PDA

View Full Version : Newtek Europe! Where is the LWCAD2

tyrot
07-12-2006, 01:36 AM
dear NT-Europe

Is there any link for us to buy LWCAD2 from you directly?

Because SafeHarbor's policy we cant buy from them...

Urgent care needed..... :( I was waiting for this , since day one....

BEST

Darth Mole
07-12-2006, 02:10 AM
What's up with SafeHarbor's policy? I got my LWCAD2 download link today.

badllarma
07-12-2006, 02:19 AM
same here downloaded 2mins ago :)

tyrot
07-12-2006, 02:26 AM
dear wavers

the point is i cant get it from Safe Harbor. They banned some countries because of credit card fraud. So no option for there.

SO "i got it from safe harbor" replies are not helpful, good for you , enjoy it..and i m asking this for NT europe sales.

BEst

DogBoy
07-12-2006, 02:47 AM
Hang tight. My guess is that they maybe bogged down with another products imminent release. They'll put it up pretty soon I'm sure.

colkai
07-12-2006, 03:04 AM
Another product than LWCAD2 ? Why Sirrah, whatever could that be? :p ;)

blabberlicious
07-12-2006, 03:27 AM
Mmmmm LWCAD2 Goodness!

Got mine last night - from Safe H, upgraded from NT Europe.

The plethora of keys and web -re activations was a bit bewildering

Thrashed about with the tools, and they are amazing - and very stable.

Wish some of the tools worked with layers - s'all.

StereoMike
07-12-2006, 03:35 AM
Can anyone tell me how to get LWCAD2 for that special price (59 EUR+ VAT)?
I'm waiting for NT-E but I wouldn't bother going to Safe Harbor. But I found only a 95$ offer over there.

Mike

romrom74
07-12-2006, 05:52 AM
I'm waiting for NT-E but I wouldn't bother going to Safe Harbor. But I found only a 95$ offer over there.

Mike
yep same thing here!!! I'm just waiting for any Newtek Europe info on this subject....so ? what's the status?

gjjackson
07-12-2006, 07:42 AM
I think you had till the end of June to get the lower price. It was a special upgrade deal, for a short time.

Safe Harbor
07-12-2006, 08:09 AM

Mike

The special preorder price ended on June 30. There were many announcements in the forums regarding this...

StereoMike
07-12-2006, 08:17 AM
from 27.06.2006:
"When LWCAD 2.0 upgrade ships, it will be available from NewTek Europe at a special price of 59 € + VAT (instead of 79 €) for just 30 days. Offer limited to LWCAD 1.5 special offer users."

As I understand it, the 30 days start counting when it ships.
Anyway, I called NT-E to preorder and got a confirmation at that time, but no news about an actual release.

Mike

tyrot
07-12-2006, 08:20 AM

Mike

dear mike

if i were you i wouldnt wait at all and get it from Safe harbor..If i could i would..surely..right away.

I gotta wait but you dont have to. And my thought it will be the same price on Newtek Europe or it can be a bit higher even...

So dont wait. join the crowd... I will go to corner and cry till NT-E answer something.

BEST

StereoMike
07-12-2006, 08:36 AM
Hehe, sure Tyrot, but I think I should get it for that 59 EUR deal, cause that's what I preordered via the NT-E callback-service.
I'm just curious when they will approach me with a shipping date.

Mike

tyrot
07-12-2006, 08:44 AM
dear mike

ok then..We will wait. BUt it is strange we still have no info from NT-E..

BEst

DogBoy
07-12-2006, 10:46 AM
dear mike

ok then..We will wait. BUt it is strange we still have no info from NT-E..

BEst

Because they are probably busy. If Newtek are having their release party on Saturday, there is a VERY small chance that they will be releasing LW[9] pretty darn soon.

If they are releasing LW[9] pretty darn soon, then NTE will also be VERY busy.

maybe too busy to put your mind at rest, right now.

