have something
against Modeler, not sure what though, since basically, Modeler still rules.
It "could" be the best if these things were ever implimented internally though.

Oh well...... anyway, I'm not as grumpy as I appear ;)
Just grumpy enough to ***** where it's needed.

..................md :)

stib
07-21-2006, 09:49 AM
If you click the about button in the makeUV plugin you get the names
B. Levy, S. Petitjean, N. Ray and J. Maillot. I'm guessing that it's these fellas:

http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=566590

Clever chappies one and all.

So why is the web page in Japanese?

mdunakin
07-21-2006, 10:00 AM
Maybe it's high-jacked plugins or something?

That "does" make you have to wonder about these now, doesn't it?

..............md

Wickster
07-21-2006, 10:10 AM
Now that I think about it more, I think NT is a little busy rewriting Modeler's core and implementing the new OpenGL enhancements, making all things work with edges and so on. I don't think they have time to pick this up "for now." With there are so much stuff to do. They probably have a whole list of features to implement and judging that we just discovered these plugins at the break of LW9 it probably wasn't on there list.

Or they might have a UV unwrapper down the list of things to implement in the 9.X series, but we just found these first. Let's just all be thankful that these plugs are free. Being free is the best thing that we could hope for right next to being implemented at the core of LW. Let the developers do their thing, let them make the changes to the opengl so we could see the node editor surfaces in real time, let them enhance the edges and CC so it works with "every" tool there is possible, let them do detachable and reconfigurable tabs and menus and let them tinker with the core to make Modeler more stable and faster.

Patience is all we need. Don't get me wrong either, I want all these PLG UV Tools to be in Modeler like yesterday but I know someone out there would rather see node support on opengl displays. So all out opinions and wants and needs are all equal as professionals. Let NT do their thing, cause any tool I can't find in modeler is being provided by users like you. Nitisara, PICTRIX, JamesWillmott, Dodgy, DStorm, Aurora, D-Creation, FI, Jezza, Medi8or and to those I've left out cause my brain is dried out of caffiene juice, makes up what LW is missing and I would like to stand-up and salute them for their outstanding work in our community (I'm actually standing and saluting, and hopefully no one notices). So to you, Thank you! :bowdown:

Now I hear Jay Roth is "assimilating" developers and their tools so don't be afraid if they become part of the LW Collective.

Patience people, patience.

Wickster
07-21-2006, 10:16 AM
Also, before we go any further...has anybody emailed NT's feature request (I forget the email address) about this? How are we going to get this implemented if they don't know about it. :)

If you click the about button in the makeUV plugin you get the names
B. Levy, S. Petitjean, N. Ray and J. Maillot. I'm guessing that it's these fellas:

http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=566590

Clever chappies one and all.

So why is the web page in Japanese?
Maybe it's based off their technology but programmed by someone else. At least thats how I see it.

Dodgy
07-21-2006, 11:16 AM
Those guys worte the maths papers behind the method, this japanese guy wrote the actual plugin.

mdunakin
07-21-2006, 11:26 AM
Ahh.. thanx for that extra info, Dodgy :)

BTW, as long as we are on this UV subject, does anyone know how I could do this?:

I have a dog that is already UV mapped, but it's mapped using Atlass
mapping and now I want to have it mapped using the Pelt style of mapping.
Can I maybe make a new Pelt UV map using a tool like this here and then
load it (the dog) into Layout and maybe bake it or something so that the
atlas mapped dog is baked onto the new unwrapped Pelt style UV map?
This would save me from having to redo the whole texturing all over again,
if it could be done like this?

Thanx.
BTW, I love your characters and expecially the Christmas scenes.
My fav is the first one of those.
Also, I can remember when you made that Transformer Truck character, still is totally cool!

..................md :)

Karmacop
07-21-2006, 11:36 AM
I have a dog that is already UV mapped, but it's mapped using Atlass
mapping and now I want to have it mapped using the Pelt style of mapping.

1. load in your object
2. get the camera to surface backer and use the object and the pelt uv map
3. render

This is providing you have your object already textured, and you may need to do things to bake specific things ie make your surface 100% luminous and 0% diffuse to bake colour etc.

Be warned, if you've already painted your textures with the atlas mapping then keep using it as baking to the pelt uv map will degreade the original texture quality.

mdunakin
07-21-2006, 11:48 AM
Hmmm... didn't know about that degrading bit?
OK, thanx, this helps, I think.
See, I already have the painted UV map for the dog object, actually I have several that I want to convert like this and I don't want to have to completely retexture everything all over again from scratch onto the new style UV map (pelt) for obvious reasons that it would be a headache.
If I can get the already textured dog to be remapped onto the new UV map, then this would save me hours of time.

I'll follow your steps and see how things go, but I've never once been able to bake a single thing that looked any good, ever.

