PDA

View Full Version : Things I still miss from EI

gatz
07-10-2006, 06:20 PM
Now that LW9 is almost out I thought I'd start the feature request dogpile for the next vers. Two things I really miss from Electric Image that I think Newtek should "hommage.":

Camera positioning keys. In EI you can frame the camera view with an elegant set of key combos. Kind of like the non-camera views in LW, but with dolly, tilt, orbit and zoom. I've tried to cobble together null camera refs, point at's etc but it just doesn't work as well.

Oversampling (I think this is what it's called) of renders. The edges of objects render PAST the edge of alpha. A lot better that having to choke every matte in AE.

rg

toby
07-10-2006, 09:11 PM
LW is way better than EI, but it's anti-aliasing and motion blur are still a little better.

Orbit would be handy, but tilt and zoom are already there, cntrl-click will give you zoom with the translate tool selected, and cntrl-right click will tilt (dutch?) the camera with the rotate tool.

The oversampling was really cool too, the only thing I've seen with as good an alpha is the recent tif format. Have you tried tif? No clean up neccessary in AE.