Please, be patient.

tyrot
07-12-2006, 11:14 AM
dear dog boy

thanks for reply.. i m patient..but my clients are banging the door. There are dozens of buildings waiting for me and after seeing those videos i cant even move my cursor in modeler..I think i suffer from a disease called

"itreleasedbuticantgetia"

best

DogBoy
07-12-2006, 12:48 PM
I think i suffer from a disease called

"itreleasedbuticantgetia"

Oh, a fellow sufferer. Yeah, I get sporadic relapses, normally around the time of point releases. How easily I forget.

Please forgive my rudeness.

gerry_g
07-12-2006, 12:52 PM
Safe Harbor accept Pay Pal or did do first time I ordered it there and I'm UK based, when I ordered the upgrade I just used my regular plastic, and got no complaints

DogBoy
07-12-2006, 01:23 PM
Safe Harbor accept Pay Pal or did do first time I ordered it there and I'm UK based, when I ordered the upgrade I just used my regular plastic, and got no complaints

So did I Gerry, but he isn't in the UK, and it sounds like they have blanket banned people from Turkey from buying from Safe Harbor.

:thumbsdow

gerry_g
07-12-2006, 04:54 PM
What I meant was – Just because Safe Harbor wont let him max his plastic with them doesn't mean Paypal won't let him have an account and be his guarantor............or is the whole country on the blacklist with everyone??

Bog
07-12-2006, 06:03 PM
Gawrsh, I know how you feel. I've been working at a client's place who've only got 8.2/8.5 and I've got Phantom Limb Syndrome reaching for tools that should be there... but mysteriously aren't.

Then I remember. This is not home, anymore. This is the past. This is a time that was good, but is gone.

You can't go back. Visit a place you used to live years ago, and things are changed, things have moved on while you were away. What you thought was the power and beauty of your youth was just ignorance.

But now, you've seen. You've stood tall and hooked nodes together. You've used 20 vertices in a subpatch and you laughed while you did it. You added barrel distortion to a render just for the sake of it - because you were mighty, and you could.

And then you're back. Back in the old town. The dust blows 'round your shoes as you look at the suddenly crippled looking camera options. You go to add a soupcon of subsurface scattering, and it's just ... not... there.

You reach for your modelling tools in layout... and there's just a gap. Just a hole.

Just a hole, man. Just a hole.

And nobody around you knows why your eyes are full of tears.

You can't go back, man. You can only go on.

(sorry, I'm in one of those moods tonight :D )

tyrot
07-12-2006, 06:07 PM
dear gerry_g

this is what i thought first. But they dont accept PAYPAL's connected to the credit card. SO no go in that path too. They simply refuse and i dont care. First day has passed. I can hold it :)

Yeah, they banned whole Turkey. I worked as a lawyer here for 2-3 years, i know the levels of credit card fraud. But you know, this is a bit "segregation" in my book. But really i dont care.

My error was i didnt keep Bank Of America's credit cards or bank accounts, when i moved here.. I will reopen them when i go back US...THis is simply crazy.

BEST - and thanks for concern.

DogBoy
07-13-2006, 01:22 AM
What I meant was Just because Safe Harbor wont let him max his plastic with them doesn't mean Paypal won't let him have an account and be his guarantor............or is the whole country on the blacklist with everyone??

Sorry gerry, I seem to be a member of the hard of thinking right now. I didn't pick up your point. At all. Me bad :D

StereoMike
07-13-2006, 03:09 AM
Boc: You are one funny guy. Every now and then I find one of your posts and find myself rofl. Thanks.

Mike

colkai
07-13-2006, 03:15 AM

You Sirrah, are most assuredly, not a well bunny.
Cleverly written, granted, but still , one disturbed individual. :p :jester:

tyrot
07-14-2006, 02:19 AM
dear mike

did you get also email from mighty viktor..? He says it will be available via Newtek Europe soon... That s good to know that we are waiting for something..

(but i m still at the corner and crying ..crying)

BEST

StereoMike
07-14-2006, 03:36 AM
Hi Tyrot,

I wrote an Email to the salesperson (German region), stating LWCAD is already available via Safe Harbor and when I can get it from NT-E.
A day later I got an answer with information how to pay the money and then everything should be fine.
Mike

DiedonD
07-14-2006, 05:54 AM
Gawrsh, I know how you feel. I've been working at a client's place who've only got 8.2/8.5 and I've got Phantom Limb Syndrome reaching for tools that should be there... but mysteriously aren't.