....................md :)

gareee
07-21-2006, 05:33 PM
I don't think there's any way to change the uv map on the dog, and still use the texture, which uses the old uv mapping template.

I haven't seen anything that will manipulate a texture map, and convert it to a new uv template for the same object.

erikals
07-21-2006, 05:51 PM
Karmacop's method should work in theory.

mdunakin
07-21-2006, 06:04 PM
To me, it sounds like it should work too.
I'll have to try it out later this weekend.
I'm unfortunately, too busy with other projects at the moment.
I'm being punished by myself LOL
I.E. I'm finally forcing myself to modernize my over 8 years old web site, uhg.
I HATE doing it, but no one else will do it for me, so I have to do it myself, like it or not.
And it's a BIG NOT! LOL

...............md :)

erikals
07-21-2006, 06:45 PM
...I'm being punished by myself LOL...

Hehe, join the party ;)

Karmacop
07-21-2006, 08:27 PM
Hmmm... didn't know about that degrading bit?
Well the UVs are probably going to be a different size and rotated differently right? That's the only reason it'll degrade, but other than that it'll be fine. I guess I would compare it to rotating an image in photoshop ... or even taking a digital photo of your monitor. The pixels on the monitor will never line up perfectly with the pixels photographed by the camera, so it'll look the same, but is of lesser quality than the original. Maybe after you bake to the new UV map you could go back and repaint anything that didn't bake too well?

gareee
07-22-2006, 08:55 AM
Is everyone getting email announcements from this thread? I should be subscribed to it, but I'm not getting the ebot replys.

erikals
07-22-2006, 09:04 AM
I've had this problem too, also at SQ . Not sure what causes it.

Pavlov
07-22-2006, 09:13 AM
i get emails from this one, but dont get emails from some others.
This is going on for months, dunno why.

Paolo

gareee
07-22-2006, 10:18 AM
Has anyone had issues with the uv pack option? Sometimes it works, and other times, it seems to drag a lot of points to the lower left uv corner, making the packing unuseable.

Dodgy
07-22-2006, 11:56 AM
I do have this problem occasionally. I did find out why it happened, but at this moment I can't remember why... As soon as my buggy brain remembers, I'lll post it here.... It's something like a poly with no area or something...

gareee
07-22-2006, 12:27 PM
Hmmm... maybe a ply that's uv mapped looking like an edge?

With trial and error, I cut parts out, and used th eoptimizer, and then slowy added parts back until it would optimize them. I think some parts did eed to be mapped differently.

gareee
07-22-2006, 12:55 PM
Speaking of uv mapping.. does anyone have a link for a good hi res numbered checkerbaord I can use for testing uv mapping?

All I have is a low res color one, which looks like crap. (I used to have a nicer one, but I'll be ****ed where I got it from.)

UnCommonGrafx
07-22-2006, 04:43 PM
umm... make one. ?

Sande
07-23-2006, 05:43 AM
gareee: Here's one that I've been using. I haven't done this myself and I don't remember where I originally got this - I hope this doesn't offend anyones copyrights... :)

http://koti.mbnet.fi/manaatti/UV.jpg

gareee
07-23-2006, 07:05 AM
thanks! I'll try that one out. Here's the one I've been using, but is a little too low res and blurry in modeler:

duke
07-23-2006, 07:11 AM
I didn't make this, and I don't remember who did :(

duke
07-23-2006, 07:12 AM
When you use these you should turn pixel blending off.

gareee
07-23-2006, 10:39 AM
In modeler? I usually look at my objects with the mappng in modeler, while I'm working on them.

For some reason lw9 is acting up now.. layout isn't launching properly, and when it does, is taking a LONG time to start up.

stib
07-23-2006, 10:58 AM
Do a search on these forums for firewall. For some reason firewalls seem really picky about the hub this time around. Could be your problem.

Yeah I was thinking it might be theory by french boffins, plugin by unknown UV Ninja. Only thing is that the controls in the dialogue boxes don't look like the usual English as a second language ones you get in a japanese plugin. Terms like "Boundary Preservation Weight" and "Relaxation Iteration". Tis an enigma wrapped in a riddle.

gareee
07-23-2006, 11:28 AM
I have the windows firewall off. Seems if I start layout by itself, it'll load fine. I suspect something in the plugin scanner, since if it's turned off layout loads much faster.

The only new plugs I've added are modeler specific, and modeler works fine.

At any rate, I have it sorta working now. This is the first time even in the lw 9 beta testing I've ever had an issue with lightwave main functionality.

DonS
07-23-2006, 12:04 PM
BTW, regarding mdunakin's question of a few days ago (how to apply a new UV map to an object, but do it in such a manner that the original texturing can be used), Karmacop's solution will work: I do it all the time. Here's a post where I discussed it:

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51124

Hope this helps!

D.

JamesCurtis
07-23-2006, 02:35 PM
Don't know if anyone noticed - or if it really matters, but the numbered UV checkerboard pic posted by Sande may have an error. In the top row the numbers include a [0] zero in the first row and NOt in any of the others. Just thought I'd point it out.

mj418
07-23-2006, 04:11 PM
"Hope this helps!" said DonS...

And that, my friend is the understatement of the century. Well, at least the understatement of the day...far as I'm concerned.
Thank you!

MooseDog
07-23-2006, 10:21 PM
hey! the author has posted an english page:

http://homepage2.nifty.com/nif-hp/index2_english.htm

:bowdown:

dalecampbelljr
07-23-2006, 10:40 PM
who is this and why the silence?

FarmHand
07-23-2006, 10:42 PM
I have not been able to go to the web site.

Could someone please provide the plugins?

We get web sensed a great deal on stupid things.

Thanks,
IGB

erikals
07-24-2006, 04:57 AM
FarmHand, PM me the e-mail address and I can send them to you.

zardoz
07-24-2006, 05:14 AM
the link of the japanese page has changed:

http://homepage2.nifty.com/nif-hp/index2.htm

I guess the author noticed the 'fame' his plugs are getting so he created an english webpage too...

Cageman
07-24-2006, 05:30 AM
the link of the japanese page has changed:

http://homepage2.nifty.com/nif-hp/index2.htm

I guess the author noticed the 'fame' his plugs are getting so he created an english webpage too...

Hmm.. can't see that it is english? Sure you got the right url?

DonS
07-24-2006, 10:28 AM
Cageman, the "English" link in Moosedog's post works for me; just tried it again.

mj418, you're most welcome!

D.

mj418
07-24-2006, 03:04 PM
I did a good deal of experimenting with the surface baking technique you laid out, DonS, and have had really good results.
I've been aware of it for a good while, but have not been able to get the results I've wanted until I read your explanation of how to do it. I always figured I was just misunderstanding it, or just got stupid whenever I loaded the surface baker shader, or at times, that it just couldn't do what I was expecting, but now I've finally got it. :)

zebrafish
07-24-2006, 06:50 PM
Shouldnt we have it translated first? Who knows whats the deal in Japaneese on that site! What if theres a royality, or a 30 day trial or something somewhere there written in small letters. Or, "By downloading you agree to pay the developer 300$ per plug" issue
Its just too good to be true you know?!
We oughta be more cautious!

If there was such a thing on the site, I'm sure they'd put
it on the english side too:

pdeb
07-24-2006, 08:43 PM
Has anyone else had this problem (maybe I'm overlooking something obvious) - I've followed Scott Lange's Curve IK videos (thanks so much Scott!) and I get the curve IK working, but when I reopen the scene after closing, the bones don't respect the control nulls, and the object is no longer deformed. I had been using it in conjunction with SG_Fertilizer, so took it off just in case, but still no luck with that or another object rigged from scratch.

Using LW8.3

any help appreciated

Cageman
07-25-2006, 06:11 AM
Has anyone else had this problem (maybe I'm overlooking something obvious) - I've followed Scott Lange's Curve IK videos (thanks so much Scott!) and I get the curve IK working, but when I reopen the scene after closing, the bones don't respect the control nulls, and the object is no longer deformed. I had been using it in conjunction with SG_Fertilizer, so took it off just in case, but still no luck with that or another object rigged from scratch.

Using LW8.3

any help appreciated

Isn't there a plugin that: "Fixes LWS File for plg_IK"

I don't know if it will help, but since it's avaliable I believe you should use it? (I have no clue, because I havn't tried the IK-plug yet, just guessing). :)

Cageman
07-25-2006, 06:15 AM

Curve IK videos
10 megs

3.5 megs

Thanks alot! :thumbsup:

I wonder if it would be possible for you to convert the videos to a downloadable format?

pdeb
07-25-2006, 08:20 AM
Thanks alot! :thumbsup:

I wonder if it would be possible for you to convert the videos to a downloadable format?

Cageman,

thanks for the suggestion...it only seems to fix the plg_in plugin, not the bone curve plugin, the latter seems to unconnect when I reopen. I'll try emailing the author.

As far as the videos go, I think they're .flv files, there's probably a utility out there somewhere that will read them.

pdeb
07-25-2006, 10:21 AM
I've found that the child bones drop the plugin when the scene is re-opened....not a biggee, especially for such a great, free plugin.

HTH someone else
pdeb

gareee
07-25-2006, 05:42 PM
Since the creator posted the english page version, and added the english translation for the docs, I wonder if he could shed some light on why the uv optimize will sometimes drag everything to the lower left corner?

mdunakin
07-25-2006, 06:31 PM
Thanx for that UV info on baking, Dos, it's much appreciated.

And to answer that other question I seen here, NO, I am not getting
99% of the message notices that I should be getting from this site.
Only every now and then do I ever get a notice.