Then I remember. This is not home, anymore. This is the past. This is a time that was good, but is gone.

You can't go back. Visit a place you used to live years ago, and things are changed, things have moved on while you were away. What you thought was the power and beauty of your youth was just ignorance.

But now, you've seen. You've stood tall and hooked nodes together. You've used 20 vertices in a subpatch and you laughed while you did it. You added barrel distortion to a render just for the sake of it - because you were mighty, and you could.

And then you're back. Back in the old town. The dust blows 'round your shoes as you look at the suddenly crippled looking camera options. You go to add a soupcon of subsurface scattering, and it's just ... not... there.

You reach for your modelling tools in layout... and there's just a gap. Just a hole.

Wow.... I have a BA in Psychology, if you want to talk about it I mean.
I just cant see a God this low :) . Im sure you can find a way to contact me.

Safe Harbor
07-17-2006, 10:10 AM
We are not picking on Turkey - we simply cannot verify cardholder information in that country and verification is a process vital to credit card security and fraud prevention. There are many countries with laws (or banks with policies) that prohibit us from being able to verify cardholder information. They will not even answer "yes" or "no" if we provide them all the info and say "does that match your database?"

Because of that, we cannot accept credit cards from customers in those countries or who use certain banks (even some US banks are on our "unacceptable" list). There is nothing we can do about this - we would certainly LOVE to see a change!

We do accept paypal (linked to a bank account, not a credit card because of the high fees we have to pay with credit card payments through paypal), wire transfers, and bank checks. We do try to make ordering as simple as possible, because of course we want your business - we don't want to send you away!

But sometimes there is just nothing we can do and we have to wish you good day and best of luck and hopefully you can order from us in the future.

willydee
07-23-2006, 08:01 AM
Where can I select PayPal as payment option? Sorry, but I was unable to find it.

cagey5
07-23-2006, 09:20 AM
Any News from Newtek Europe about their offer yet?

janoverust
07-23-2006, 10:15 AM
Guess not... Im going to buy mine from Safe Harbor tomorrow...

parm
07-23-2006, 05:08 PM
I got mine last week from Newtek Europe. It's definitely available, check with customer services.

kevinmcpoland
07-24-2006, 05:35 AM
Using the excellent call-back service I ordered mine this morning, should be downloading within 24hrs...

Thanks again Edith!!

Kev McP,
Essex UK

Safe Harbor
07-24-2006, 08:37 AM
Where can I select PayPal as payment option? Sorry, but I was unable to find it.

Paypal is available via telephone. You call, place your order, and we email you an invoice request. We are currently working on implementing Paypal as an online payment choice, but it requires some reprogramming of our site.

FHL
07-31-2006, 02:52 PM
Dear LightWave Users,
LW-CAD 2.0 and LW-CAD 2.0 Upgrades are now available from NewTek Europe since 2 weeks.
We just did not want to make the product available before it was ready.
I think that it is important to clarify here the fact that LW-CAD 1.5 was offered to the LightWave community thanks to NewTek Europe who negociated this superb offer with Viktor Velicko.
LW-CAD 2.0 can be ordered using NewTek Europe Free Call Back service http://www.newtek-europe.com/uk/products/lightwave/lwcad.asp
It will soon be available from NewTek Europe On-Line store aswell.

NewTek Europe is fine tuning some new cool surprises for the LightWave community so stay tuned.
Thank you.

Franck Lafage
NewTek Europe Managing Director

BeeVee
08-11-2006, 08:28 AM
Hi guys,

Our online shop is back up and because it was down we've extended the special pricing on the LWCAD2 upgrade until 20th August at 59 €. There is a slight bug in the shop code at the moment that puts shipping costs on the order for it, but fear not, you won't get charged it.

B
NewTek Europe online shop (http://www.newtek-shop.com/)