.............md :)

FarmHand
07-25-2006, 09:40 PM
Thanks erikals for providing those plugins.

I will be taking a look at them tonight after I get off work.

Once agai thanks!

Ivan

Lamont
07-27-2006, 05:51 PM
The UV packing plug only works on Atlas mapping...

gareee
07-27-2006, 07:19 PM
I've had the packing plug work on some items, but not on others.

Ramon
08-05-2006, 03:25 PM
This mapper is the best UV plugin I have used that works directly within LW. Bar none

Even better than Unfold 3d? (though unfold 3d costs a bit)

sculptactive
08-05-2006, 04:07 PM
Even better than Unfold 3d? (though unfold 3d costs a bit)

UnFold3D is not a LW plugin. It is a complete application that works with LW and other applications. It is IMO the best stand alone UVMapper available. Hence the price tag.

Nifty's UV Plugins are the best set of UV Mapper LW plugins I have used within LW. If you want to map directly within LW, add the fact they are free, it is a no brainer.

Ramon
08-05-2006, 04:34 PM
UnFold3D is not a LW plugin. It is a complete application that works with LW and other applications. It is IMO the best stand alone UVMapper available. Hence the price tag.

Nifty's UV Plugins are the best set of UV Mapper LW plugins I have used within LW. If you want to map directly within LW, add the fact they are free, it is a no brainer.

I should have expressed my question differently, I was hoping for a comparison of people here who have used both in order to understand the relative highlights of this plugin.
Ex: it really handles the combination of organic and hard edge (architectural type) objects very well with very little distortion.

The fact that it's free, yeah, I agree with you.

I have just downloaded it and will try it out soon.
Thanks

Lord Snarebotto
08-05-2006, 05:23 PM
I only went through the first 5 pages, but has anyone mentioned there is a link to an english page at the top of the original link?

Just an FYI for all the people complaining about translation....

KillMe
08-05-2006, 05:58 PM
i found it works pretty well on organic shapes - only really tried it with pretty simple inorganic stuff but it handled it nice and easy for me - fora free unwrapper its really quite something

Ramon
08-05-2006, 06:52 PM
Cool! Thanks for the feedback on this seemingly awesome plugin. Can't wait to try it out.

mj418
08-09-2006, 10:38 PM
I think I've got it *sort of* figured out, although there's alot about this plugin that's a mystery.
I don't know if I'm doing it right or not, but I've been working on this T-shirt object, trying all kinds of Modeler UV mapping types, opening the plugin, clicking on an edge, saving it, reloading it, then clicking on Make UV and what I always seem to get is a really nicely unwrapped UV map, BUT, it's like looking down from the top - the neck the center of an expanding vortex.
Clicking on Make Atlas makes an atlas map which looks pretty much the same as Modeler's Atlas mapping.
So I'm wondering, has anyone found any step-by-step tutorials for using this plugin?
I mean, I'm trying real hard to get something out of this that I can use. the aforementioned map I seem to always get is pretty clean and works great in Deep Paint 3D, but looking at it in something like Pshop, as a UV template, it doesn't resemble a Tshirt very much.
So if anyone has a link to a tutorial or a tip or two, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Thanks. :)

Auger
08-09-2006, 11:01 PM
I think I've got it *sort of* figured out, although there's alot about this plugin that's a mystery.
I don't know if I'm doing it right or not, but I've been working on this T-shirt object, trying all kinds of Modeler UV mapping types, opening the plugin, clicking on an edge, saving it, reloading it, then clicking on Make UV and what I always seem to get is a really nicely unwrapped UV map, BUT, it's like looking down from the top - the neck the center of an expanding vortex.
Clicking on Make Atlas makes an atlas map which looks pretty much the same as Modeler's Atlas mapping.
So I'm wondering, has anyone found any step-by-step tutorials for using this plugin?
I mean, I'm trying real hard to get something out of this that I can use. the aforementioned map I seem to always get is pretty clean and works great in Deep Paint 3D, but looking at it in something like Pshop, as a UV template, it doesn't resemble a Tshirt very much.
So if anyone has a link to a tutorial or a tip or two, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Thanks. :)

It doesn't sound like you're getting the edge part correct.

You need to separate the T-shirt into two halves - The front and back.

I don't have LW in front of me but I'll try to describe it.

Use the Point Mode and select a point at the bottom edge of the shirt under, for instance, the left armpit. Then use your middle mouse button and click at the end of that edge loop at the edge of the collar. Do the same thing on the right side of the shirt and you should see two blue lines making up those edges. You don't need to save the edge but you can if you like. Now hit Make UVs and you should be looking at two UV islands that both look like T-shirts. One's the front and one's the back.

This is assuming you have only one poly layer for the shirt. If your shirt has thickness it is a little trickier.

Jon

mj418
08-09-2006, 11:16 PM
Thank you, Jon, I'll try that :)

MiniFireDragon
08-10-2006, 09:54 AM
For those who haven't checked in a while, seem there are english pages now in place on the website.

And there is (Updated 8-8-2006) next to some of the plugins.

EDIT: I don't know if the plugins were in Japanese or English, but the UV plugs are in english.

Tzan
08-10-2006, 10:52 AM
All the UV plugins now have a .txt file instructions in english!

They didnt have that before.

Dodgy
08-10-2006, 11:14 AM
He seems to have fixed the 'not packing points, but putting them to the corner' bug :) Cool :)

mj418
08-10-2006, 06:48 PM
All the UV plugins now have a .txt file instructions in english!

They didnt have that before.

Excellent. :)
I guess there's a reasonable chance he's found this thread, so, if you're out there, mr. plugin writer, thanks!
(Left out the part about the fish, though)

Plugin URL:
http://homepage2.nifty.com/nif-hp/

KillMe
08-10-2006, 08:20 PM
well he surely noticed that his plugin which presumably has been sitting there for a long time ( assumed from teh fact it was made for 7.5 ) has suddenly being downlaoded alot and figured out was the english speaking cominuity who found it and thoughtfully provided english docs

if he on here though

ありがとう ございます

mj418
08-12-2006, 10:54 AM
In case anyone reading this is having trouble with the UV making plugin, what I've (now) been doing is this:
1: make an object.
2: Create a UV map in your usual way (example- cylindrical, for something roughly cylindrical in shape) with normal modeler UV tools.
3: Open the plugin. Your current map will automatically be listed.
4: In one of the non-UV viewports, start selecting edges. It doesn't seem to matter if you're in edge mode or not, and you don't have to hold down SHIFT if you stop
5: You can save the edge selection, if you want. Might be a good idea, since the next step may or may not crash Modeler. ;)
6: Push the Make UV button, and depending on how dense the mesh is, it might take a while.

I imagine most of you reading this already have figured this out, and probably have also figured out better ways, but I posted this for people who might be having trouble like I was. :)

MiniFireDragon
08-14-2006, 09:00 AM
Yeah, I found you MUST select edges or it WILL crash. Even on a semi flat object.

colkai
08-16-2006, 06:22 AM
Shiny, I've just got round to testing this, it's as good as the unwrapper in Hex2 and if you could mutli-select edges like you can using points, it'd be near perfect.

I was sceptical about doing the UV thing first as I couldn't see how it would correctly interpret the data to give me a clean UV, but the proof, as they say, is in the pudding. Why oh why didn't LW have this integrated a long time ago?

Let's hope Newtek offer the author some good cash, (or better yet, drag his butt on board) so this can be expanded and fully integrated. :D

UnCommonGrafx
08-16-2006, 06:44 AM
Nah, let's not; I've changed my mind. ;)

Stay aloof and independent. Updates are mangaged more expediently and this guy's got this pretty much at the core as it is. :thumbsup:
This and all the sculptors on the market are making LW a comfortable fit in-betwixt their use.
If you do or don't use zbrush, read Steve Werner's guide to using lw with zbrush. There's a wealth of useful information just ready to be plucked by users of Hex, too. Plus, knowledge about the zmap plugin. Not sure if it will work on Hex-created uvs, though.

The link:
http://206.145.80.237/zbrush/media/LightWaveToZbrush.zip

colkai
08-16-2006, 07:07 AM
Well, at the risk of thread hijack :p ... The main reason I plopped down my 18 quid for Hex2 was for the uvmapping and texture/displacement mapping. It has some cool features and manipulators, but so far, rather like with DFX+, Vue5I and other packages, I just find myself lacking the time to test it out fully.

Truth is, I'm so used to LW, I get really frustrated with the interface, but at least it has help hints, (even if the hints are at best obscure at times). Put this stuff and proper consolidated edge tools into LW and i'd quite happily un-install Hex2 and Wings from my PC.

UnCommonGrafx
08-16-2006, 07:14 AM
Hex is on my laptop for when I forget my lw dongle at home. :( The money spent was an investment in my learning about these scuplting tools. Money well spent.

I'm in agreement with you, to refocus this conversation, that as much of this cool stuff I can do in lw the better. But I'm not sure that the authors and their works need to be absorbed in order for us to get solid, enduring tools.

mdunakin
08-16-2006, 08:59 AM
I spent $200 bones on Hex2 just for the UV UnWrapping tools alone!
Well, and the fact that it let you paint right onto your objects also, made it a must have for me, since LW refuses to deal with these issues that every other 3D program on the planet already has in their programs, some for several years now.

Oh yeah, and then they gave away Hex2 for $2 bucks right after I spent that money too, which was a bumber and none of it ever would of happened if Modeler would of just had these tools that we've been requesting for since time began, in the first place.

BTW, I've pretty much not used Hex2 since I've had it, since it's kinda funky to work with, but mostly no time to learn yet another program from scratch.

:(

.............md

colkai
08-16-2006, 09:02 AM
BTW, I've pretty much not used Hex2 since I've had it, since it's kinda funky to work with, but mostly no time to learn yet another program from scratch
Hear that loud N clear Mark. :)

Ramon
08-16-2006, 11:37 AM
I have been comparing the UV Tools to the Freelance version of Unfold3D and the Nifty unfolding is almost identical! :bowdown:.

My thanks to the authors, whomever they may be. :beerchug:

Man, if that's the case, AWESOME!!! My thanks to the authors as well!!:thumbsup:

Exception
08-17-2006, 01:04 AM
i still cant get it to unfold orthogonally... I mean, this is only useful for organic stuff right, as it warps the polygons (a square poly won't stay square in the uv map).... or am i wrong?

Dodgy
08-17-2006, 03:15 AM
I've got it to make orthagonal maps, but you do have to make sure it could be unfolded that way by cutting the seams like you would if it was a real paper shell and you wanted to make it into a flat paper object.

Ramon
08-17-2006, 07:21 AM
I've got it to make orthagonal maps, but you do have to make sure it could be unfolded that way by cutting the seams like you would if it was a real paper shell and you wanted to make it into a flat paper object.
Well that's good to know that you can do orthographic unwrapping. Thanks for the word Doggy. That is necessary in models of buildings etc. All that I have seen unwrapped on this thread have been organic type of shapes (which don't get me wrong, it's great) but, mechanical shapes as well would be even better.

Dodgy
08-17-2006, 07:48 AM
Mechanical shapes is what I've been mostly using it on recently :)

Ramon
08-17-2006, 02:20 PM
Mechanical shapes is what I've been mostly using it on recently :)

Really, cool :thumbsup:

finearts2
08-20-2006, 05:22 PM
MAC VERSION, PLEEEEEASE!!!!!!!!
I beg of you, anyone, pretty please.....

Ramon
08-20-2006, 09:11 PM
heh - know what you mean. It's one of the few reasons I went to PC - awesome free plugins. Hopefully with the New Intel chips in the Mac and Boot camp, Universal, etc, etc., that won't be much of an issue anymore.

Designer
09-10-2006, 03:43 AM
In case anyone reading this is having trouble with the UV making plugin, what I've (now) been doing is this:
2: Create a UV map in your usual way (example- cylindrical, for something roughly cylindrical in shape) with normal modeler UV tools.
4: In one of the non-UV viewports, start selecting edges. It doesn't seem to matter if you're in edge mode or not, and you don't have to hold down SHIFT if you stop
5: You can save the edge selection, if you want. Might be a good idea, since the next step may or may not crash Modeler. ;)
6: Push the Make UV button, and depending on how dense the mesh is, it might take a while.

I am sorry, I can't get it to work. So I have to use LW's native tool "Make UV" first at step 2 (which immediately makes an UV map for me), then after I did that, use plg Make UV Edit to make the blue line with Left/Middle House Click to make the edge.

Then at step 6, I go back to LW's Native "Make UV" button and hit it again? Or hit plg_Make_UV? I tried either way, but neither way gives me an unwrapped UV map.

Is there a video tutorial somewhere? Please help!

moc
09-10-2006, 07:25 AM
I am sorry, I can't get it to work. So I have to use LW's native tool "Make UV" first at step 2 (which immediately makes an UV map for me), then after I did that, use plg Make UV Edit to make the blue line with Left/Middle House Click to make the edge.

Then at step 6, I go back to LW's Native "Make UV" button and hit it again? Or hit plg_Make_UV? I tried either way, but neither way gives me an unwrapped UV map.

Is there a video tutorial somewhere? Please help!

that's it...hope it can help....

mdunakin
09-10-2006, 12:35 PM
Hey, thanx for that cool little tut there! :)

Needs to be slowed down though, no time to even read it or see what is going on,
so I'm going to have to take it into Image Ready and re-edit it to slow it down.
Then I can send it to my friends who are just starting to learn this stuff too.
Maybe you can change the timing yourself and repost the same GIF back up here for others?

Anyway, thanx a zillion, moocho appreciated :)

Designer
09-10-2006, 03:45 PM
that's it...hope it can help....

Thanks for making it, it's very helpful!! Now I understand it much better :)

Titus
09-10-2006, 07:04 PM

I imagine most of you reading this already have figured this out, and probably have also figured out better ways, but I posted this for people who might be having trouble like I was. :)

Addendum:

There are two more plug-ins you can use:

7: plg_relax_UV.

8: plg_pack_UV.

zardoz
10-12-2006, 11:56 AM
Everyone, he updated some of the plugs and there's even a new one for straightening the points in the uv...and my MAC friends...some of his plugs have a mac version now!...

go get them!

Wickster
10-12-2006, 12:34 PM
Thanks for the heads up zardoz!

mdunakin
10-12-2006, 12:44 PM
Yeah, thanx tons for the heads up!

Moocho appreciated!

..........md :)

zardoz
10-24-2006, 11:22 AM
ok now every plugin has a 64bit version and almost all of them have a mac version.

cool

T-Light
10-24-2006, 11:44 AM
Cheers Zaroz, missed your last 'update' post so thanks for this :)

T-Light
10-24-2006, 11:51 AM
Apologies for the wrong name Zardoz, I REALLY hope there's a good reason for banning long edits this week.

Wickster
10-24-2006, 12:28 PM
Thanks again Zardoz!!!

Apologies for the wrong name Zardoz, I REALLY hope there's a good reason for banning long edits this week.

Nah its just there to redicule pelling class flunkies like ourselves. You know how Kurtis has a mean sense of humor. :devil:

T-Light
10-24-2006, 01:58 PM
:D, Darth Kurtis rides again.

kopperdrake
10-24-2006, 04:11 PM
I'm just gobsmacked that we have a Japanese friend who is watching this site and updating his plugins, writing help documents and giving his time, all for free! And not knowing who it is just adds a lovely sense of mystique to the whole saga - ladies and gentlemen, you have found a rare and friendly Lightwave Pixie!

Just wanted to say a big thankyou to you out there :D

soioartist
11-30-2006, 05:54 AM
it seems that every plug is now ported to Mac! Yay!
regards
simon

KillMe
11-30-2006, 04:26 PM
little thank you to the guy doing this if he reads this and if my japanese hasn't insulted his mother

あなた の plugins わ すごくて おもしろい です ありがと ございます

dont laugh - like you know what japaense for plugins is :P

Red_Oddity
12-01-2006, 03:12 AM
Use katakana

Northwoods
01-17-2007, 01:31 PM
Unlikely the developer is reading this thread anymore (he seems to be uncontactable) but it says D-Storm translated the Mac versions of Make UV Edit etc.

These UV plugins are a complete mess on the Mac and totally unusable. If you just create a sphere, create UV map and, run the plugin and select some edge boundaries, Make UVs and so on yeah it will work, try it on a character or even a head and it will crash so fast you won't even get the "Unexpectedly Quit" box. It just will not work on anything handmade.

I wonder if it doesn't like any other vertex maps in the object or something. It won't even work on sections of a simple character copied and pasted into a new layer. The progress bar starts then immediately followed by a crash.

So for Mac users, I wouldn't get your hopes up. Make UV Edit doesn't work at all like all of D-Storm's prety useless untested Mac efforts (they just compile them for the Mac, and are not tested) . Nice try though, so thanks for the thought.

Dirk
01-19-2007, 09:27 AM
Wooow, these plugins are great (and I missed them ....)

Easy to use, clean, lightning fast, stable ... Newtek should hire those guys, or at least ask for the source code and compile those plugins for mac users.

Surrealist.
01-19-2007, 01:08 PM

Don't know if anybody noticed but there is an english page now and it seems to have Mac versions - aslo seems to be some explanations in english.

Surrealist.
01-19-2007, 01:15 PM
Sorry - I misreread the part about the mac versions not working.

gordonbaty
03-12-2007, 08:58 PM
maybe they fixed then - I just downloaded the UV tools and used them on intel mac with LW9 with no problem

I was tearing my hair out trying to do character head UVs until I found these gems. just fantastic

andywright
03-13-2007, 04:24 AM
Well, I do read Japanese and if I had the time I could translate these pages for you guys, but alas... I'm stuck in this project that has to be finished in about two weeks.

In the meantime, use the rikaichan plugin for Firefox to 'read' the words. Btw, in Japanese the verbs come last. So you'll have to shuffle the words a bit.

Am I missing something here ? I just read the English version of the page from the link at the top :stumped:

Bog
03-13-2007, 04:53 AM
I tried these unwrapping plugins with the demo download of ZBrush.

Worked like an absolute charm, and the maps were subsequently easily editable in Photoshop. Which is lovely.

dalecampbelljr
05-21-2008, 11:06 AM
any updates on these plugins? or has it gone inactive?

mdunakin
05-21-2008, 11:21 AM
I douht it, since they now have most of this stuff built into LW itself these days.

...................md :)

Andyjaggy
05-21-2008, 11:29 AM
I douht it, since they now have most of this stuff built into LW itself these days.

...................md :)

Not really. No.

mdunakin
05-21-2008, 11:47 AM
Well, maybe not all that this thing did, but to me, I prefered the new built-in tools over these here anyway.
These were too cluttered all over and far more of a headache then what is now there, at least as far as the unwrapping part goes.
I'm not refering to anything else, just the title part of this thread, which is "UV UnWrapping".

And the way these plugins worked, they were a pain IMO, and were more confusing and didn't do anywhere near the same ease of use as the newest unwrap they have now.
Course, none of these come close to the built-in modo UV tools anyway, which was why I moved to modo for UV mapping and painting, since Modeler looks like it'll never ever ever ever ever ever ever get anything remotely close to REAL UV tools anyway.

Just my opinion of course and everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

But, since someone here is asking about are there going to be any more of these tools, that to me shows that there obviously aren't going to be, and thus the reason for my answer in my post above.

I've last heard from this thread months ago, so it looks like it's over to me and I would think if the people who made these tools were planning on anymore updates, they would of done so by now.

People can keep hoping and wishing they'll see killer UV tools, but how many years now has everyone been asking for these things?
It's sad that people have to be here in a forum asking if someone will be updating some UV tools anytime soon, cuz they should already be in LW by this point, sad.

...............md

Ramon
09-06-2008, 02:37 PM
Hello all!
Hey, I just wanted to know if anyone is using the plg uv edit plugin in 9.3?
I tried using it and it said that it "could not load the external plugin".

Is a issue with the 9x version. Has anything better come out in 9.5 that's better than this plugin for unfolding?

Thanks.

Cageman
09-06-2008, 03:03 PM
Well, maybe not all that this thing did, but to me, I prefered the new built-in tools over these here anyway.
These were too cluttered all over and far more of a headache then what is now there, at least as far as the unwrapping part goes.
I'm not refering to anything else, just the title part of this thread, which is "UV UnWrapping".

What new tools? There are no unwraptools in LW.

And the way these plugins worked, they were a pain IMO, and were more confusing and didn't do anywhere near the same ease of use as the newest unwrap they have now.
Course, none of these come close to the built-in modo UV tools anyway, which was why I moved to modo for UV mapping and painting, since Modeler looks like it'll never ever ever ever ever ever ever get anything remotely close to REAL UV tools anyway.

I don't really know how you used PLG-unwrapper, but here it works very, very well and outperform Modos unwrap in both speed and accuracy, especially on more involved geometry.

Cageman
09-06-2008, 03:14 PM
Hello all!
Hey, I just wanted to know if anyone is using the plg uv edit plugin in 9.3?
I tried using it and it said that it "could not load the external plugin".

Is a issue with the 9x version. Has anything better come out in 9.5 that's better than this plugin for unfolding?

Thanks.

That's strange... I just tried PLG UV Edit Plugin in LW9.3.1 AND LW9.5 Modeler (32-bit) and they work just great. Make sure you don't mix 64-bit and 32-bit plugins. By the sound of it, my guess is that you are trying to run the 64-bit version under 32-bit LW... (or vice versa)...

Make sure you download and install the correct versions... (http://homepage2.nifty.com/nif-hp/index2_english.htm)

Ramon
09-06-2008, 03:16 PM
Hey Cageman, have y'all been using it in the 9x versions? Just curious.

Cageman
09-06-2008, 03:22 PM
As far as I've seen, PLG has been working with all versions through 9.x series...

Ramon
09-06-2008, 04:33 PM
Hehe, we were a bit off sync with the posting. :D

Okay thanks, I'll check it out again. Thanks for the reply.

erikals
07-09-2009, 03:42 PM
hi, hate to bump this, but it seems the most logical place,...

i'm wondering, has anyone managed to get plg to use "Subpatch interpolation" UV mode?
(you know, the function that makes the UV lines smooth, instead of straight)
explained in more detail here,... ftp://ftp.newtek.com/multimedia/movies/w3dw/UVHead.mov

Andyjaggy
07-09-2009, 04:20 PM
I always just change it manually to subpatch mode after unwrapping.

I don't like to unwrap subD objects anyway, I always hit tab before unwrapping.

erikals
07-09-2009, 04:40 PM
hmm... tested several objects, but get the same result...

adrian
07-10-2009, 04:49 AM
I always just change it manually to subpatch mode after unwrapping.

I don't like to unwrap subD objects anyway, I always hit tab before unwrapping.

Exactly what I do, works fine for me.

erikals
07-10-2009, 07:56 AM
hm, still getting the error...

one thing i always wondered though, using SubP interpolated UVs does only work inside LW, right?
as far as Mudbox and Zbrush goes these programs only rely on the Linear mode?

Nicolas Jordan
07-10-2009, 08:44 AM
hm, still getting the error...

one thing i always wondered though, using SubP interpolated UVs does only work inside LW, right?
as far as Mudbox and Zbrush goes these programs only rely on the Linear mode?

Yep other programs see the UVs as linear unless they choose to interpret them differently within that program. Subpatch UVs are internal to Lightwave only.

probiner
07-10-2009, 11:23 PM
Most close to Modo Interpolation is Linear Corners, but even with that, small differences remain.
That said, i ask you guys pain in Paint applications with linear, or other interpolation method?

Cheers